Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oneprovider is the worst hosting provider I've ever encountered. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oneprovider is the worst hosting provider I've ever encountered.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hotels offer refunds after I check in? Shit I've been doing this wrong all along. Next time I need to take a shit I'm getting a hotel room and a refund.

• AidanAidan Member

@Brice said: If the products they deliver are unusable or unqualified, they will refund them.

The service you purchased was fit for purpose, your inability to comprehend this fact does not change the situation.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • If a provider is that desperate to retain $5 then you need to look elsewhere. They are clearly financially unstable and every $ is required to keep their business afloat.

edited March 2022

@noobjockeys said:
    If a provider is that desperate to retain $5 then you need to look elsewhere. They are clearly financially unstable and every $ is required to keep their business afloat.

Not true. I'll fight tooth and nail to win a $5 chargeback. Know why? If I don't fight them, they start increasing over time. The reason being that the people who were on the fence weren't turned away. The people who lose the chargeback write bad reviews, and their bad reviews reduce refund requests. You might think this reduces overall revenue but despite this, growth is almost too fast to handle.

Same reason I bill a career spammer $1 per spam email sent. They tell their spammer friends. I don't get another one for months. It's not about needing the money, it's about the reduction in overhead.

• last time I remember that was like $20 (more or less) I asked them not to refund me, just refund that amount and add to my account balance so they did it.

Then I buy something else with it, and done.

• Seriously services providers targeting at MJJ market should add a ToS reading comprehension test before accepting their orders so that providers won't be dealing with abusers like OP.

I bet most of them don't even read or have the ability to understand the terms at all which is obviously shown from OP and other work orderers' translator English.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • @jar said: Not true. I'll fight tooth and nail to win a $5 chargeback

Any provider who fights tooth and nail over a $5 chargeback when a customer is having a bad experience within 24 hours is shocking and you deserve negative reviews. If a customer has a bad connection with the VM and reports this within 24 hours you should be refunding the customer 100% its called being a good and caring provider who wants his customers to have a great experience.

edited March 2022

@noobjockeys said: Any provider who fights tooth and nail over a $5 chargeback when a customer is having a bad experience within 24 hours is shocking and you deserve negative reviews

Good to know you won't be one. Since you know everything and you only interpret anything in the most asshole way possible.

@noobjockeys said: If a customer has a bad connection with the VM and reports this within 24 hours you should be refunding the customer 100% its called being a good and caring provider who wants his customers to have a great experience.

I look forward to checking in with how you feel about things a year after your first offer thread. Armchair expert is an easy job. All of the opinion, none of the experience. I can already see it though, since you only interpret everything a specific way that only villainizes one side of a transaction, you'll hate your customers because the experience will just make you flip it over to the other side. You think it won't, they always think it won't.

Thanked by 2ooowwww bulbasaur
  • If you think 5$ chargeback cost provider 5$ in total you are hella wrong.

Thanked by 2jar bulbasaur
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

Did you get a server in Hong Kong? Yes. Did it work? Yes.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited March 2022

@Brice said:
    My question is very simple. Can its terms of service go beyond the rights and interests conferred on consumers by law? Please answer.

You aren't going to like the answer to these questions but sure.

A ToS or EULA, is an agreement under the law. That agreement specifies which jurisdictions law takes effect and it is going to be the law where the company operates unless otherwise specified. It is extremely rare for an agreement to be elsewhere of where the company operates (as it impacts all their legal documents and payment terms).

In other words - you agreed to consumer protection in their country & state. Not yours.

Now - you can fight the payment. Doing so means going to your bank or PayPal and filing a dispute. However you should lose that dispute as you agreed to contract terms and are breaking that contract. Lying about why you are doing that would constitute fraud.

@Brice said:
    Before signing the contract, all offline salespeople must explain the characteristics of the products or services they sell, not hide anything, just for users to quickly pay the money.

Not true. The information was given to you, you agreed to it, without reading it. It may be important to share that without an agreement there is still implied agreements protected by law.

If someone offered you a hamburger for $2, you took the hamburger, but did not give them $2 - even without an agreement in place - it's an implied agrement and still enforceable under the law (as theft in this case). Even if you 'didnt like' the hamburger. Now a McDonald's, to save PR face is likely to apologize and let you have it for free. But they do that to be nice. You are, in actual fact, a thief under the law in most places.

At no point did they necessarily describe the hamburger to you, although it is likely listed on their billboard or website, but regardless you are obligated to pay for it if you agreed to do so at the onset.

@Brice said:
    When there is a problem with the transaction, the local law should be the rule, not the terms of a company. They have no right to do so.

Also not true. No company will adhere to laws of every city, province and country. It is applied at the location the company operates, unless they otherwise specify it in their agreement with you.

That said, you do have a relationship with your bank. However, as I said, to challenge the payment with the bank you would need to present the contract. Which shows you are actually breaking the contract.

@Brice said:
    So the products provided can't meet my requirements. Is it wrong for me to ask for a refund within 24 hours?

That depends entirely on their ToS. Most likely however it would be wrong for you (legally) to request a refund. Because ...

Do they display TOS in an inconspicuous place on the website, which means they can trample on the rights and interests of consumers? I want to see what everyone thinks.

Ignorance to the agreement, or not reading the agreement, does not absolve you of the law. Saying you didn't know you could not kill someone does not absolve you of the crime.

It is your responsibility to thoroughly read, and agree, to the terms.

Now if they didn't explicitely make you agree to the ToS or EULA - you then have an excuse with your bank to file a refund (you didn't agree to the arrangement). In which case it would still default to the local law of the company providing the service (this is why implied agrement is important to mention above). Which still is very likely to not benefit you or ensure you get any kind of refund (as you bought a service without checking it would work for you, which is actually your responsibility). Which means you are likely still out of luck.

Buying a product or service is actually a privilege, not a right. So the company (even if this makes you uncomfortable) has a lot more power over the relationship than you do. The ToS and EULA are theirs and belong to their legal team. You are agreeing to their terms, not the other way around.

@Brice said:
    This is not his authority under the law. This has crossed the bottom line of the law, it is money grabbing, it is evil, it is illegal. do you understand?

Yes it is. It is basic law theory. And a basic agreement. In fact it's all written in rather plain language on their website.

The real question is - do you understand?

• BriceBrice Member

I think those who take regional attacks should not appear in this post. This is not a good practice.

Anyone who tries to justify TOS may be the person hired by the seller.
    They tried to rationalize their robber clause.

If a company is established in Canada, it will act in accordance with the laws of Canada, rather than taking out the so-called TOS.

You can build it, but when there is a dispute, no one will care about what you call TOS. Because it's just something released by a private company. Don't think it's a big deal. It's nothing. All dispute resolution will only be judged according to the legal rules of the place where the company is located. Generally speaking, people may settle disputes on the basis of TOS first in order to make things simple, but if one party thinks TOS is unreasonable, it should be the local law has the final say. If someone collects money but fails to provide qualified products, I don't think the laws all over the world will think it is reasonable.

I mean, if you establish a contract with someone somewhere, once the content of the contract violates the law of the jurisdiction, the contract will be invalid or illegal. Not to mention the so-called TOS.

This post does not reply to further discussion.

Like the title of this post, I just expressed my feelings and views. You can disagree. I don't need your consent, and I don't care whether you agree or not.

If someone likes to trade with such a company, just do it yourself.

• AidanAidan Member

@Brice said: I mean, if you establish a contract with someone somewhere, once the content of the contract violates the law of the jurisdiction, the contract will be invalid or illegal. Not to mention the so-called TOS.

The burden of proof lies with the accuser, make SPECIFIC reference(s) to the law(s) being violated or take a hike.

This isn't a review, it's barely a shitpost.

• VoidVoid Member
    edited March 2022

@Brice

No direct route to Chinese mainland was found in the boot test. The packet loss rate is more than 28%, and the Ping test is more than 500ms. To the extent that it cannot be used.

Did oneprovider ever promise they offer direct route to china and packet loss less than 28 % and ping less than 500ms? If yes, chargeback or keep whining until they refund. If not, just stfu

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • Can't find LookingGlass address on oneprovider's website.

• ooowwwwooowwww Member
    edited March 2022

@Brice said:

@Aidan said:

@Brice said: My question is very simple. Can its terms of service go beyond the rights and interests conferred on consumers by law?

Yes, they can afford you additional rights above the legislated minimum.

Collect money from customers and don't offer qualified products.
    This is not his authority under the law. This has crossed the bottom line of the law, it is money grabbing, it is evil, it is illegal. do you understand?

Which part of the product is unqualified? OP didn't promise you optimized connection to china

• @Brice said:
    It's ridiculous that someone took out the terms written by a small private company as the highest instruction.

When there is a problem with the transaction, the local law should be the rule, not the terms of a company. They have no right to do so.

The law is supreme. If all companies face their consumers and use their terms as rules, the world will be chaotic.

Nobody is forcing you to accept tos, if you want premiumized service, go find one that promised you direc connection. Your lack of self-awareness is preposterous

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@KermEd said:
    If someone offered you a hamburger for $2, you took the hamburger, but did not give them $2 - even without an agreement in place - it's an implied agrement and still enforceable under the law (as theft in this case). Even if you 'didnt like' the hamburger. Now a McDonald's, to save PR face is likely to apologize and let you have it for free. But they do that to be nice. You are, in actual fact, a thief under the law in most places.

McDonald's won't give you the hamburger until after you have paid.
    Both the app and the in-store cash register are setup this way.
    You pay, your order shows up on the screen, and the kitchen makes your hamburger.

It never happened that I "didn't like" a McDonald's hamburger.
    In Wendy's, I once received a cold hamburger, but that was my first time at Wendy's so I didn't know that the hamburger is not supposed to be cold.
    The receipt prompts me to go to their website for a survey, so I faithful described the flavor of a cold hamburger in the survey.
    A few hours later, their district manager emailed me and offered a "replacement meal".
    I went to the same store the week and handed over the printed email, and they let me had a combo meal for free, with a hot hamburger this time.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • All this over $5?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@omega1 said:
    All this over $5?

You created an account just to ask that?

• @JabJab said: If you think 5$ chargeback cost provider 5$ in total you are hella wrong.

>
    I actually meant "just refund the guy" it's not worth having an unhappy customer over $5 and then the risk of chargeback fees on top. If the customer is not happy then refund.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Complaint threads should be written this way:

Feature advertised by the provider: _________
    Feature expected by the greedy customer: ___________
    Feature delivered by the provider to the customer: ____________

• @DP said:

@omega1 said:
    All this over $5?

You created an account just to ask that?

No, I've been meaning to create one for a while. This thread popped up in my Google news feed so I thought I'd read it.

I can't believe there's so much hype over $5.

Write off the $5 and find a better provider.

Simples!

• @Brice said:
    I think those who take regional attacks should not appear in this post. This is not a good practice.

Anyone who tries to justify TOS may be the person hired by the seller.
    They tried to rationalize their robber clause.

If a company is established in Canada, it will act in accordance with the laws of Canada, rather than taking out the so-called TOS.

Which Canadian law are you referring to specifically?

• @chenxuhua said:
    Can't find LookingGlass address on oneprovider's website.

They don't, but I've asked them for the IP of one of their locations and they gave it to me (specifically, Belgium, which is M247).

• I can't say anything about their dedicated servers, but OneProvider VMs are the slowest I ever tried in my life, oversold as Hell, like 80-90% of steal constantly. Just installing a package with apt is a real challenge!

• Anyone noticed shitpost churner OP secretly added bandwagonhost aff signature. :wink:

• Skimmed this, but did OP ever like actually point out which laws he thinks OneProvider has violated? Is there really a consumer protection law that protects people from dissatisfaction?

OP's claims that the server is unusable are laughable of course, so this really can't fall under broken or defective service.

• The law protects the rich only. If you don't believe, you can sue them according to the law.

• @Brice said: The so-called TOS cannot override the consumer protection law.

That is correct, if you are a consumer. Consumer law doesn't protect businesses. But no company in the world can override their obligations under consumer law. Australia has one of the strongest consumer laws in the world and is being used by the European Union as a model for what they want - so in the future you will likely see it becoming a LOT easier to enforce your consumer rights.

Even businesses though have some protection, there's unconscionable conduct that applies (in Australia) to all transactions whether the client is a consumer or a business.

And before anyone talks shit - YES Australian Consumer Law applies worldwide, just ask Valve who tried disputing that without getting any legal advice first, or Apple who also wilfully broke the law. If you wish to sell goods or services to Australian consumers it means you are legally bound by your obligations under Australian Consumer Law. Where enforcement isn't possible, banks and payment gateways will usually assist consumers. At the moment what we're seeing is car manufactures being beaten into line with the long stick of enforcement because they have a very shady relationship with ACL and some of them are learning the hard way that there is no way to avoid it and their obligations under it. John Cadogan (an independent auto journalist) reports on these cases regularly.

@iNanja said: I don't know about your laws, but when you purchased from them, you agreed to their terms of service. Normally when you make an agreement, whatever you agreed upon is usually what matters in most places around the world.

Consumer rights are inalienable and cannot be removed by TOS agreements. You can usually issue a charge back request from your bank in matters of international transactions where they are refusing to honour your rights (it's only a request they can deny it, but most vendors that have done the wrong thing will not bother to dispute a small charge-back). I've had to do this in the past myself - there was a time that I bought two products from a seller on ebay. After two months he had not posted them, I raised an ebay dispute but they wanted to give him more time etc and he was making the claim he couldn't afford to post the items or some such nonsense. I had paid them directly, so I rang my bank who I hate and issued a request to reverse the transaction - they didn't want to open such a request and told me they can't force them to return the money they can only make the request etc and after telling the banker for the umpteenth time to make that request for me she did. One week later they recovered my money.

@stevewatson301 said: Did the provider mention anywhere that a CN optimized route would be provided? (In other words, blame Xi Jinping for the GFW and not the provider.)

A consumer is not necessarily in a position to know any better though. Hong Kong is part of China, a consumer may reasonably expect that HK hosting is reliably connected to mainland China. That's the kind of thing that's important to know ahead of buying the service and it should be made clear on the website. It'd be like buying a TV and finding that it didn't have a digital tuner - it wouldn't be of acceptable quality simple as that.