Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think is reasonable yearly fee for provider ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you think is reasonable yearly fee for provider ?

LisoLiso Member

I'm talking about recent implementation of provider tag fee for $200/yearly, while I think this is really high cost— I can't speak for any providers here, as I've never operated server/hosting service, so this is purely my opinion. But many people here seems to disagree with this changes.

So I want to know, What do you think is reasonable yearly fee for provider ? Or should there be any fee (at all) ?

Poll
  1. Reasonable fee for provider (yearly)191 votes
    1. $10 - $50
      29.32%
    2. $50 - $100
      13.61%
    3. $100 - $150
        7.33%
    4. Free
      49.74%

Comments

• For 1C 1G I prefer under $20

Thanked by 2dedicados deqi
  • henixhenix Member

@lowendclient said:
    For 1C 1G I prefer under $20

... he was't talking about the service prices

• @henix said:

@lowendclient said:
    For 1C 1G I prefer under $20

... he was't talking about the service prices

Noticed that.. my bad : :D

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • $7/y

• eriseris Member

$200 is fair.. If you can't pay 16 dollar / month for advertising...

• AidanAidan Member

@eris said:
    $200 is fair.. If you can't pay 16 dollar / month for advertising...

Very few providers are unable to pay $100 every 6 months.

The issue (one of many) is the perceived value gained from doing so, not the payment itself.

• $100 year

just to make sure it's serious and keep it low

=== financing

no need high end content creator and video

for interview need to improve

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • devpdevp Member
    edited March 2022

@Aidan said:

@eris said:
    is fair.. If you can't pay / month for advertising...

Very few providers are unable to pay every 6 months.

The issue (one of many) is the perceived value gained from doing so, not the payment itself.

Agreed.

Suggestions on "Provider Tag" new rules implementation:

• Keep provider tags assignment as they are alreay operational.
    • Providers that are creating multiple offers every month should
      contribute to keep operations here self sustain for the resources involved.

• Providers that are creating upto one offer per month ( can be a mega offer )
      continue to operate and post offers as per current "Provider Tag" rules.

Suggestions from Providers and Members are appreciated.

Thanked by 3kkrajk CConner SplitIce
  • eriseris Member

@pedagang said:
    no need high end content creator and video

for interview need to improve

I assume Lowendtalk is not an Charity so the owner can do what he wants if you like it or not...

Offcourse there will be a number of users for who the "Provider" tags doesn't give enough "advantages" But do they have to create separate rules for each user the rules will be come unclear as ***

• $100/year is a good price. It's less than $10 per month for advertising...

• @stevewatson301 said:
    $5/y

• $50

• @eris said:
    I assume Lowendtalk is not an Charity so the owner can do what he wants if you like it or not...

yes

but it's community base ....
    unless otherwise

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

I don’t mind a nominal fee but 200 yearly is a bit excessive imo

• VoidVoid Member

@Liso said:
    I'm talking about recent implementation of provider tag fee for $200/yearly, while I think this is really high cost— I can't speak for any providers here, as I've never operated server/hosting service, so this is purely my opinion. But many people here seems to disagree with this changes.

So I want to know, What do you think is reasonable yearly fee for provider ? Or should there be any fee (at all) ?

What do you think is reasonable yearly fee for users? Users make good profit off the deals posted here too. And they even get free drama and entertainment. Would you sell to a user who isn’t ready to pay $16 per month for LET elite membership?

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited March 2022

every provider should be given:

• 2 free offer posts per year
    • thereafter $200 per year fee (for more offer posts)

so neither small providers will leave this platform, nor customers will be deprived of LE offers from such providers, and if any provider feels they need to post more offers then they'll happily pay the $200 fee.

• this is really a double sided story..

• On the one hand, @jbiloh and his team NEED to MAKE MONEY to be able to run this forum.. If they want to improve, they need budget, and the current banners in advertisement won't cut it it seems. Therefore, some compromise needs to be made.

• On the other hand, people argue that 200$/yr is high for a provider, which i can see for really smally/hobby providers being issue. But please keep in mind the kinds of visitors this forum only gets. It's literally specific advertisement with specific targeting in the hosting market with high value reach, directly in the customer group you want to advertise in. 16$/mo is a steal if you compare it with alternatives. Some review sites that, for example, hostgator and such in the past really utilized, easily ask 2k$/yr.
      There is also the argument that, providers that can't pay the 200$/yr, is a red flag to start with, and doesn't indicate good company health.

• Provider tag should be free (Provided the provider has a valid billing & support system and be a regitered entity) with 3 offer threads per year spaced no less than 6 weeks between them. Providers requiring to post more offer threads & threads at lesser intervals need to pay for such privileges. Posting offer threads wtihin the window of a mega event (2 weeks before & 1 week after - BF, CM, NY & Easter) would require a payment of $10-20 per thread and $10 to participate in the mega threads

• no more low end provider.
    lol :p

• sonicsonic Veteran

$7

• chipchip Member

It's unfortunately a double edged sword

Keeping the operation running (I'm talking about the lowendtalk forum and lowendbox) incurs costs

However it is a "low end" hosting discussion forum and so the providers are pitching low cost services and low prices so there can't be massive profit margins in there

So there probably needs to be a fee but I'm not sure many will be able to justify $200 per year when there selling $1-7 per month services

Chip

• Providers are the life blood. They donate great sales to help build this community. Why should they sacrifice anything more than that?

• eriseris Member

@KermEd said:
    Providers are the life blood. They donate great sales to help build this community. Why should they sacrifice anything more than that?

Because with "Thank you" they can't pay bills...

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Our community needs to grow and it needs more and bigger funnels that drive people to LEB and LET. Someone hits LEB because of a content piece, and they join LET and vice versa.

In order for our pool of users to continue to grow and offer providers the opportunity to sell the users services, we need to stay relevant. To stay relevant we need content. Content isn't free. So it's a big picture sort of thing and when some very vocal users say "just go away and don't touch it" -- in my humble opinion that is actually dooming it to guaranteed failure in some period of time.

We are asking those among us (providers) who make the most money from this site to effectively allocate $16/month to LowEndTalk - and only $13/month for the first 6 months after the discount. That's less than a Netflix subscription and an absolutely amazing value when you consider how expensive other means of advertising are. If no one contributes, places like LET/LEB/ETC don't exist after a period of time and/or wither over time to irrelevancy.

Look how far we've come the last two years. I am going to continue to be dedicated to building an enhancing the platform for the benefit of all but that takes resources. So here we are.

Thanked by 1therain
  • @eris said:

@KermEd said:
    Providers are the life blood. They donate great sales to help build this community. Why should they sacrifice anything more than that?

Because with "Thank you" they can't pay bills...

That isn't the providers problem - they pay by contributing great sales. There are also ads conveniently placed at the bottom and right.

• This is low end. Most providers already offer low end pricing for all of us with razor thin profit(some times with a loss) here. Asking for $200 every year for posting offers seems to be well above high end.

I feel its more appropriate to have a one time 'provider tag application processing fee' with free yearly offer post limit.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur adly
  • @jbiloh said:
    Our community needs to grow and it needs more and bigger funnels that drive people to LEB and LET.

Paywalls don't grow communities, they block them. It is quite literally how a paywall works.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@KermEd said: Paywalls don't grow communities, they block them. It is quite literally how a paywall works.

I don't see it as a paywall.

When I envision a paywall I think about a website that requires the user to pay to view content. That annoys me. I visit those websites without an ad blocker to support their business and sometimes I even click on ads that interest me.

What LowEndTalk is doing is asking companies among us, who profit from our community, to pitch in just a little bit for the benefit of doing so. Their contribution ensures that our community grows via the strategies outlines and so their overall benefit grows in a commensurate fashion. The whole system is symbiotic.

Thanked by 1devp
  • 50 usd per year feels reasonable

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited March 2022

My opinion would be pay as you go would be better, instead of a yearly fee. I think its would be easier to adjust to.

Black Friday would be where most the action would be for the year.

Maybe $25 a post for offers to start with.

Thanked by 1yoursunny