Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 75
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• Node 40 YABS. IO and network issues seems to.

• @xpreboun said:

@嘻嘻哈哈 said:
    It's been almost a month. When will it be ready?

You are missing subject on this.
    By it, do you mean "All Virmach pre-order", "specific service you ordered in a specific location" or something else?

I think San Jose, Seattle and Phoenix are ready and others are either in transit, waiting for setup or experiencing some delays due to numerous issues on Ryzen and/or NVMe SSD (or some other components)

VPS in Tokyo

• @xixihaha said:

@xpreboun said:

@嘻嘻哈哈 said:
    It's been almost a month. When will it be ready?

You are missing subject on this.
    By it, do you mean "All Virmach pre-order", "specific service you ordered in a specific location" or something else?

I think San Jose, Seattle and Phoenix are ready and others are either in transit, waiting for setup or experiencing some delays due to numerous issues on Ryzen and/or NVMe SSD (or some other components)

VPS in Tokyo

Probably not today.

• @noisycode said:

@tooyoung said: debian 11 available.
    edit:Debian 10 mounts the iso and installing success.

>

Tried re-installing Debian 11, still got error message box, claiming 'Unknown Error'.

Is the vps already online? If yes, suggest using vnc and see what exactly it is doing.

I've encountered a similar situation, usually the last operation did not complete causing this message to appear.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@riofredinand - I would suggest installing the ALMA8 template first to allow CPU pass-thru and enable AES-NI & VM-x/AMD-V. Then install the O/S of your choice. This will improve performance. :)

• tooyoungtooyoung Member
    edited April 2022

Debian 11 restart via ssh, vps does not start, must be boot manually in the panel. Anyone in a similar situation? Still my problem?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@riofredinand said:
    Node 40 YABS. IO and network issues seems to.

Everyone's benchmarking and the other half are kernel panicking.

• @tooyoung said:

@noisycode said:

@tooyoung said: debian 11 available.
    edit:Debian 10 mounts the iso and installing success.

>

Tried re-installing Debian 11, still got error message box, claiming 'Unknown Error'.

Is the vps already online? If yes, suggest using vnc and see what exactly it is doing.

I've encountered a similar situation, usually the last operation did not complete causing this message to appear.

Negative. It's never online. Maybe I should come back later :)

I'll try to allocate some time for redoing templates but it's going to be very difficult. I may just load in the latest from SVM template database.

• my invoice# is 140xxxx, time is passing day by day, I don't know how long to wait.

@louiejordan said:
    my invoice# is 140xxxx, time is passing day by day, I don't know how long to wait.

I can switch you over to an immediate location or refund you any time you don't wish to wait, but more Tokyo is being set up on Tuesday.

• @VirMach said:
    I'll try to allocate some time for redoing templates but it's going to be very difficult. I may just load in the latest from SVM template database.

I prefer install via iso, anyone capable of it should.

For now Alma is the only template that works, all others should be removed.

• @VirMach said:

@louiejordan said:
    my invoice# is 140xxxx, time is passing day by day, I don't know how long to wait.

I can switch you over to an immediate location or refund you any time you don't wish to wait, but more Tokyo is being set up on Tuesday.

well, refund is not a good option, it looks like I'll just have to keep waiting for a few more days, hopefully my VPS will be set up on Tuesday. :'(

• @VirMach said: refund you any time you don't wish to wait

I requested a refund for a week and it is not resolved.
    Ticket 265465

• @VirMach I placed an order for 500g storage server just now, i remember that i choose the Tokyo location, but after paid for it, it shows that the location is LA. i don't know why(maybe I chose wrong? ) but, anyway, can you help me change to Tokyo location? I already opened a Ticket #129679 thanks very much!

• Invoice 1397181,Tokyo, can I set it today?

• Here is the result of iperf tested about 2-3 hours ago
    After many people have completed the benchmark, the results will be much better :)

Host Location Send Recv
    WebHorizon Tokyo 629 Mbits/sec 838 Mbits/sec
    Oracle Osaka 715 Mbits/sec 736 Mbits/sec
    George DC Los Angeles 636 Mbits/sec 589 Mbits/sec
    RackNerd New York 341 Mbits/sec 395 Mbits/sec
    Terrahost Norway 470 Mbits/sec 347 Mbits/sec
  • @xixihaha said:
    Invoice 1397181,Tokyo, can I set it today?

No!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@FrankZ said:

@sammy said:

@FrankZ said:

@sammy said: There seems to be a problem, installed centos7 +5.4.188 kernel, using 1024m SWAP
    Not running any software, but goes offline at about every 5 minutes
    Need to boot manually to boot
    Tokoy39 Nodes

How did you install centos7 ?

Additional Tools> Reinstall OS
    There is centos7 that can be reinstalled.

I tried that and it shutdown in the middle of the yum update during the install. When I restarted it the kernel panics. So if you got CentOS7 to install and then upgraded to 5.4.188 kernel you got further then me.

Woot. I got CentOS7 to install via the CentOS7 Server ISO in SolusVM on Node39. No kernel panic so far.

• @riofredinand said:
    Node 40 YABS. IO and network issues seems to.

What version of the system do you install, why can't I log in to SSH after installation?

• ErickErick Member

Glad to see a good change in Tokyo, Invoice #1399397+Invoice #1399565 look forward to being on the list for the next batch of Tokyo settings, thank you

• taizitaizi Member

@VirMach said: I've never seen such high CPU usage from a single VM.

maybe someone just doing some mining :*

• slowhandslowhand Member
    edited April 2022

vps is offline, boot and reboot have no effect.
    Node Name:TYOC040
    MY Ticket #181861
    thank you
    @VirMach

• reisenpaireisenpai Member
    edited April 2022

--- gateway ping statistics ---
    500 packets transmitted, 499 received, 0.2% packet loss, time 500266ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.788/4.613/142.902/12.072 ms

Slightly instable.

• @VirMach
    希望下次开机测试能帮我开通此测试 谢谢!#1398949

• @VirMach said:

@louiejordan said:

I hope the next boot test can help me open this test. Thank you! #1398949

• itoito Member, Host Rep

@VirMach said:

If you need a template, I have a whole set of qcow2 available to you :)

• @VirMach said:

After installing Debian 11, the server is online, why can't I log in with the ssh tool

• Invoice 1396790,Tokyo, can I set it today?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ckplay168 said:
    Invoice 1396790,Tokyo, can I set it today?

Hi, yes, you can.

Best regards!

This discussion has been closed.