Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the absolute worst provider you've dealt with? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the absolute worst provider you've dealt with?

2»

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@comXyz said:
    Oracle
    Google
    Amazon

... and Azure. I don't count them as the worst though because actually I would not even consider to buy from them (and they are not LET providers).

As for myself, well, my experience isn't as long as some here plus I seem to have been quite lucky. There were some disappointing experiences but only one qualifies for the real 'worst' category: HostSolutions / @cociu. Although I still think that it wasn't a planned rip-off, anyway his behaviour and way to deal with the clusterf_ck he had created was utterly unacceptable and disgusting.

But I'd like to also add the complement, the positive "surprise": @terrahost (who took over HS's Norway nodes). They really honoured HS's crazy pricing and treated those clients really decently. Plus, of course, their products are great and so is their support.
    Plus, @RobMonster whom I first took to be (and called) an idiot after his statements after their earlier "losing" data, and who for quite some time and quite stubbornly continued the "corporate blah blah" routine not only finally made a clear statement re terrahost but actually seems to grow them and treat them well and constructively. So, terrahost in a way is double positive whopper, first terrahost per se plus the "new" Rob Monster. Kudos and a friendly grin to them!

Thanked by 1terrahost
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

These answers have been quite interesting. I don't personally have a "worst provider" since most of the providers that I've dealt with have been very decent (and haven't deadpooled yet).

• Let the past pass, there is no great harm anyway

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • kdhkdh Member

The one day I forgot to turn off my GPU server on AWS.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Anyone remember ZXHost

• Hajto.pl many many years ago, scam me $40 and no service provided. On that day I promise myself to stay very far away from .pl company

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited March 2022

I would say AlphaRacks... except...

I remember using a company called VortexVPS (Viper Sales) I think it was once upon a time - I used them because they were posted on LEB back then (LEB was a bit more raw and a bit more trustworthy to me 10 years ago).

Turned out they had been stealing customer credit cards (were caught trying to pay using 26 credit cards according to the data centers message on WHT). They would change brands every 3 or 4 months once the charge backs started hitting their data center providers.

Edit: It appears the guy (Grant Peter Lambden) ended up in jail for it for a while. Other company aliases were SpeedyVDS, Vortex-VPS, etc

• ehabehab Member

@FAT32 when he axed my testicles from the NDTN giveaways.
    i will get him one day.

• More interestingly, I've had great experiences with:

NFOServers, Hostodo, Gullo, Virmach, Joe's Data Center, Dacentec, Stablehost, CheapWindowsVPS, MacInCloud

I've found AWS to be unnecessarily complicated. Azure is annoying but not to AWS level.

• @Ahfaiahkid said:

@comXyz said:
    Oracle
    Google
    Amazon

What is wrong with them, they are good if you have the dough.

Well they're all wrong, and forgot about Azure, so

Oracle
    Google
    Amazon
    Azure

• I think we should have a thread for the worst client. @vitobotta

Thanked by 1kheng86
  • aws (very weak)

• @angstrom said:
    I thought that you were done with low-end providers.

Just curious :)

• coldcold Member

pacificrack

• devpdevp Member
    edited March 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: Aruba: sent me invoices for a different customer's services (in Spanish which made it even more weird, for me).

Aruba provides vmware based vps.
    They are among the best providers.

Reference Links:

• Luckily, I didn't have some major issues, but the worst provider I've dealt with as a customer is serverius.

• @devp said: They are among the best providers.

Good shill!
    (If you don't mind your details leaked to other customers of them.)