Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ What's the absolute worst provider you've dealt with?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the absolute worst provider you've dealt with?

Can we discuss about this? :D I am curious as to which provider one should absolutely avoid.

Thanked by 1devp
ยซ1

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited March 2022

I thought that you were done with low-end providers.

If you stay with high-end providers, you shouldn't have any significant issues.

Beyond this, what's the point of this thread? To name and shame? He said, she said?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What do you really want, OP?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Interesting question. Looking forward to seeing the answers.

Thanked by 3devp JasonM Alireza
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Oh, I see. So, this is what it is.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited March 2022

@jbiloh said:
    Interesting question.

With all due respect, I don't think that it's an interesting question.

People can tell all sorts of negative anecdotes. Without the need to produce evidence or to substantiate one's claims, talk is cheap.

• AWS with their bandwidth costs that you need math phd for

• @angstrom said: People can tell all sorts of negative

Like this one: Stay away from perfumes and crossroads.

• The bigger, the worse.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2022

Surprisingly I've not had a 'worse' provider in terms of actual confrontation BUT I'd say the worse of those are the one's that deadpooled on me (which I honestly cannot remember at this point).

Oh yes, then many many many years ago (8 years maybe?), there was virpus - they were the worse for me but I think management has changed and they claimed to have improved since then but they never hooked me again with their deals.

There was time4vps.eu too who decided to suddenly change prices (dramatically) - I only recently got back with them with their recurring discounts and affordable pricing again.

• Greenvaluehost
    • Alpharacks
    • Hostdark
    • rack.sx
  • edited March 2022

Absolute worst? It was HiFormance, which was a part of the entire AlphaRacks scam (as far as I remember). Or perhaps it was one of the big CC scams. I've lost track.

Got a VM. 50% packet loss started occuring exactly 2 days after I got it. Lasted till they went kaput. I paid for an entire year, used exactly 2 days.
    Wonderful ๐Ÿ‘

Another bad experience was with Delimiter. They collected payments for 1yr in advance for a dedicated server, and after the second renewal - my server died. Like died died. Dead and gone. I gave them 2 months to fix the issue. They didn't. I wasn't alone, a LOT of people were stuck in the same situation.
    I charged back, as pointed out here and on WHT, and PayPal sided with them and I got no money back, as well as had my Delimiter account closed for doing a chargeback.
    Hilarious ๐Ÿ‘

There were a few more disappointments with other providers as well, but I don't consider the money lost in either one of those cases. I take it as money well spent, as I learned a very valuable lesson - if its too cheap - there is probably a reason behind it. And that researching a company before you buy from it - is an absolute must.

With all that being said - I still find LET as one of the best places on the internet, in terms of finding good providers with good pricing. The amount of entrepreneurship here is mind blowing.

You just have to do your homework before buying.

• Hostican hands down

• tjntjn Member

GoDaddy

• Aruba: sent me invoices for a different customer's services (in Spanish which made it even more weird, for me).
    Then there's C@ck, of course. That bad that PayPal pulled the plug on them.

• IMO there is no worst, only worse.

• Hostclean: VPS constantly down, no response to ticket for 1 week. Had to file a PP dispute for refund

• JaguarPC.com
    euserv.de

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

My award goes to hostsolution

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Absolute worst? It was HiFormance, which was a part of the entire AlphaRacks scam (as far as I remember). Or perhaps it was one of the big CC scams. I've lost track.

Got a VM. 50% packet loss started occuring exactly 2 days after I got it. Lasted till they went kaput. I paid for an entire year, used exactly 2 days.
    Wonderful ๐Ÿ‘

You should have been able to get a refund on HiFormance, I did and had it for several months before they bolted. I don't recall it even being a hassle.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Aruba: sent me invoices for a different customer's services (in Spanish which made it even more weird, for me).
    Then there's C@ck, of course. That bad that PayPal pulled the plug on them.

I agree with Cloud at Cost being the worst for me, but I have to say I've gotten my money's worth by sticking it out.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • back in the days I had used Woothosting and their CPU load for 4 Core CPU used be as high has 60, 65, 67 like this! At such heavy load the cPanel/WHM would not load. empty screen, timeout! Price was for cents so not a big loss.

and then hostsolutions.ro that was also worst!

Well, regarding current providers, I don't find anyone (right now) to be worst. All are performing quite better if not best. But if you look around LET forum you'll know there are 3 to 4 providers that have many complaints, including some Romanian ones.

• PacificRack (Quadranet)
    dodge this shit.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • LeviLevi Member

@silicomnet said:
    JaguarPC.com
    euserv.de

Jpc was worst for you? :O you are a high maintenance partner

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    • Alpha Racks perfume company: acquires my provider then deletes my server before the contract is up
    • Unnamed Provider: stops all negative reviews via a clause in ToS
    • SunDNS: prevents outgoing domain transfer because I took a discount in domain registration and didn't buy hosting
    • Boomer: refuses to fix Virtualizor because they only work 2 hours per day, and creates a 10MB cPanel account as humiliation

the worst

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • pacificrack
    inxy (or hostry)

• Oracle
    Google
    Amazon

• @comXyz said:
    Oracle
    Google
    Amazon

What is wrong with them, they are good if you have the dough.

• @NobodyInteresting said:

Wonderful ๐Ÿ‘

Another bad experience was with Delimiter. They collected payments for 1yr in advance for a dedicated server, and after the second renewal - my server died. Like died died. Dead and gone. I gave them 2 months to fix the issue. They didn't. I wasn't alone, a LOT of people were stuck in the same situation.
    I charged back, as pointed out here and on WHT, and PayPal sided with them and I got no money back, as well as had my Delimiter account closed for doing a chargeback.
    Hilarious ๐Ÿ‘

There were a few more disappointments with other providers as well, but I don't consider the money lost in either one of those cases. I take it as money well spent, as I learned a very valuable lesson - if its too cheap - there is probably a reason behind it. And that researching a company before you buy from it - is an absolute must.

With all that being said - I still find LET as one of the best places on the internet, in terms of finding good providers with good pricing. The amount of entrepreneurship here is mind blowing.

You just have to do your homework before buying.

Also woothosting.com and hosting73.com was a part of AlphaRacks scam

• @cybertech said:
    pacificrack
    inxy (or hostry)

pacificrack, but why?