Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo Launches New All-Inclusive Object Storage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo Launches New All-Inclusive Object Storage

2»

Comments

• dosaidosai Member

@Astro said:
    And here i have a servarica storage box with 2TB for $49 a year and just threw minion on there.

Can we expect a service transfer soon?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@pbx said:
    Interesting. On the webpage they compare the pricing with the "big players" and not with their real competitors. Scaleway has similar pricing for 250GB and is cheaper for lower use thanks to the fact that the first 75GBs are free + you only pay for what you use. It seems to me that their setup is pretty good for the "standard" and "glacier" classes, but maybe Contabo's setup is as solid. @contabo_m is redundancy within the same DC?

They've done the same for VPS too. Comparing their VPS's to cloud platforms (i.e. Vultr, Linode, DigitalOcean) who charge hourly rather than comparing to other VPS providers that charge monthly.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • why go into storage when IO was never your strong suit?

Thanked by 1devp
  • AstroAstro Member
    edited March 2022

@dosai said:

@Astro said:
    And here i have a servarica storage box with 2TB for $49 a year and just threw minion on there.

Not for that one :)

Not sure why the sass tho - didn’t know service transfers were taboo

• dosaidosai Member

@Astro said:

@dosai said:

@Astro said:

I was just pulling your leg.

• AstroAstro Member

@dosai said:

@Astro said:

@dosai said:

@Astro said:

• did your company acquire cloudflare?

• ehabehab Member

@dosai said:

try pulling something else instead. Maybe Astro gives the 16TB for free
    :)

• dosaidosai Member

@ehab said:

@dosai said:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • AstroAstro Member

@dosai said:

@ehab said:

@dosai said:

But we can always start…

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@cybertech said:
    why go into storage when IO was never your strong suit?

You seem salty. Contabo is usually more than happy to increase the IO limits of VMs if there's a legitimate use-case for it. yabs 24/7 isn't one of them obviously.

• @Zerpy said:

@cybertech said:
    why go into storage when IO was never your strong suit?

You seem salty. Contabo is usually more than happy to increase the IO limits of VMs if there's a legitimate use-case for it. yabs 24/7 isn't one of them obviously.

well, enjoy! 🤣

• If someone wants to share a file for public download, will the shared link expire after a while or it can stay active until manually disabled?

• umzakumzak Member

@msallak1 said:
    If someone wants to share a file for public download, will the shared link expire after a while or it can stay active until manually disabled?

Stay active until manually disable, i've tried

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • I must say that performance wise it looks good. I had set up Nextcloud using a VPS with another provider and Wasabi, which worked fine but I thought that VPS and object storage being in the same DC with Contabo transfers might be faster. It seems that this is the case so far. I set up Nextcloud and am transferring my data (around 220GB) to see how long it takes and then decide if I want to keep this or not. I am mostly wondering about the VPS because of the mixed reviews.... If I decide to keep this I would also migrate my blog (a Rails app) and Plausible Analytics at least. Maybe something else.

• eKoeKo Member

@contabo_m Hello, the ratelimit of 250 r/s is per object or per bucket? is there a way to increase said limit ? also, why is the object storage hostname under cloudflare ? o.O

Thanks

• TejyTejy Member
    edited March 2022

@eKo said:
    @contabo_m Hello, the ratelimit of 250 r/s is per object or per bucket? is there a way to increase said limit ? also, why is the object storage hostname under cloudflare ? o.O

Thanks

For the Cloudflare part, it may be related to bandwidth costs, and edge locations.
    The fact that you can use more than 190 edge locations (Cloudflare' one) without managing the complete infrastructure, is a really smart move from Contabo.

I'm not working for Contabo, I just like their old desktop icon.

• Speed slower than my home internet.
    https://docs.contabo.com/docs/products/Object-Storage/technical-description/#limits
    bandwidth is limited and regularily adjusted. The default limit is 10 MByte/s (=80 Mbit/s).

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@willball Please stop necroposting.

This discussion has been closed.