Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo Launches New All-Inclusive Object Storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo Launches New All-Inclusive Object Storage

contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2022 in General

Contabo introduces a S3-compatible cloud storage to complement its compute products. The new Object Storage comes at fraction of price offered by other cloud providers. It comes at one all-inclusive flat fee with no extra costs.

Munich, Germany – March 9th, 2022 – Contabo, a global cloud computing provider headquartered in Germany, introduces Object Storage, a cloud data storage for anyone looking for a way to securely store and share data online at a low and transparent price.

Contabo Object Storage offers all typical features of a S3-compatible object-based storage while providing 100% predictability and cost control. There’s just one all-inclusive rate: $2.99/€2.49 per month for each slice of 250 GB with unlimited traffic, no hidden fees for number of objects, metadata or data retrievals as well as no long-term commitments. If you expect your data to grow, you can also allow auto-scaling while setting a cap to keep cost under control.

“Predicting your next storage bill should not require PhD in mathematics” says Thomas Noglik, CEO of Contabo. “That’s why we are introducing object storage which is not only S3-compatible, but also priced in a way that even my 5-year-old son can understand. And did I mention that it comes at price level Contabo is famous for?”

The new product follows the approach known from Contabo compute products, which are radically cheaper than leading competitors’ products. The company wants to show that it’s possible to half the price of cloud storage without tradeoffs in quality or functionality.

Contabo Object Storage can be used independently from other Contabo products. Object Storage is initially available in Europe, with US and Asia coming up in the next 30 days. It can be managed both via web interface and S3-compatiblae API.

“I tried Contabo Object Storage in early access. It’s S3 compatible so adjusting our code and moving data was super easy. Now I can finally predict what am I going to pay and I like the new amount!” says Pratik Kumar, member of Contabo Customer Council.

To start with Contabo Object Storage, go to https://contabo.com/en/object-storage/.

There is also a 20% off launch promotion for limited time only.

Thanked by 3lentro mrTom azeem

Comments

• ehabehab Member

wow , contabo is here, interesting.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited March 2022

Mbps Speed?
    Also, is the 20% off price recurring even If it's per month instead of per year?

• @ehab said:

sir! what are u listening to right now?

• ehabehab Member

@hyperblast said:

@ehab said:

sir! what are u listening to right now?

Thanked by 2hyperblast nyamenk
  • pbxpbx Member

Interesting. On the webpage they compare the pricing with the "big players" and not with their real competitors. Scaleway has similar pricing for 250GB and is cheaper for lower use thanks to the fact that the first 75GBs are free + you only pay for what you use. It seems to me that their setup is pretty good for the "standard" and "glacier" classes, but maybe Contabo's setup is as solid. @contabo_m is redundancy within the same DC?

• @contabo_m Do you have ETA when it comes to Singapore?

• contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider

@Dazzle said:
    @contabo_m Do you have ETA when it comes to Singapore?

Not yet, most likely in about 30 days, but that is only the current estimation.

• contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider

@pbx said:
    @contabo_m is redundancy within the same DC?

Yes

Thanked by 1pbx
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@Arkas said:
    Mbps Speed?

I was able to get 6.5gbps on a single object (A bunch of connections obviously).

However, it seems like @contabo_m hard-limits a bucket to 250 request per second for requesting objects. That can in many cases be a limiting factor if someone pushes a bit of traffic.

Thanked by 4Arkas bulbasaur devp bark
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Zerpy said: I was able to get 6.5gbps on a single object (A bunch of connections obviously).

Thanks for the info

• Scaleway is perfect considering it has server in nuclear shelter. Its cheap too. 1TB would cost 10 Euros approx. Contabo has slight advantage in pricing though as its 10$ for the same storage.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • ErisaErisa Member
    edited March 2022

Ordered to test, got to the control panel but no buckets appear and trying to create one throws

Internal Server Error, retry or contact support
    Request ID: 78e16889-5f3f-479d-805f-cc3769a9b926

• @contabo_m do I have to buy object storage in 250GB chunks, or is the 250GB minimum usage, and I can just pay overage for extra storage?
    And will the 250 rps limit mentioned above be lifted any time?

• GhtGht Member

@contabo_m - Please offer some real DDoS Protection because you lack so much in security. Otherwise you are the best for prices & specs you'f offering.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

250GB object storage is $30/year.
    I have 250GB HDD VPS for $15/year and 450GB seedbox for €18/year.

Thanked by 2JasonM nyamenk
  • umzakumzak Member

I've tried it, this is an example of the link

https://eu2.contabostorage.com/82499a19ace34729822a5c9f251bc32e:let01/Thunderbird-Setup-91.5.1.bin

however, there is 1 feature that i need but not available, that is, different access key for different buckets, like i got on dreamhost dreamobjects.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @Erisa said:
    Ordered to test, got to the control panel but no buckets appear and trying to create one throws

Also ordered to test but can't create a bucket.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • umzakumzak Member

@JetF0x said:

@Erisa said:

I also had a problem when I ordered the first time, then I sent an email to support, and after about 6 hours, I got a reply like this

Thank you very much for your message.

We have performed some adjustments from our side and you should be now able to use the object storage without any further restrictions.

Thanked by 2Erisa bark
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Ght said:
    @contabo_m - Please offer some real DDoS Protection because you lack so much in security. Otherwise you are the best for prices & specs you'f offering.

Nullrouting is very effective

• ErisaErisa Member

@umzak said:

@JetF0x said:

@Erisa said:

I also had a problem when I ordered the first time, then I sent an email to support, and after about 6 hours, I got a reply like this

Thank you very much for your message.

We have performed some adjustments from our side and you should be now able to use the object storage without any further restrictions.

Thanks, sent an email to support.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited March 2022

@contabo_m what subset of the S3 API is supported? I’m interested in the ability to run SQL queries and uploading objects with PostObject.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited March 2022

@sanvit said: do I have to buy object storage in 250GB chunks

I've same question. What if I need 270GB storage? OR I've to purchase another 250GB slot if my usage goes above 250GB?

pricing seems okay like a vps storage box. I'll try the service.

racknerd-promo cpanel shared reseller vps hosting lowendtalk godaddy

• umzakumzak Member

@JasonM said:

I've same question. What if I need 270GB storage? OR I've to purchase another 250GB slot if my usage goes above 250GB?

racknerd-promo

we can add more GB, increment of 250Gb :

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • LisoLiso Member

@umzak said:

@JasonM said:

racknerd-promo

I'm confused difference between 1.99 and 2.49 ?

• umzakumzak Member

@Liso said:

@umzak said:

@JasonM said:

racknerd-promo

1.99 euro = 2.17 usd, I also don't know why paying using euros can get a cheaper price :D

• @umzak said:

@Liso said:

@umzak said:

@JasonM said:

racknerd-promo

1.99 euro = 2.17 usd, I also don't know why paying using euros can get a cheaper price :D

Likely because their main currency is Euros but when they receive USD they need to convert it and that means conversion fees.

Thanked by 2vyas11 vimalware
  • LisoLiso Member

@umzak said:

@Liso said:

@umzak said:

@JasonM said:

racknerd-promo

Ohh dammit I didn't see the euros sign :neutral:, I thought those were two difference package.

• AstroAstro Member

And here i have a servarica storage box with 2TB for $49 a year and just threw minion on there.

• Payment required
    Request ID: 3c13183e-b0c0-438d-9ef7-461312e020a9

• @pbx said: On the webpage they compare the pricing with the "big players" and not with their real competitors. Scaleway has similar pricing for 250GB and is cheaper for lower use

That's how every people do...

Thanked by 2xiaowen pbx
This discussion has been closed.