Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you have Russian based services - it's time to move
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

If you have Russian based services - it's time to move

Russia (quickly) becomes a hostile anti-freedom entity,
an enemy of the world. Not trying to take any side here,
but one thing is clear. Any Russian services/providers now
are going to be under huge pressure. That means you, as
a customer, might be a target and they will have to comply.

McDonald's never closed it's restaurants around the world
before...today. That's a sign how oppressive a country could
become in just 2 weeks.

Better to take a quick action rather than to be sorry after.
I call anyone who has critical presence in Russia to re-base
the activities to a saner place.

A cheap idle 2$/mo VPS doesn't count, you can keep it :smile:

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Russia (quickly) becomes a hostile anti-freedom entity, an enemy of the world. Not trying to take any side here,

Want to try that again?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Nigh is a broken jar.

Thanked by 1default
  • @xoctopus said: critical presence in Russia

Why would someone have critical presence there?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@xoctopus said: McDonald's never closed it's restaurants around the world before...today.

Thanked by 1equalz
  • @jar said: Want to try that again?

Want to be a troll?
    Yes, I don't say who is right or wrong in the current war, in
    order to derail this topic. Although it should be pretty obvious.

• @xoctopus said:
    but one thing is clear.

What???? :D

Thanked by 2jar alento

@xoctopus said:

@jar said: Want to try that again?

Want to be a troll?
    Yes, I don't say who is right or wrong in the current war, in
    order to derail this topic. Although it should be pretty obvious.

Lol my bad, didn't realize you weren't mentally fit to talk to. Have a cookie sweetheart.

Chocolate is better and vanilla is shit. I'm not taking sides though.

• EnvidaEnvida Member
    edited March 2022

@xoctopus said:

become in just 2 weeks.

My local Maccy Ds closed down. There was talk locally that it was because of the amount of people high on spice that hung around outside made it look like something from the walking dead. However, the council were a bit oppressive, particularly on what you could put in which bin and where they would allow all those nasty mobile masts to be put up. Plus, they did merge with the neighbouring town, much to their disgust (they were posh, we weren’t). When I say merge, it was more like an invasion because our mayor got to be mayor of the other town as well, their council offices closed down and they were forced to pay council tax to us.

Perhaps Mc Ds were having a practice run

• @emperor said: I guess you need to re-read the rules in case you had forgotten them.

Would those rules apply in case we had such community 80 years ago?
    Just asking.

Who do we think is this guy's banned account?

• @xoctopus said: Would those rules apply in case we had such community 80 years ago?

80 years ago ppl wouldn't dare not following rules.. just sayin..

• EnvidaEnvida Member
    edited March 2022

@xoctopus said:

@emperor said: I guess you need to re-read the rules in case you had forgotten them.

Would those rules apply in case we had such community 80 years ago?
    Just asking.

Ah yes. Ye olde LET community sent forum posts by morse code and telegrams (not the app) that were then written out by Mavis at the post office and pinned on a notice board for everyone to read.

Yes. Mavis would have still had rules.

• @xoctopus said:
    but one thing is clear. Any Russian services/providers now
    are going to be under huge pressure. That means you, as
    a customer, might be a target and they will have to comply.

become in just 2 weeks.

Better to take a quick action rather than to be sorry after.
    I call anyone who has critical presence in Russia to re-base
    the activities to a saner place.

A cheap idle 2$/mo VPS doesn't count, you can keep it :smile:

Thank you for your enlightening words. This is what everyone here has been waiting for. Hallelujah

• In a way, this is true. Now, service providers from Russia may have problems paying their foreign intermediaries, and they may also have problems getting money from customers.

In addition, many people are starting to block entire classes of Russian IP addresses (because in recent days most has been used for ddos).

Finally, it is worth remembering that the law in Russia says that if someone from the police asks for access to the server, you must grant it (i had such a situation myself, vpn server).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

No, I want to keep my low latency to Asia.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I feel like the bigger issue is for Russian users who keep getting blacklisted everywhere without having done anything. Companies just pre-emptively booting everyone with a Russian billing address without any mandate to impose sanctions.

@Harambe said:
    I feel like the bigger issue is for Russian users who keep getting blacklisted everywhere without having done anything. Companies just pre-emptively booting everyone with a Russian billing address without any mandate to impose sanctions.

Which funny enough isn't that new. When they went after telegram they blocked half of the internet from the opposite side.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2022

This thread is about Russia? Is about customers of Russia? About hosting companies in Russia? About McDonalds? About Big Mac and Coke menu?

This is all so confusing! Is the end nigh? And is such end delivered in a jar?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2022

Anyone that supports putin at this point might as well go to ukraine and murder a few kids like your president tells you to do lol.

The next part of this morbid joke is ommited cause some people might get offended about what usually happens next to such people.. But it starts with a bang and ends into thump.

• @jar said:
    Chocolate is better and vanilla is shit. I'm not taking sides though.

But that's a fact, not just an opinion.

Thanked by 1jar
  • anyone used ruvps?

edited March 2022

@stefeman said:
    Anyone that supports putin at this point might as well go to ukraine and murder a few kids like your president tells you to do lol.

The next part of this morbid joke is ommited cause some people might get offended about what usually happens next to such people.. But it starts with a bang and ends into thump.

Christ. I don't know who's propaganda is right but I now know you're violently fond of the one you picked. I'd be scared to fall asleep near you after that comment unless we both liked the same news station.

Russia lies. Ukraine lies. America lies. Everybody lies. Everyone is just waving the flag of whoever most confirms their existing biases. Governments aren't worth dying for.

And move your content out of Russia for international uptime.

Thanked by 2hostdare bulbasaur
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@default said: This is all so confusing! Is the end nigh? And is such end delivered in a jar?

This thread has enough materials to get derailed

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @hostdare said:

@default said: This is all so confusing! Is the end nigh? And is such end delivered in a jar?

This thread has enough materials to get derailed

Derailed to what? Where will it go? There are so many possibilities, which makes it all even more confusing to me, therefore raising the question: towards where is the end? Maybe @deank can answer this one.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2022

I've been summoned.

The end is vodka.

P.S. Speaking of vodka, LCBO (Government-run liquor stores in Canada) banned vodka. lol

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@xoctopus said:
    become in just 2 weeks.

No, that's simply a consequence of the anti-Russia hype which pretty much forces major western corporations, especially those selling directly to people (rather than companies), to pathetically virtue signal.

My couple of systems in Russia still work fine and are reachable without problems - and I'll keep them, period.

• Nice piece of propaganda. Shown about what shit minds can do on resist.

For wild west is time to move, because they cannot pay or extend their service in Russia. Thanks to them.