Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keepsolid VPN Unlimited 6 months free - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Keepsolid VPN Unlimited 6 months free

2»

Comments

• @Iamfromaustria said:
    Testing keepsolid ...
    Had mullvad up to now (really great) and am currently testing keepsolid. My problem is - I create 5 wireguard configurations in the configurator, but only one works - tested several times - with the wirguard app in windows or also in the pfsense? ( now I'm confused )

Keepsolid changed the rules and only one wireguard configuration per account can be active!

• @oriend said:
    Anybody else getting server maintenance error when trying to login on id.keepsolid.com?

For me, I can login without problems.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Hotmarer said:

@oriend said:
    Anybody else getting server maintenance error when trying to login on id.keepsolid.com?

For me, I can login without problems.

Same here.

• Yeah, now works for me too.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • edited March 2022

@Iamfromaustria said:
    Thanks Ympker - with the windows client from Keepsolid its work - but manual config ( only the first generated conf work ) with wireguard software it does#t work. thanks for help - i will contact the support.

iirc you can only have one active WireGuard config at at a time (the latest one).

I also remember reading about the configs expiring 7 days after your last login, but I can't seem to find a source.

Edit: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/173624/keepsolid-vpn-only-some-wireguard-configuration-files-work

Thanked by 2Ympker Ironia
  • edited March 2022

Hi thanks for your answers , in wireguard app only one is active ( sure ) ; I want to use it in pfsense or opnsense but the problem is the fixed port 51820 ( not changeable ) and I cant route 2 different gateways. But I have it for one year free - for this price its ok . ( but the config manager is bad )
    If it is true that the configs expiring 7 days after last login ( then i will forget it ) - mullvad is lightyears better........

• @Iamfromaustria said:
    Hi thanks for your answers , in wireguard app only one is active ( sure ) ; I want to use it in pfsense or opnsense but the problem is the fixed port 51820 ( not changeable ) and I cant route 2 different gateways. But I have it for one year free - for this price its ok . ( but the config manager is bad )
    If it is true that the configs expiring 7 days after last login ( then i will forget it ) - mullvad is lightyears better........

Maybe you can use a different protocol. My logins via L2TP have been successful without me changing anything ever since I started using it. I have gone multiple weeks without logging in via that protocol too.

• @CyberneticTitan said:

@Iamfromaustria said:

Maybe you can use a different protocol. My logins via L2TP have been successful without me changing anything ever since I started using it. I have gone multiple weeks without logging in via that protocol too.

OpenVPN also works without a problem. I have a config file I generated years ago and it's still working :D

• ChuckChuck Member

Just found out, need android 8 or above to use kill switch.

They couldn't make kill switch for android 6? Fire TV stick (2016) is useless now.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2022

@Chuck said:
    Just found out, need android 8 or above to use kill switch.

They couldn't make kill switch for android 6? Fire TV stick (2016) is useless now.

You could always get a small GLinet portable router for like 30€ and setup VPN with killswitch on there, then connect FireTV to that one :)
    It's a good investment and you can always take it with you on travels. Or get a new FireTV stick with a more recent OS. They are on sale every month, it seems.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Guess I am too late. I have a couple of friends who would have loved to try it out for 6 months. I have the lifetime package which I got thanks to @Ympker Great product!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Arkas said:
    Guess I am too late. I have a couple of friends who would have loved to try it out for 6 months. I have the lifetime package which I got thanks to @Ympker Great product!

Don't worry too much. I am sure a 6-12 month trial will (soon) appear again :)

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @Hotmarer said:
    With code StopRussianAggression 12 months free!

Just a heads up. The above voucher code applied on non Ukraine accounts are now being revoked. For checking if the voucher has been deactivated login to keepsolid user office and check purchase history. The corresponding line would be highlighted in red if the voucher is revoked.

• ChuckChuck Member

Can someone confirm it?

• iNanjaiNanja Member
    edited April 2022

@Chuck said:
    Can someone confirm it?

I have not had my 6 month coupon + 12 month coupon revoked.

If you are asking if code still works, it does not.

• I don’t see a place to redeem the coupon? Am I going blind

• @allthemtings said:
    I don’t see a place to redeem the coupon? Am I going blind

At https://my.keepsolid.com/account/ click the redeem button top right.

I don't think these coupons work anymore, I just tried on another account.

• @iNanja said:

@allthemtings said:

Yeah doesn’t seem to work for me

• @allthemtings said:

@iNanja said:

@allthemtings said:

Yeah doesn’t seem to work for me

The coupon has long expired iirc.

• TeoMTeoM Member

Anyone here with expired Coupon from Ukraine ? I activated it and now it's expired ?

• @TeoM said:
    Anyone here with expired Coupon from Ukraine ? I activated it and now it's expired ?

KeepSolid revoked the coupon on accounts that were not Ukrainian. According to the promotion, only the Ukrainians could benefit from that copon.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@TeoM said:

If you’re Ukrainian, contact support. If you’re not Ukrainian, that’s what you get for being an prick.

• Claims to be a privacy-focused service provider
    • Offers no anonymous payment option, uses BitPay which is the worst fucking "cryptocurrency" company ever that requires full KYC verification to pay even one dollar
    • Uses Google ReCAPTCHA and Google Analytics

Guys, nobody is actually falling for this, right?

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @dane_doherty said:

• Offers no anonymous payment option, uses BitPay which is the worst fucking "cryptocurrency" company ever that requires full KYC verification to pay even one dollar

You're not that stupid to think that Keepsolid is private, are you? It is VPN to buy cheap games in Argentina or unblock a website from the USA while being in the EU. It is not for typically private things. Same as NordVPN.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • dane_dohertydane_doherty Member
    edited April 2022

@Hotmarer said:

@dane_doherty said:

You're not that stupid to think that Keepsolid is private, are you? It is VPN to buy cheap games in Argentina or unblock a website from the USA while being in the EU. It is not for typically private things. Same as NordVPN.

Literally half of points in "Our Benefits" page are about privacy or security. I'll add deception to the charges.

NordVPN is an amazing tool for private things if you know how to use it properly. With Keepsolid it's downright impossible, because you cannot even obtain it without using real personal details (apart from using stolen CC but that's an overkill and just creates more problems).

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2022

@dane_doherty said:

I believe nobody signs up with them and thinks they will be super private or making him anonymous. I use them for unblocking geo content and streaming and for that it works perfectly fine. It's good for what it is. If you wanna do shady stuff there are other VPNs with more "private" payments (Perfect Privacy, Mullvad, AirVPN, InCloak...). Then again, a VPN doesn't make you anonymous either. It all comes down to your use case and expectations. For around 30$ish I signed up with Keepsolid lifetime back in 2017 when I cancelled my 60$ish NordVPN yearly sub and I haven't looked back.

@dane_doherty said:

@Hotmarer said:

@dane_doherty said:

Literally half of points in "Our Benefits" page are about privacy or security. I'll add deception to the charges.

NordVPN is an amazing tool for private things if you know how to use it properly. With Keepsolid it's downright impossible, because you cannot even obtain it without using real personal details (apart from using stolen CC but that's an overkill and just creates more problems).

You don't like them. Noted. Now, can you move on and just pick a different service? Believe it or not, there's actually many people in the LE community that signed up with Keepsolid and seem to be happy. I hope you find what you're looking for, too.

• dane_dohertydane_doherty Member
    edited April 2022

@Ympker said: You don't like them. Noted. Now, can you move on and just pick a different service? Believe it or not, there's actually many people in the LE community that signed up with Keepsolid and seem to be happy. I hope you find what you're looking for, too.

It all boils down to marketing. If they marketed themselves as "use our VPN for cheap shit and Netflix" then I wouldn't care, but they explicitly claim you're super duper anonymous if you use their service and I have the full right to question the veracity of that.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2022

@dane_doherty said:

@Ympker said: You don't like them. Noted. Now, can you move on and just pick a different service? Believe it or not, there's actually many people in the LE community that signed up with Keepsolid and seem to be happy. I hope you find what you're looking for, too.

It all boils down to marketing. If they marketed themselves as "use our VPN for cheap shit and Netflix" then I wouldn't care, but they explicitly claim you're super duper anonymous if you use their service and I have the full right to question the veracity of that.

Well, I guess that's how marketing "works" these days. Not limited to the VPN business that is.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • @Ympker said: Well, I guess that's how marketing "works" these days. Not limited to the VPN business that is.

Dishonest, dirty people is what they are.

• hacktekhacktek Member
    edited April 2022

I've was using this as my primary (and really only) provider since several months back, really worked excellently...until it stopped. I had it configured with ProxySwitchyOmega and manually setting it up against their HTTPS proxy (i.e. us-mia15.vpnunlimitedapp.com:3129) but now no matter which server I use I get ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED.

Tried resetting the user/password to the per-device one and no dice.

Got rid of the proxy extension and downloaded the official one and when I click start it spins connecting and then gives up.

Anyone else?

EDIT: lol, as soon as I sent this I figured it out. I basically replaced this with ControlD and forgot to whitelist the domain so it gets bypassed. Carry on.

This VPN provider is really second to none, the price to performance ratio is incredible.

Thanked by 1Ympker