Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many Domains do you have "idle"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many Domains do you have "idle"

We did the how many vps's you have idle, let's take it a step father. (No need to name your domain)

Me:

Thanked by 1sgno1

Comments

• 24 domains, a lot of .xyz

Thanked by 1melp57
  • Got about 70ish domains that are chillin and waiting for that one great billion dollar idea ;-)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• Too many 10+ ish idle doing absolutely nothing

Thanked by 1melp57
  • i've seen many useless threads like this one lately, sad

Thanked by 2devp melp57
  • 10 or so, most are for sale on name cheap in the hope I might make a few dollars

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

I tend to create projects for all my domains, if not expiring within first year. Currently only 1 still not being used..

Thanked by 2devp melp57
  • just checked 25... not so bad, used to be much worst ;D don't be sad @henix sometimes levity is good for the soul...

Thanked by 1melp57
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I got a couple of .info on a sale for $10 per 10 years, but didn't really start using them, and they now only have a couple of years remaining. Pretty obviously turned out that .info is not something I would want to actually use, even for that cheap.

Thanked by 1devp
  • around 10, some still have hope

• @DP tell us?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Had about 24 idle, but gradually beginning to use them

• jonathanjonathan Member, LIR

Like most companies, we use the .com domain to conduct business but reserve about 20+ of the most common TLD's simply to prevent others from registering those domains. They just redirect to the .com.

Thanked by 1devp
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ehab said:
    @DP tell us?

Thanked by 4ehab FAT32 Ganonk sgno1
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    • yoursunny.com , website, not idle
    • yoursunny.cn , previously Chinese version of the website, now merged into .com , idle, plan to drop by the end of this year because .cn domain is more expensive than others
    • yoursunny.dev , main domain idle but subdomains in use
    • ndn.today , home of the push-ups, definitely not idle
    • vds.wiki , idle, will post auction when it has 6 months
    Thanked by 1devp
  • I have 25 domains in total.

3 of them are marked as unused.
    1 of them is a joke domain that exists to annoy people.
    8 or more of them point to the same website. I suppose I am TLD squatting for those.
    The rest are all in active use.

I suppose you could say I have 3 unused domains, but there are indeed a lot that don't need to exist, and are purely to squat a specific word at multiple TLDs.

• hwthwt Member
    edited February 2022

Are handshake domains included? I have registered two of them. Definitely idling given the lack of support for them right now.

For regular domains, I just picked up an .ovh recently since they are cheaper. As of now, it's idling.

So just 1 + 2HS.

• devpdevp Member
    edited February 2022

@yoursunny said: vds.wiki

An awesome domain name.
    Primary info that domain name references is "VDS info for nerds".
    I recommend @yoursunny to use domain name for a "Server Oriented Wiki" listing posts from your professional commited hard work.

References to @yoursunny work presentation at LET Forum:

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I only have 3 active domains. But, tons of subdomains, lol. All for docker instances. Had a lot of idle domains in the past, so I convince myself to buy for what I only need.

• @BetaMaster said: I only have 3 active domains. But, tons of subdomains, lol. All for docker instances. Had a lot of idle domains in the past, so I convince myself to buy for what I only need.

Prefer to use a path router ( redirect may work as well ) to access docker instances rather than pointing to each docker through subdomain.

• @devp said:

@BetaMaster said: I only have 3 active domains. But, tons of subdomains, lol. All for docker instances. Had a lot of idle domains in the past, so I convince myself to buy for what I only need.

Prefer to use a path router ( redirect may work as well ) to access docker instances rather than pointing to each docker through subdomain.

Never did that before. How to do that? Until now, I only use swag or nginx proxy manager for reverse proxy.

• @BetaMaster said: How to do that?

Thats Proxy and Redirect.

@BetaMaster said: Until now, I only use swag or nginx proxy manager for reverse proxy.

You are already using Proxy.

• @henix said:
    i've seen many useless threads like this one lately, sad

So why waste your time commenting?

• emgemg Veteran
    edited February 2022

I sold three unused domains last year and have two that I have not sold yet.

The three domains that I sold here did not bid up to my value expectations, but they were my first domain selling experiences. I wonder whether it was my choice of selling venue (here at LowEndTalk) or unreasonable expectations of the value of the domains. It was probably a combination of both.

I am trying to decide how to deal with the two domains that remain. I believe that one of them has significant value for a VPS provider, but am not sure how best (or where) to monetize it.

• 20+ and still buying more whenever I felt nice.

Thanked by 1devp
  • 3 domains..

Thanked by 1devp

Thanked by 1devp
  • smeta.fit elex.work cird.top marked as unused.

• elliotcelliotc Member
    edited February 2022

20?30? idk... As my income rises, so does the number of domains I have

Thanked by 1devp
  • just one for now :)