Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SPRING SALE - KVM 2 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 30 GB SSD 39€ / Year - Storage KVM Announcement - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SPRING SALE - KVM 2 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 30 GB SSD 39€ / Year - Storage KVM Announcement

2»

Comments

• @fbmy said:

that's not fair. Customers will assume that you will get an additional 19% profit from each sale from non-EU people, and they will think hard to buy.

100%.

@sthosting whenever an EU company tries to bill me VAT for something, I assume that they are incompetent and do not know how to do proper billing and I don't do business with them. If you want to charge me tax you register for Australian GST here show your GST registration on the website and charge the correct 10%.

What you're doing FWIW in Australia would be illegal. Under the ACL consumers are entitled to purchase a product or service for the lowest advertised price. If the advertised price is say $100 (including GST) then an overseas consumer is entitled to pay $90-Ex GST and GST/VAT may apply in their own country. Just looking at your website I would think that you have fallen afoul of unfair pricing as described here:

"Throughout the EU, sellers must indicate product prices clearly enough for you to easily compare similar products and make informed choices – no matter how they're packaged or how many units are sold together.

"Companies are legally obliged to be completely clear about the price you'll have to pay when they advertise or sell something to you."

The advertised price is not clear to a non-EU buyer, I would suggest you update your website to make it clear. But be aware that doing that will not guarantee you are complying with the ACL or even the EU's regulations, that would only satisfy the above directive. But again I come back to the point that it would be illegal for an Australian company to price discriminate like that, so even if it's all above board on your end it doesn't make your company look good when you engage in pricing practises that are banned elsewhere.

Thanked by 2fbmy sthosting
  • its a pity for those residing outside of EU, nevertheless good product.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • Most big providers use 19% taxrate.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • As a new customer and as a European one (Finland), I have to say that I am surprised by this pricing method... I think it's not right. The VAT is a tax specific to European customers. The actual price is what we pay without the VAT, so I don't see why non European customers should pay a higher price. The only difference this way is that you, the provider, cash in more with non European customers rather than making the price "fair " for everyone, which is not the case IMO. Still happy with the server though :D

Thanked by 3pouyam fbmy sthosting
  • Nice to see Storage servers with more than 1 or 2GB of ram. You can actually run a few apps on there to help manage the backups.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • so where is the "39€ per year"

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@Aractus said:

@fbmy said:

that's not fair. Customers will assume that you will get an additional 19% profit from each sale from non-EU people, and they will think hard to buy.

100%.

@sthosting whenever an EU company tries to bill me VAT for something, I assume that they are incompetent and do not know how to do proper billing and I don't do business with them. If you want to charge me tax you register for Australian GST here show your GST registration on the website and charge the correct 10%.

What you're doing FWIW in Australia would be illegal. Under the ACL consumers are entitled to purchase a product or service for the lowest advertised price. If the advertised price is say $100 (including GST) then an overseas consumer is entitled to pay $90-Ex GST and GST/VAT may apply in their own country. Just looking at your website I would think that you have fallen afoul of unfair pricing as described here:

"Throughout the EU, sellers must indicate product prices clearly enough for you to easily compare similar products and make informed choices – no matter how they're packaged or how many units are sold together.

"Companies are legally obliged to be completely clear about the price you'll have to pay when they advertise or sell something to you."

The advertised price is not clear to a non-EU buyer, I would suggest you update your website to make it clear. But be aware that doing that will not guarantee you are complying with the ACL or even the EU's regulations, that would only satisfy the above directive. But again I come back to the point that it would be illegal for an Australian company to price discriminate like that, so even if it's all above board on your end it doesn't make your company look good when you engage in pricing practises that are banned elsewhere.

@cybertech said:
    its a pity for those residing outside of EU, nevertheless good product.

I appreciate your feedback! Thank you very much for it! I will discuss the pricing situation with my Team again. I thought that this solution would be the fairest from all.

@vitobotta said:
    As a new customer and as a European one (Finland), I have to say that I am surprised by this pricing method... I think it's not right. The VAT is a tax specific to European customers. The actual price is what we pay without the VAT, so I don't see why non European customers should pay a higher price. The only difference this way is that you, the provider, cash in more with non European customers rather than making the price "fair " for everyone, which is not the case IMO. Still happy with the server though :D

That shouldn't have been.. Could you please open a ticket on our customer center, so then I will check this.

@scooke said:
    Nice to see Storage servers with more than 1 or 2GB of ram. You can actually run a few apps on there to help manage the backups.

Thank you for your Feedback :)

@louiejordan said:
    so where is the "39€ per year"

It's directly on the front page :) https://signaltransmitter.de/en/

• Like the look of the 39EUR offer.

@sthosting said: I will discuss the pricing situation with my Team again

Pricing is one thing, but billing - include VAT/GST is another and something you should ask your accountant to advise you on (if they can't help, it might be a sign you need a better accountant).

@craigb said:
    Like the look of the 39EUR offer.

@sthosting said: I will discuss the pricing situation with my Team again

Pricing is one thing, but billing - include VAT/GST is another and something you should ask your accountant to advise you on (if they can't help, it might be a sign you need a better accountant).

The Billing is always correct :) - We don't print tax on the non-EU invoices :) We got a good accountant for that :D

BTW. We also got a few new dedicated Servers available:
    https://signaltransmitter.de/en/server/rent-a-dedicated-server

• @sthosting said:
    BTW. We also got a few new dedicated Servers available:
    https://signaltransmitter.de/en/server/rent-a-dedicated-server

The dedis also look interesting. What is the difference between the first two in the list? They look the same?

edited February 2022

The CPUs :) the first two got Ryzen 5600G CPUs and the second one i7-6700k ;)

• @sthosting said:
    The CPUs :) the first two got Ryzen 5600G CPUs and the second one i7-6700k ;)

Yes but root22 and root23 seem identical right? What's the difference between those two?

Exactly, they're 100% identical.

• @sthosting said:
    Exactly, they're 100% identical.

Ok… I was confused to see the same server listed twice

• why my storage vps only has 200Mbit/s network connection ?

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-02-18                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue Feb 22 01:24:36 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2099.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 484.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 11.21 MB/s    (2.8k) | 129.12 MB/s   (2.0k)
    Write      | 11.21 MB/s    (2.8k) | 129.80 MB/s   (2.0k)
    Total      | 22.43 MB/s    (5.6k) | 258.92 MB/s   (4.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 322.01 MB/s    (628) | 370.08 MB/s    (361)
    Write      | 339.12 MB/s    (662) | 394.73 MB/s    (385)
    Total      | 661.14 MB/s   (1.2k) | 764.82 MB/s    (746)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 202 Mbits/sec   | 200 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 202 Mbits/sec   | 200 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 202 Mbits/sec   | 200 Mbits/sec  
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | busy            | busy           
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 192 Mbits/sec   | 195 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 183 Mbits/sec   | 192 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 180 Mbits/sec   | 189 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 164 Mbits/sec   | 182 Mbits/sec  

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 200 Mbits/sec   | 198 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 199 Mbits/sec   | busy           
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 200 Mbits/sec   | 198 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 190 Mbits/sec   | 193 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 181 Mbits/sec   | 184 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 562                           
    Multi Core      | 1075                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12927806

@ooowwww said:
    why my storage vps only has 200Mbit/s network connection ?

|                      |                     

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 562                           
    Multi Core      | 1075                          

As I said in a threat earlier, all of our servers have a connection limit per default to 250 MBits. You can ask our support anytime to increase that limit, that absolutely no problem. For the most customers it’s enough bandwith :)

• @sthosting said:

@ooowwww said:
    why my storage vps only has 200Mbit/s network connection ?

|                      |                     

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 562                           
    Multi Core      | 1075                          

As I said in a threat earlier, all of our servers have a connection limit per default to 250 MBits. You can ask our support anytime to increase that limit, that absolutely no problem. For the most customers it’s enough bandwith :)

well , maybe you should not use a 1g yabs result to show , this is kinda confusing

• Do you allow combining resources of 2x "Spring special 2022" into one?

Yep, just ask our support via ticket ;) @elixir