Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup RS 2000 G9 WSV22 - 16GB Ram for €11,20 month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup RS 2000 G9 WSV22 - 16GB Ram for €11,20 month

2»

Comments

• Looking at the (mostly german) customer forum it seems like the issue pops up every now and then again - maybe once every second hardware generation would be my guess.

• @darkimmortal said:

@airmass1 said:

@darkimmortal said:
    However the deal breaker for me was that they freeze intermittently (twice a day or so) for up to 30 seconds or so. Sometimes it is so bad that you get an NMI hang report in dmesg. So they are not suitable for anything realtime or anything that needs perfect uptime

Very ood. Once or two I could understand if they have to migrate the virtual machines around for some reason.
    But daily for presumably a long time frame sounds very strange.

I don't think I ever experienced anything like that with the instance I have with them -
    dmesg looks clean too.
    But maybe have to pay some more attention to it to encounter it.

I got it on both my instances (different nodes), had to give up on using them in production. I've never seen anything like it on any VPS before. No sign of any issue in collectd or uptime monitoring, just my application temporarily freezing roughly twice daily and the strange NMI hang messages about once a month

This sounds like the VM is migrated to another host. I know this message from hetzner but there it's normally supressed by their custom sysctl values ;-)