Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pCloud Lifetime on sale again - 122€ for 500GB, 245€ for 2TB - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pCloud Lifetime on sale again - 122€ for 500GB, 245€ for 2TB

2»

Comments

• @Ympker But on the other hand, if if Mega.nz had any lifetime deal, I would snag it right away haha. > @Fritz said:

Hi @Erisa @ooowwww

PM'ed.

Not sharing here because honoring the OP, don't want to hijack his thread.

Can you PM me too with the link? Thank you.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:
    Seems like pCloud lifetime storage is on sale again. Technically, there is almost always some kind of sale going on, but I believe the offer which is on right now equals the one from BF, so may be worth sharing? ;)

Is anyone using them? I have got Koofr so far, but thought about jumping on pCloud at some point, too. As kind of an additional backup kinda thing. @vyas11 have you been using them?
    https://www.pcloud.com/Valentine2022?channelid=979&label=ValentinesDayPM2022

So did you pull the trigger yet?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited February 2022

I'm using pcloud for mirroring encrypted Borgbackup backups via rclone sync and it's been working pretty well. I've got a 4TB account with them. My backups first go to a storage VPS, then the entire backup directory on the storage VPS is rclone synced to pcloud, so that I have two 'offsite' copies of backups across two providers.

You can choose whether to have your account based in the USA or in Europe. I'm in the US and I get MUCH faster speeds than Koofr as a result. Koofr use Hetzner and their connection to me (and my VPSes) in the USA isn't very good.

Thanked by 2Ympker xetsys
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2022

@GreenPeace said:

@Ympker said:
    Seems like pCloud lifetime storage is on sale again. Technically, there is almost always some kind of sale going on, but I believe the offer which is on right now equals the one from BF, so may be worth sharing? ;)

Is anyone using them? I have got Koofr so far, but thought about jumping on pCloud at some point, too. As kind of an additional backup kinda thing. @vyas11 have you been using them?

Yup, I signed up with them for the cheaper plan as I have Koofr as a backup for larger files. pCloud is kinda more for replacing GDrive for me but without a 15GB storage limit and as an extra backup location for important files. They've been around enough give them a try. However, I'll also give Allsync, Filen and other options a try. The first impression was mixed since I really loved the web dashboard and the UI as well as the features, but upload was really low 800 kbps - 1,5 Mbits at max with the 12 Mbits I measured on fast.com (normally I even habe more upload 20-40 Mbits). I blamed it on pCloud but since I copied all my local GDrive files (which are a lot) I found Reddit posts that speed appears to be low like this because lots of small files are copied. When I tried uploading a 10GB large file via web gui it was 800 kbps still, though. Contacted them. Also I first wanted to use their "backup" feature in the web gui to backup gdrive to pcloud but it got stuck for hours (probably still is) which is why I chose to copy my local gdrive folder into my local pCloud sync folder on my PC and back it up that way. I can imagine the speeds are low due to the new user influx, but let's see.

@vyas11 said he experienced faster speeds and the pCloud website speedtest tells me my ISP might be throtteling me, however it also measures 12 Mbits upload even when possibly throttled, then proceeds to give me a whopping 800 kbits lol. I don't think it's throttled really, either. That's because Koofr upload via client and webgui is fast as always.

• Hi, alright.

I got many DM asking for the provider.

Since many of you are curious, I'll tell you.
    It is ALLSYNC.

I got the recommendation from here as well.

Use it at your own risk guys.

• @Ympker said:

@GreenPeace said:

@Ympker said:

Yup, I signed up with them for the cheaper plan as I have Koofr as a backup for larger files. pCloud is kinda more for replacing GDrive for me but without a 15GB storage limit and as an extra backup location for important files. They've been around enough give them a try. However, I'll also give Allsync, Filen and other options a try. The first impression was mixed since I really loved the web dashboard and the UI as well as the features, but upload was really low 800 kbps - 1,5 Mbits at max with the 12 Mbits I measured on fast.com (normally I even habe more upload 20-40 Mbits). I blamed it on pCloud but since I copied all my local GDrive files (which are a lot) I found Reddit posts that speed appears to be low like this because lots of small files are copied. When I tried uploading a 10GB large file via web gui it was 800 kbps still, though. Contacted them. Also I first wanted to use their "backup" feature in the web gui to backup gdrive to pcloud but it got stuck for hours (probably still is) which is why I chose to copy my local gdrive folder into my local pCloud sync folder on my PC and back it up that way. I can imagine the speeds are low due to the new user influx, but let's see.

@vyas11 said he experienced faster speeds and the pCloud website speedtest tells me my ISP might be throtteling me, however it also measures 12 Mbits upload even when possibly throttled, then proceeds to give me a whopping 800 kbits lol. I don't think it's throttled really, either. That's because Koofr upload via client and webgui is fast as always.

Looks like you had funs past weekend😏

Rclone should also give faster speeds. Or Webdav as we discussed. It’s a matter of trial and error. What about vpn? Does a different location in eu give better speeds?

Now that you have taken the dive, so much more to explore !!

Cheers

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2022

@vyas11 indeed :D I am still very happy that I purchased pCloud and started my migration from GDrive over there. Also started writing a documentation as to note at what stage the migration is at, what has been done, what still needs to be done etc.

When I have to again push many (or big) files, I'll give rclone a try :) So far, web gui and Windows Explorer is just more convenient. I started adding new university documents yesterday and since they were really small, that was easy to drop in.

Since I plan to continue using Google Docs for Uni (also due to Chromebook convenience), after backing up all GDrive files to Koofr, I now go through my two big folders (they make a 95% of the occupied storage) and delete all file extensions (.pdf, .zip ...) that occupy more than 10 MB storage. I delete them by going in the big directory and then scan for *.pdf (for example) as to only delete the files and not the folder structure. That's because the idea is to setup the sync with Aomei that syncs all newly added gdocs/gslides/gsheet files into the respective pCloud folder with the same folder structure. That way I have the whole overview on pCloud and use GDrive only to create and use Google Documents. Since they are really small files the 15GB free storage will be plenty (even if gmail counts to that).

I tried VPN with various vpn providers, locations and protocols. Didn't help anything, unfortunately.

Yes, very excited to explore. The remote upload feature also seems cool :)

• @Astro said:
    I ended up getting filen.io lifetime plans because the service seems very promising.

You can find the lifetime plans here : https://filen.io/pro

And a shameless aff link here: https://filen.io/r/b28d8e3ccb1ff9d46fa2d9e70222c9e7

The whitepaper about the service is here: https://filen.io/assets/FilenSecurityWhitepaper.pdf

The whitepaper about their service is here: https://filen.io/assets/FilenSecurityWhitepaper.pdf

Auto upload and other improvements are on their way in the next update.

I just can't get past the lack of integration possibilities. You need to use their client because of the end-to-end encryption. Would rather do my own encryption and use rclone or cryptomator. :)

• pixluserpixluser Member
    edited February 2022

Got koofr too, and I got a big problem one time : I removed some file onto the webcloud, it removes all my work files on my computer to be in sync! And now this feature don't work anymore like that after the problem I got! :disappointed: Anyway to sync with koofr and rclone a lot of files like was so difficult and took too much time (even with playing with the settings…). Their default software for my mac didn't work for me with a lot of files. Now I got pcloud… and rclone is working very well with my files (with higher settings)… and everything works as expected! I can't say more… I trust pcloud.

Here is the settings that's work well for me for rclone and pcloud:
    rclone sync /Users/xx/folder pcloud:/folder/ --fast-list --transfers=10 --checkers=20

Thanked by 1OpenNet