Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

{help} ISP blocked bandwidth to my servarica server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

{help} ISP blocked bandwidth to my servarica server

Hey guyz,
I have 100 mbps connection & recently my ISP blocked my speed to my server servarica..is there anything I can do?
I am getting full speed by using third party VPN...

if I cant do anything...is there any other provider I can switch to

I am paying servarica $15 for 4tb hdd & 256 gb ssd

Comments

• AndruAndru Member
    edited February 2022

Maybe you can contact your provider to fix this, should be the easy way.

Thanked by 1weir1
  • Thats not a normal response for an ISP. What ISP do you use? Maybe have Servarica reach out to your ISP on your behalf? They may have limited the speed thinking its being used maliciously.

Thanked by 1weir1
  • @hostfactor said:

problem is isp i use dont understand this issue...but nonethless i will contact them

• @jamespeach said:
    Thats not a normal response for an ISP. What ISP do you use? Maybe have Servarica reach out to your ISP on your behalf? They may have limited the speed thinking its being used maliciously.

I am using airtel...its leading fiber broadband india,,I have 100 mbps plan with them

• @weir1 said:

@jamespeach said:
    Thats not a normal response for an ISP. What ISP do you use? Maybe have Servarica reach out to your ISP on your behalf? They may have limited the speed thinking its being used maliciously.

I am using airtel...its leading fiber broadband india,,I have 100 mbps plan with them

Airtel used to always give me super shitty upload speeds

Thanked by 2weir1 yoursunny
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 2022

If this is your ISP limiting your speed on purpose to server/provider X then changing providers will most likely don't help - they don't like you, they think you use too much transfer (or whatever you doing there)... and they will do the same after you migrate the thing you are doing to different host.

If this is "just" a routing issue (could be ISP/provider or even someone between them - Internet is big and messy) then you need to work with ISP and provider and maybe they would route it differently. Show mtr/traceroute - both way - from home to server and from server to home.

Thanked by 1weir1
  • @Astro said:

@weir1 said:

@jamespeach said:

Airtel used to always give me super shitty upload speeds

my upload was fine on servarica getting above 100 mbps...its that just my download speed

& now I have remotely reset my airtel link...I am getting 20+ mbps...its good than previous 1 mbps lol

• I will contact my local provider tomorrow

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@weir1 said:

@hostfactor said:

problem is isp i use dont understand this issue...but nonethless i will contact them

Airtel don't do that, its fairly big ISP to get affected by such issue. They would limit your connection instead of IP range or source. However, I suggest you to first contact serverica and may send them MTR logs running for few minute. Could be routing issue with that particular ISP.

• @JabJab said:
    If this is your ISP limiting your speed on purpose to server/provider X then changing providers will most likely don't help - they don't like you, they think you use too much transfer (or whatever you doing there)... and they will do the same after you migrate the thing you are doing to different host.

If this is "just" a routing issue (could be ISP/provider or even someone between them - Internet is big and messy) then you need to work with ISP and provider and maybe they would route it differently. Show mtr/traceroute - both way - from home to server and from server to home.

Yeah contacting them is my only option..I will contact them tomorrow...just by resetting link increase my bandwidth by 20 times...so contacting technicial is my only hope now

• @Saahib said:

@weir1 said:

@hostfactor said:

Airtel don't do that, its fairly big ISP to get affected by such issue. They would limit your connection instead of IP range or source. However, I suggest you to first contact serverica and may send them MTR logs running for few minute. Could be routing issue with that particular ISP.

I already contacted them & send all things you mentioned...at the end they said to me that its my ISp issue

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2022

That's actually weird. If you don't mind, just wondering what kind of traffic you have that they decided to throttle your connection.

Thanked by 1weir1
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited February 2022

-- Ignore----

• @Saahib said:
    That's actually weird. If you don't mind, just wondering what kind of traffic you have that they decided to throttle your connection.

It's nothing just i was taking my data from server

Though it's in 2 or 3 tb

I also have downloaded many torrents amounting 1 tb

• Wait a minute. Torrenting on Servarica?!

The end is nigh on this one.

• Another important update

By using duckdns i am able to get full speed again via filezilla or idm

I just mask my ip with duckdns

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The hell, torrent in 2022?

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2022

@weir1

• you break the terms of Servarica by torrenting or seedbox.
    • you most likely break the terms of your ISP too with torrenting.
    • you download lots of data from the server, making it a problem for your ISP.

And then... you come complain on LET. Contact your ISP and explain them how you illegally download stuff online, using a seedbox server in Canada, at Servarica. They will understand you.

EDIT: tagging @servarica_hani too - because I talked about them. Maybe they have something to say.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • Looks like servarica built a weir to stop torrents of data B)

• @default said:
    Wait a minute. Torrenting on Servarica?!

The end is nigh on this one.

Haha nah 😂 i was talking about my isp.

I have downloaded it on my machine

• @default said:
    @weir1

• you break the terms of Servarica by torrenting or seedbox.
    • you most likely break the terms of your ISP too with torrenting.
    • you download lots of data from the server, making it a problem for your ISP.

And then... you come complain on LET. Contact your ISP and explain them how you illegally download stuff online, using a seedbox server in Canada, at Servarica. They will understand you.

EDIT: tagging @servarica_hani too - because I talked about them. Maybe they have something to say.

You looked like big troll...no helpful comments just trolling lmfao

• @deank said:
    The hell, torrent in 2022?

The end is nigh.

Yeah I do 😂 so

Do you have any other options

I use torrent on my pc for work related things

• @bdl said:
    Looks like servarica built a weir to stop torrents of data B)

I wish people can read before commenting

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2022

@weir1 said:

You break the rules of your provider @servarica_hani with torrenting, then you break the rules of ISP with large download, and then you come ask for help on LET. And yet... I am the troll. Nice.

There is a saying for customers like you: The end is nigh.

Trying to be helpful again, as previously stated: contact your ISP.

• @default said:

@weir1 said:

You break the rules of your provider @servarica_hani with torrenting, then you break the rules of ISP with large download, and then you come ask for help on LET. And yet... I am the troll. Nice.

There is a saying for customers like you: The end is nigh.

Trying to be helpful again, as previously stated: contact your ISP.

Hmmm maybe you can't read or i don't have good English

Btw problem solved

Yeah, knew OP was a trouble maker just few posts in.

• @deank said:
    Yeah, knew OP was a trouble maker just few posts in.

I knew it too. It seems he/she does not wish to know.

• @weir1 said:
    Btw problem solved

Its always the same pattern. When cornered, they just state "Problem solved" and simply vanish.

• Looks like forum has too many trollers...go on but don't puke here ..i am really interested in other members genuine help/opinion