Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET Provider Poll 2021 - Results - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET Provider Poll 2021 - Results

Comments

• @ask_seek_knock said: No, he didn't. It seems ezeth was fully occupied in the last 12 days.

Anyone who hasn't received the prize or been contacted?

didn't get a message aswell... red flag tbh

green frag for racknerd and webhorizon...

my 2 cents

• @ask_seek_knock said:

@mrTom said:

@PandoGulf said:
    Any one of Boomer.host winners got their prizes yet ?

In his offer thread he says he will send coupons this week.

No, he didn't. It seems ezeth was fully occupied in the last 12 days.

@DeadlyChemist @crabbit @corbpie @niknar1900 @tuc @zeli @ask_seek_knock @dosai @rm_ @yoursunny @natural @nvme @digitalwicked @DogbertPrime @drunkendog @LES @bruh21 @bsh @suut @gowrann

Haven't heard anything either but reading the above posts not sure it's worth the effort.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ask_seek_knock said:

@mrTom said:

@PandoGulf said:

@DeadlyChemist @crabbit @corbpie @niknar1900 @tuc @zeli @ask_seek_knock @dosai @rm_ @yoursunny @natural @nvme @digitalwicked @DogbertPrime @drunkendog @LES @bruh21 @bsh @suut @gowrann

Nope. Looking at his attitude towards freebies, I don't think it is worth giving him our emails :smiley: I mean look at @yoursunny post in other threads, he is so lazy to reset/ recreate his VM.

And then there is this guy who is already worried that for boomer might deadpool some day :joy:

Thanked by 2dosai yoursunny
  • @nvme said:

@ask_seek_knock said:

@mrTom said:

@PandoGulf said:

Nope. Looking at his attitude towards freebies, I don't think it is worth giving him our emails :smiley: I mean look at @yoursunny post in other threads, he is so lazy to reset/ recreate his VM.

And then there is this guy who is already worried that for boomer might deadpool some day :joy:

I think that’s the reason why he doesn’t offer PayPal. Scared of the chargebacks.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • @admins

If @ezeth keeps ignoring this thread I think that's good enough reason to revoke their provider tag at least

• ezethezeth Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2022

@vedran said:
    @admins

If @ezeth keeps ignoring this thread I think that's good enough reason to revoke their provider tag at least

10 x $100 Boomer.host
    50 x 1GB OpenVZ VM

Vouchers has already been sent.

20 x Shared Hosting

is taking longer because I have a backlog of tasks.

I hope you sure didn't win because you're not getting a free vm the way you're acting. I was kind to give away over 1000 USD of hosting already with getting nothing in return. I can't respond to everyone.

@yoursunny said: Even if the prize is delivered, it can stop working at any time.

As to be expected most people here are just taking BS, and lying about things. I sent out a mail before to everyone in clientexec warning them that everyone on 64 IP were migrated to another server.

Of course the server was slow when performing migration as this had the highest priority..

I also took the time to manually suspend abusers for once and if your VM is still offline it's because you were an abuser.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @ezeth said:

@vedran said:
    @admins

10 x $100 Boomer.host
    50 x 1GB OpenVZ VM

20 x Shared Hosting

is taking longer because I have a backlog of tasks.

I hope you sure didn't win because you're not getting a free vm the way you're acting. I was kind to give away over 1000 USD of hosting already with getting nothing in return. I can't respond to everyone.

@yoursunny said: Even if the prize is delivered, it can stop working at any time.

As to be expected most people here are just taking BS, and lying about things. I sent out a mail before to everyone in clientexec warning them that everyone on 64 IP were migrated to another server.

Of course the server was slow when performing migration as this had the highest priority..

I also took the time to manually suspend abusers for once and if your VM is still offline it's because you were an abuser.

i got my vm a week ago. so far so good.

edited February 2022

@yoursunny said: Read the file twice with dd, the first read is much slower than second read.

Is the concept of buff/cache ram new to you?

If you read a file once.. come back in a few months of course the cache would have expired..

You don't know what you're talking about. I don't use swap There's over 200 GB free ram, and a lot more available

[root@admin ~]# free -mh
    total used free buff/cache available
    Mem: 755G 396G 222G 136G 343G

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • GanonkGanonk Member
    edited February 2022

@ezeth said:

@vedran said:

10 x $100 Boomer.host

thanks Sir, my prize has been claimed

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny said: Read the file twice with dd, the first read is much slower than second read.

If you read a file once.. come back in a few months of course the cache would have expired..

You don't know what you're talking about. I don't use swap There's over 200 GB free ram, and a lot more available

[root@admin ~]# free -mh
    total used free buff/cache available
    Mem: 755G 396G 222G 136G 343G

/run/shm is a tmpfs filesystem.
    Files on tmpfs stay in kernel page cache at all times.

The following test is performed on a dedicated server running Ubuntu 18.04 with HWE kernel 5.4.0-97.

1. Drop kernel page cache.
    2. Check buff/cache: 328MB.
    3. Create a 64GB file in /run/shm.
    4. Check buff/cache: 66014MB.
    5. Drop kernel page cache.
    6. Check buff/cache: 66013MB. This suggests the file stays in page cache even if the administrator explicitly clears the cache.
    7. Delete the file.
    8. Check buff/cache: 331MB.
    $ sudo bash -c 'sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches'

$ free -m
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:         257591        1502      255760           2         328      254809
    Swap:          8191           0        8191

$ fallocate -l 64G /run/shm/64G

$ free -m
    Mem:         257591        1500      190076       65538       66014      189200

$ sudo bash -c 'sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches'

$ free -m
    Mem:         257591        1500      190077       65538       66013      189200

$ rm /run/shm/64G

$ free -m
    Mem:         257591        1502      255758           2         331      254808

• edited February 2022

@ezeth said: I was kind to give away over 1000 USD of hosting already with getting nothing in return.

No and yes.
    First, it was LowEndTalk Forum that kindly hosted such a promotion event, while you were here to advertise your bombed products.
    Second, you harvested customer flow and potential income.

Now, do I have to appreciate your kindness and sympathise for the hotchpotch of your management? Well, kind of.

@ezeth said: >>@yoursunny said: Read the file twice with dd, the first read is much >>slower than second read.

Deliberately cutting Sunny's quotation out of context, obfuscating the concept of 'memory hierarchy', and misleading ignorant people.
    What an admirable sophism.
    Just post a result screenshot of your free -m command.

Your arrogance, invasion of privacy, contempt for promised freebies and lax attitude towards English spelling naturally remind me of your nationality: NMSL-ese, or wolf-warrior diplomacy.

Good luck @ezeth .

• i also reveived my boomerhost ovz vps some days ago and it works fine.
    thanks @ezeth ! :)

• edited February 2022

@yoursunny
    Setting up swap areas on servers is personally preferred, because one can never anticipate when "out of memory" will happen.
    I can easily hard reset my desktop when OOM encountered (2 or 3 times a year), but I dare not do this on servers which prioritise stability.
    So it may be a good practice to have a swap, not to mention conventional overselling in low-end products.

But @ezeth 's response seemed there are no swaps and no over-sale at all, which I doubt but have no direct proof.
    I just feel revolting when people or spokesmen employ rhetoric and pretend being innocence. How hard can it be when being honest?

@ask_seek_knock said:
    Setting up swap areas on servers is personally preferred, because one can never anticipate when "out of memory" will happen.
    I can easily hard reset my desktop when OOM encountered (2 or 3 times a year), but I dare not do this on servers which prioritise stability.
    So it may be a good practice to have a swap, not to mention conventional overselling in low-end products.

As you can see, I have 8GB swapfile on a dedicated server with 256GB RAM.
    My program will never use this swap because they only operate in hugepages that are pinned to physical RAM.
    To avoid out of memory errors, I budget the memory carefully and preallocate all memory that my program would ever need.
    However, other programs such as management utilities can use swap.

But @ezeth 's response seemed there are no swaps and no over-sale at all, which I doubt but have no direct proof.

They surely had massive memory overcommit in the past, which needed a RAM upgrade that went wrong.
    My test was after that upgrade.
    I would argue that the slower first read from /run/shm proves that memory overcommit is still happening at the time of the test.

I just feel revolting when people or spokesmen employ rhetoric and pretend being innocence. How hard can it be when being honest?

Alpha Racks lied, they deadpool.
    HostDoc lied, they deadpool.
    HostSolutions lied, they deadpool.
    Boomer Host lied, they …
    It's a pattern for scammers.

edited February 2022

@yoursunny said: which needed a RAM upgrade that went wrong.

false
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=712019

It was this bug that caused it. While I had more than 100GB available RAM, it couldn't free cache by itself. Instead it ran kswapd, and out of memory that ended up hanging the system causing loads of downtime

sudo bash -c 'sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches'
    instantly solved the problem so I ended up crontabing this to run every 10 minutes and the issue was no more. RAM upgrade didn't help. I had 70GB used ram, 200GB cache and 30GB free. kswapd still caused system to freeze when free ram got low. It was a bug

https://askubuntu.com/questions/259739/kswapd0-is-taking-a-lot-of-cpu/736956#736956

I tried removing swap. Setting snappiness to 0, adding 100s of GB of swap nothing worked

only echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches would work.

I believe I still have this issue, but with 768GB ram, it now starts hanging the system around 200GB of ram is free, and 130GB cached.

Adding more ram was a simple work around to the bug

Did I overallocate ram? Yes but not by much. It was set to 20% overallocation, similar to how a KVM host would do it if not less. I can't go above this due to this bug. Even at no overallocation I would still get this issue

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny said: which needed a RAM upgrade that went wrong.

false
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=712019

It was this bug that caused it. While I had more than 100GB available RAM, it couldn't free cache by itself. Instead it ran kswapd, and out of memory that ended up hanging the system causing loads of downtime

sudo bash -c 'sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches'
    instantly solved the problem so I ended up crontabing this to run every 10 minutes and the issue was no more. RAM upgrade didn't help. I had 70GB used ram, 200GB cache and 30GB free. kswapd still caused system to freeze when free ram got low. It was a bug

This bug is about kswapd and your workaround is to drop kernel page caches.
    Neither is relevant to files in /run/shm tmpfs partition because these files are meant/guaranteed to stay in page cache and they can not be evicted even if you drop kernel page caches.

• @ezeth
    I'm one of the winners of hosting plan, I haven't been contacted after 10 days

1. I don't need it
    2. too many red flags

please give the prize to @Ganonk if that's possible, I don't want it

@DeadlyChemist said:
    2. too many red flags

🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩
    Boomer.host logo
    🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

• @DeadlyChemist said:
    @ezeth
    I'm one of the winners of hosting plan, I haven't been contacted after 10 days

1. I don't need it
    2. too many red flags

please give the prize to @Ganonk if that's possible, I don't want it

Ganonk can have mine too lol not sure if he allows transfers

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • @Astro said: Ganonk can have mine too

@DeadlyChemist said: I don't need it

Interesting. I hope this won't develop into a boycott of bombed.host, which drifts from LET's kind intention.

But I'd like to join the crusade against contempt for freebies and intrusion on privacy. I hereby promise the prize shall be donated within 24 hours upon receipt.

• edited February 2022

@yoursunny said: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

Boomer.host logo
    🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

You are naughty. Must you enlarge his avatar? More than one person disgust that picture. Sunny, you made me no choice, here is a beautified version:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @yoursunny said:

@vedran said:

1. PulsedMedia - Dediseedbox F19-MDS-32TB (6C Opteron, 24G RAM, 32T HDD) in Finland for 3 months

Wow, this is awesome!

Unfortunately I would likely just let it idle for 3 months which would be a shame. If you want it PM me by the end of the day (midnight UTC), if more than one person is interested I'll pick one randomly, or based on how much I like you/dislike everyone else :p

Of course if @PulsedMedia agrees

Known 16TB club members:

Since this is 32TB, two of them can share.
    Oh but @PulsedMedia doesn't allowing sharing accounts.

Anyone interested in a three month trial for a 16TB seedbox from PulseMedia? Not going to use my prize.

• @TimboJones said: Anyone interested in a three month trial for a 16TB seedbox from PulseMedia? Not going to use my prize.

I am interested if you'd like

Thanked by 1Astro
  • Highly interested in PulsedMedia. if anybody is not gonna use it, you can let me know.

• ehabehab Member
    edited February 2022

can you please draw me a profile image? doesn't have to be same as what i have now.

would appreciate it. Feel free to use your imagination, just mind that i will publish it so no dick pics.

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • @ehab
    Sorry, but I afraid I can't.
    First, I've zero drawing experience. The only reason I imitated some pictures is to avoid copyright infringement.
    You see my avatar image, right? It's a copy cat of FireFox, which is in copyright by Mozilla.org.
    As for the above mimic of e2eth, that's because his disdain, incompetence, and shamelessness made me uncomfortable.

Second, you could draw anything for fun with a paint snippet. The most important factor, as you've mentioned, is imagination. So why not do it yourself and create a surprising image?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I still have this to give away:
    Boomer.host - 1GB OpenVZ VM for 1 year

Requirements to claim the price:

You must draw whatever you feel like drawing, on paper, and upload a photo here. You can draw a cow, my avatar, your dog, whatever you want. Not a penis. A bit of effort would be nice, but is not required.

First person to upload the photo, gets the VPS.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@DP said:

• nuke: Done ✅
    • vedran add_iT: Done ✅
    • kheng86: Done ✅
    • lentro: Done ✅
    • @Ryuko_Matoi: Pending Response ⏱
    • nuke: Done ✅
    • vedran add_iT: Done ✅
    • kheng86: Done ✅
    • lentro: Done ✅
    • @Ryuko_Matoi: Done ✅
  • @Nyr said:
    I still have this to give away:
    Boomer.host - 1GB OpenVZ VM for 1 year

Requirements to claim the price:

You must draw whatever you feel like drawing, on paper, and upload a photo here. You can draw a cow, my avatar, your dog, whatever you want. Not a penis. A bit of effort would be nice, but is not required.

First person to upload the photo, gets the VPS.

Do you regret it?

Thanked by 3Nyr ehab yoursunny
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@codelock said: Do you regret it?

You got a PM :D

This discussion has been closed.