Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Unmetered with a Powerful CPU - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Unmetered with a Powerful CPU

2»

Comments

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited January 2022

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2619
    2dedi vCores AMD EPYC 7702
    8GB ram
    160GB SSD RAID10
    2.5Gbps bandwidth
    If you use more than 120TB traffic or use more than 1Gbps average for longer period of time then your connection will be limited to 200Mbps

Pre-transcode your videos or do 4 transcodes max and you'll be fine with CPU Power. If you need more then there's 4vCore option for 14euros.

Prices I mentioned are for yearly contract, if you want to go monthly then its +2euro.

Read netcup cancelation policy before you order - you cant just ignore the VPS, you need to cancel it 30 days before next billing period so if you want to have VPS only for 2 month you need to cancel it instantly after delivering.

Thanked by 2Logano dosai
  • @LTniger said:
    Just grab contabo, spin plex and test. You overthinking and overcomplicating things. Do not brag, just do it, like a nike!

He definitely wont be throttled to 25% of CPU performance when transcoding, such things doesnt happen with most precious, elite and premium provider of them all - Contaboo. I think SSDNodes will be even better deal, 48GB ram for $92/yr, that must be so true!! /s

:) :) :) :)

• Unless he planned to share his plex libraries to public (paid subscription) with cloud storage backend.. that why he is unable to control client transcoding behaviour ..

Nope, just really for me and my friends, I have went with a light server that can do a transcode or 2, and letting know my friends know how to change the remote quality is a must, specially if we talking 4k HDR content (gonna hook an auto-kill script for those)

And for people that saw price and got a little bit annoyed, I have to say that I didn't know how the market looked, so I apologize for that, this is the first time I'm getting into servers and the market, so far it's pretty fun playing around with Linux I can't lie

Thanked by 1Logano
  • You can try this from oneprovider - https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    Its E3-1220 for $16 a month (a dolla over your budget). Includes Gigabit fair share port, not sure about the limits though.

• OP seems legit.

• @VXsz said:

Unless he planned to share his plex libraries to public (paid subscription) with cloud storage backend.. that why he is unable to control client transcoding behaviour ..

Nope, just really for me and my friends, I have went with a light server that can do a transcode or 2, and letting know my friends know how to change the remote quality is a must, specially if we talking 4k HDR content (gonna hook an auto-kill script for those)

And for people that saw price and got a little bit annoyed, I have to say that I didn't know how the market looked, so I apologize for that, this is the first time I'm getting into servers and the market, so far it's pretty fun playing around with Linux I can't lie

Transcode 4k, lol.. What the use of 4k if in the end you and your friend transcode it. If I were you, I just stop share my plex library or continue to share it only for 720p videos.

• VXszVXsz Member
    edited January 2022

@chocolateshirt said:

@VXsz said:

Unless he planned to share his plex libraries to public (paid subscription) with cloud storage backend.. that why he is unable to control client transcoding behaviour ..

Transcode 4k, lol.. What the use of 4k if in the end you and your friend transcode it. If I were you, I just stop share my plex library or continue to share it only for 720p videos.

It won't be transcoded all the time, but sometimes people that aren't tech savvy don't know/care won't bother to change it, specially when they do it all time.., that much actually at least until Plex finally knows when to pick the right thing automatically, it's been a feature request for last 5 years

Also, on popular titles I've added a 1080p stream, when a transcode happens it will actually transcode the 1080p stream, a very useful feature not a lot of people talk about