Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Dedicated Server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Dedicated Server

2»

Comments

• TamerciagaTamerciaga Member, Host Rep

@OsirisBlack said:
    Always tickles me when I see the words Unlimited/Unmeterd blah blah ...... It's just all fanciful tosh.

@deank said:
    Yeah, never gets old.

Sorry guys, I was just really curious about the "big difference". At least we now know what unmetered is, right?

• @Tamerciaga said:
    At least we now know what unmetered is, right?

Suppose it's all relative to where you read it.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited January 2022

@Tamerciaga said:
    https://www.leaseweb.com/dedicated-server/configure/31028#network-container
    https://customer.i3d.net/configure/2431949/#network

These can be fitted with dedicated unmetered ports, but I guess you know better than Leaseweb, i3D, etc.

Kindly read your statement again.

I liked their ordering system where all the bandwidth options are clearly spelt.

I have a dedicated server (under $10 per month) with unmetered 1Gbps data port. Just on the cost alone, without going through terms and conditions, I know it must be shared and Fair usage.

On the other hand, $700 per month, the expectations will be different

• Managed and un-managed, now that's a big difference, and not a marketing ploy or gimmick. "Unlimited" is, purely a marketing term.

OP should have his thread back and you people can have a debate on what the differences are between the terms by creating a specific discussion for it.

• @dev_vps said:

@Tamerciaga said:

@dev_vps said:

@ankesh said:
    U sure its a Ryzen 5 with 10Gbps uplink??? at 80$.... Man, if it is, Can you not cancel and give it to me?

It is unmetered bandwidth in that plan, not unlimited
    big difference

So what is the difference? They practically both mean that you can utilize the full 10G up-link.

Pretty good deal btw, wish I could get such cheap transit :smile:

I understand , no one likes to read Terms and Conditions. Why to waste time when we can assume things or get spoon fed from others.

So, let me spell it for you.
    Terms Page
    https://terrahost.no/avtalebetingelser

Read this carefully TWICE for better understanding
    “ Servers with an unmetered plan are subject to our Fair Usage Policy. The ports are shared with other customers (3.2:1 ratio) and normal usage is expected. Your use should not cause problems for other customers or infrastructure. Usage beyond 20% (2Gbps) continuous use of the port's capacity on 10Gbit is considered overusage and you may be asked to upgrade to a dedicated port.”

So, effectively 10 Gb unlimited can not exceed 2 Gb constant rate.

For dedicated 10 Gb port, there is no such limitations.

I hope, things are clear now.

Hmm, that's something new.

• @deank said:
    Yeah, never gets old.

@OsirissBlack said:
    Always tickles me when I see the words Unlimited/Unmeterd blah blah ...... It's just all fanciful tosh.

No its not unmetered or unlimited its limited in that plan.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Tamerciaga said:
    Read my post again and take a look at my examples. Here are some more bonus examples for you:
    https://www.leaseweb.com/dedicated-server/configure/31028#network-container
    https://customer.i3d.net/configure/2431949/#network

These can be fitted with dedicated unmetered ports, but I guess you know better than Leaseweb, i3D, etc.

How dare you? OF COURSE he knows better than all those large colos and providers running measly hundreds of millions or even billion $$ operations!

_Legal notes: foot actually means 0.125 meters, computer means pile of clay, and unlimited means 200 Mb/s except on fridays when it means 150 Mb/s.
    _

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited January 2022

Well done. 👏🏼👏🏼
    If can not argue on logic, start personal attacks.

• you need constant 10GBps unmetered, Ryzen CPU and Nvme at 80$?... not going to happen ma nibba B)

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@Tamerciaga said: ). Let's take Terrahost for example (no offense), when I clicked their URL it only stated 10G Unmetered. The fact that they hide FUP for bandwidth it in their Terms of Service is misleading according to my books, they could simply state 10G Unmetered (FUP)/*, or just a metered 10G up-link with X amount of traffic.

This has been fixed and we should now specify whether or not a server has a FUP tied to it or not.

Thanked by 1Tamerciaga
  • Guys, no issues! Everybody is entitled to their opinion!🙃

Also, Unmetered FUP should relate to matters like no abuse usage or network stress tests but as I can see, they instead mentioned 2Gbps limits in FUP which is factually wrong! Instead they should have made it clear while ordering whether the connection is burst, shared(overprovisioned), or dedicated!

Still, its my opinion! 😀

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited January 2022

@terrahost said:

@Tamerciaga said: ). Let's take Terrahost for example (no offense), when I clicked their URL it only stated 10G Unmetered. The fact that they hide FUP for bandwidth it in their Terms of Service is misleading according to my books, they could simply state 10G Unmetered (FUP)/*, or just a metered 10G up-link with X amount of traffic.

This has been fixed and we should now specify whether or not a server has a FUP tied to it or not.

10 Gbit options

• Unmetered (shared)
    • Dedicated with peak hours limited
    • Dedicated

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Btw, $1k for @terrahost quality is actually rather cheap.

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

You've obviously come to the right place.

• @dev_vps said:

@terrahost said:

10 Gbit options

• Unmetered (shared)
    • Dedicated with peak hours limited
    • Dedicated

Server location & plan link

• @AtlasCloud said:
    You've obviously come to the right place.

What plan you can offer ?