Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am in love with this new macbook
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I am in love with this new macbook

I had to do something with this new macbook. The Retina Display looks fantastic.

I did this benchmark thing, I am not sure how to look at the scores.
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/245515

Comments

• Just burn.

• Cool!

Where did you guys meet?

• I hope you have a reason for buying a macbook other than trying to show how big your e-penis is.

Thanked by 1marcm
  • How great, not.

• I bet this is just Apple's PR Team spreading good stuff about Macbooks.

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • being using macbooks for years. Diching it for a Asus laptop with Debian in a couple of days. :D

• put linux on it

• texteditor said: put linux on it

Native linux on macbook? :\

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

@texteditor OS X no bad.

• @Pzea said:
    texteditor OS X == bad, linux =/= bad, windows capitalism == bad

There, fixed it for ya

• Got to have a play with one of these today, one of the directors requested one, wouldn't pay £1.5K for it tho.

• @INIZ said:
    I hope you have a reason for buying a macbook other than trying to show how big your e-penis is.

It is funny that simply buying a macbook is somehow a epenis contest.

However, in that case having windows is claiming you have a girl friend when she really is a used hooker. Dem viruses.

• What's even worse is out of the 10 or so Macbooks that I've given out in the past month at work only one of them was running MacOS, shocking...

@Mun said:

• only thing i like about macbook is the retina

Thanked by 2Jacob EricLimaB
  • so expensive :P

• On Macbooks you're really paying for the screen, design, and quality, not the specs. At the price you (probably) paid I could get a laptop with 2x better benchmarks if I didn't care about design, weight, size, etc.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Man look at how many people are mad that you didn't buy their relig...I mean preferred brand. Just ignore these assholes, glad you like your laptop.

Thanked by 1GaNi
  • I don't like OS X at all (or iOS for that matter) but I'll be the first to admit that no other notebook manufacturer can hold a candle to Apple when it comes to hardware design. If money's not an issue (and granted that's a big if) there's no reason not to get a MacBook and throw Boot Camp on it.

• If you have ever touched OS X, you won't think about installing another OS using bootcamp, ever. OS X is a lot better than Windows, and it's free.

• Andy said: If you have ever touched OS X, you won't think about installing another OS using bootcamp, ever. OS X is a lot better than Windows, and it's free.

i touched osx, i find it too difficult to use

• Hmm, I have a Zenbook and I like it a lot. Build quality is good, power is good. The only thing it doesn't have going for it is the retina display, then again, I only paid$600 for it. It also doesn't play well with Windows 8, which is kind of a win, because, you know, had to put Linux on it.

• emgemg Veteran

I consider myself "computer agnostic", meaning that I feel comfortable working on a wide variety of systems. When non-computer people ask me which computer to buy, I usually recommend that they buy the same computer as the person who will help them with it.

That said, Macs make excellent platforms for those who run a wide variety of operating systems. I have several different versions of Mac OS, Windows, and Linux running in virtual machines, which are so convenient for development and testing purposes.

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited December 2013

I bought myself a 13" rMBP a couple days ago as well. Used Boot Camp to install Windows, but the experience of using OS X on the Mac itself was way better than Windows on the same machine. It's funny how years ago I was telling myself that Macs were ripoffs and I'd never let my money get taken by them, and yet now I have one of them and am liking it so far. Will probably migrate my main rig to Debian in a bit :D

• OSX is Unix, - drivers issues, + good interface, that's all. If you can't don something on OSX, that's your personal problem, not the OS's. Admittedly, last comment can be made about Linux or Windows as well.

As for rMBP, got mine last week as well, just had it price matched. Very happy now, love this thing, especially how silent it is.

• I don't like OS X because I think it's complicated, but that's just because I've gotten used to windows. Macbooks defintely have the best design.

• edited December 2013

I'm using OS X and I have used Windows 7 before, I think Windows it way too complicated. Also Macbooks' trackpads are amazing, just like iphone screen.

• INIZ said: I hope you have a reason for buying a macbook other than trying to show how big your e-penis is.

I got a 17" Core i7 (Haswell) Toshiba, 24GB RAM and 2x256GB Hynix SSD for under $1000. Oh, it has an illuminated keyboard as well. What MacBook can compete with that at that price?

• Andy said: Windows it way too complicated

Well.....
    I better not say anything because I'll just get angry.

• Boltersdriveer said: Mac itself was way better than Windows

What experience? If you want the DE you can configure kde to behave close to the same. Better/worse depending on what bothers you.

• nonubynonuby Member
    edited December 2013

@marcm said:

Not really a fair comparison. At 17" you've lost portability - apple dont even consider 17" a laptop no more, also I highly doubt you get 8hrs built-in battery life, and that got be a few kilos in weight too?

Note: I dont use Apple (so not a fanboy defense), xubuntu / sane spec'd laptop user, however I do have to admire how they push the industry forward - ultrabook (and associated benefits - battery, quality casing, portability (dimensions & weight)) might be an intel trademark, but it was certainly an apple lead success..