Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Authy, Aegis, Google/MS Authenticator, AndOTP, Bitwarden - What do you use for 2FA OTP? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Authy, Aegis, Google/MS Authenticator, AndOTP, Bitwarden - What do you use for 2FA OTP?

2»

Comments

• MS Authenticator since I tried to move google Authenticator and had to redo the lot

• I'm using authy due to it being easy and syncing between my multiple devices which I do actually have and use. I'm thinking about switching to bitwarden self-hosted or perhaps paid instead though due to authy not allowing easy export of your codes as well as being closed source. I'm not in any huge hurry though.

• AndOTP and Bitwarden/Vaultwarden mixed with a few security keys. Not a fan of having "the cloud" store my 2FA secrets.

• Authy as main generator and Google as backup.

• Um.. am I missing something? You guys go with a single authenticator? How?
    I thought different sites required different apps?

• Authy user here as well. Thanks to this thread I found out they have a desktop app as well! Wooohooo!

• polzpolz Member
    edited December 2021

bitwarden vaultwarden (self hosted)
    2 fa authy because using multi device ios and android

• FreeOTP should be mentioned as alternative for Authy:

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.fedorahosted.freeotp/

• @allthemtings said:
    Always used google Auth but stopped since you couldn’t easily transfer to a new device then switched to Authy, now you can import to google Auth I now use both 🤣

You can always export (backup) it using QRcode. Then you can have the same GAuth running at multi-devices.

• Authy or Bitwarden

• @Logano said:
    Um.. am I missing something? You guys go with a single authenticator? How?
    I thought different sites required different apps?

If the site requests a 6 digit TOTP code, then all the apps are interchangeable, it's a standard algorithm

A very few sites may require a proprietary method.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2021

Installed Authy and very happy how easy it was to setup & sync on my phone and desktop :)
    Thanks for the recommendation!

• LoganoLogano Member
    edited December 2021

@cochon said:

If the site requests a 6 digit TOTP code, then all the apps are interchangeable, it's a standard algorithm

A very few sites may require a proprietary method.

Sweet, thanks! I already had Authy for Twitch, so might as well transfer over my Google Auth stuff.

Thanked by 2Ympker cochon
  • @M66B said:
    FreeOTP should be mentioned as alternative for Authy:

6y no updates.

• @ascicode said:

@M66B said:
    FreeOTP should be mentioned as alternative for Authy:

6y no updates.

Works fine.