Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50% OFF One-Time Payment Minecraft Gameserver from established Game Server Company - From 50€ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

50% OFF One-Time Payment Minecraft Gameserver from established Game Server Company - From 50€

2»

Comments

• Oh, sorry, I'm not interested in a lifetime server in general. I think money is worth more immediately, and lifetime investments are a hard sell, even for a service that has been around for a decade. $1/GB/m VPS/MC servers can be quite reasonable in speed (and ZAP-hosting does provide this) and have the added benefit of generally not frontloading dozens of months of cost on you at once.
    But, I'm interested in hearing about how people have enjoyed their "investments." I imagine at least someone here has purchased this before today.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2021

FYI: Restoring backups seems to work. Had to restore just seconds ago because today I screwed up when I tried some commands and cleared my whole inventory using /clear when I actually wanted to clear the chat console like the terminal in Linux :D

Thanked by 1Logano
  • LOL better testing it early on, I guess?
    At least your server is up. Mine is down. :sweat_smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Logano said:
    LOL better testing it early on, I guess?
    At least your server is up. Mine is down. :sweat_smile:

True :D Why is yours down? Not enough RAM to launch? :P

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @Ympker said:
    True :D Why is yours down? Not enough RAM to launch? :P

Nah, ZAP had server issues. It's back up now. :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @KuKluxKlab said:
    What does it mean to include all Minecraft modpacks they offer? Is a purchase server offer different than a lifetime server offer? Wouldn't allowing me to upload my own modpack defeat the purpose of charging 30 euros per modpack?

I've never installed a modpack before, but you get access to this via FTP (except for the Fabric-specific stuff, unless you chose the Fabric modpack like I did):

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2022

ZAP-Hosting was recently breached (check their official website/your email).
    As compensation each client received an email with a 20€ voucher that can be redeemed in the ZAP Hosting client area to add to your balance ("cashbox"). The voucher should be in your mail, if not use:

wekeepworkingforyoursafety

You could use the voucher to upgrade your lifetime server with them. For example adding 1 GB RAM shows costs as 14€ish. So with the 20€ voucher you can upgrade 1 more GB of RAM for free (or get a discount on any other upgrades) :)

@Logano

Thanked by 2Logano kalimov622
  • Haha thx for the mention, I already had the voucher redeemed. The server is working so well that I almost feel sorry for taking compensation! It just needs a boot up now and again. 😅

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2022

@Logano said:

Haha thx for the mention, I already had the voucher redeemed. The server is working so well that I almost feel sorry for taking compensation! It just needs a boot up now and again. 😅

I agree. Couldn't be happier with the performance even though it's only 2GB RAM (they recommend 4GB iirc lol). I guess I will use it to add 1GB extra buffer RAM or upgrade to Premium CPU+NVMe (albeit that'll be a bit of extra money I'd have to spend). What did you buy with the voucher (or plan to buy)? About the uptime, I notice some downtime periods ever so often but I just boot it up again in that case. I don't need it to be 24/7, anyway (server is just for me and the gf).

• @dedipromo @arifur don't forget to redeem the voucher :)

Thanked by 1dedipromo
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks. I already redeemed the voucher when they sent it, as I participate regularly in the Discord. Now I have 107 euro in my account. :smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • cpsdcpsd Member

FYI, I am happy using hetzner cloud and their snapshots to run&save my personal papermc server.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2022

@Radi said:
    Thanks. I already redeemed the voucher when they sent it, as I participate regularly in the Discord. Now I have 107 euro in my account. :smile:

Where did that 107€ come from? Did you get multiple vouchers along the way? :P Or is it leftover credit?

@cpsd glad to hear that you are happy. Naturally, Hetzner always is a good choice. Also happy with my ZAP Hosting over here.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2022

They got hacked and all customer info leaked publicly not so long ago.

wie bereits am 15.03 in einem Newsletter informiert, analysieren wir seit dem Angriffe auf unsere Infrastruktur. Zwischen dem 13.03 und 15.03 gab es hier mehrere sehr gezielte Angriffe auf interne Dienste unserer Infrastruktur. Umgehend beschäftigte sich das Team mit der Analyse der Angriffe und der Absicherung betroffener Systeme. Der Schaden hier konnte weitesgehend begrenzt werden, sodass die Infrastruktur binnen 48h wieder nahezu vollständig lauffähig war und keine weiteren Beeinträchtigungen im Kundenportal zu verzeichnen waren.
    Im zeitlichen Zusammenhang mit diesen Vorfällen wurde ein Datenbank-Dump des Kundenportals mit Datenstand 22.11.2022 im Clear-Net veröffentlicht. Ein Zusammenhang zwischen beiden Vorfällen gilt als sehr wahrscheinlich.
    Offensichtlich wurde hier versucht, mit roher Gewalt und durch die Veröffentlichung des genannten Dump einen großt möglichen (Image-) Schaden zu verursachen. Verhandlungen oder Erpressungen seitens des Hackers gab es nicht.
    Wir möchten Dich an dieser Stelle darüber informieren, dass deine E-Mailadresse und dein Username in diesem Datenbank-Dump enthalten war. Insofern Adressdaten bei der Bestellung eines Vertrags-Servers angegeben wurden oder es Chat-Verläufe mit dem Kundensupport gegeben hat, können auch diese in dem genannten Dump enthalten sein. Passwörter zum Kundenportal von ZAP sind lediglich in verschlüsselter Form enthalten. Wir empfehlen dennoch die Änderung deines ZAP Kundenaccount Passwortes
    Kreditkarten-Daten oder andere Zahlungsinformationen mit Sicherheitsmerkmalen waren nicht enthalten.

DeepL translation:

As already informed in a newsletter on 15 March, we have been analysing attacks on our infrastructure since then. Between 13.03 and 15.03, there were several very targeted attacks on internal services of our infrastructure. The team immediately started analysing the attacks and securing the affected systems. The damage here could be limited to a large extent, so that the infrastructure was almost fully operational again within 48 hours and no further impairments were recorded in the customer portal.
    A database dump of the customer portal with data status 22.11.2022 was published in Clear-Net at the same time as these incidents. A connection between the two incidents is considered very likely.
    Obviously, an attempt was made here to cause the greatest possible (image) damage by brute force and by publishing the aforementioned dump. There was no negotiation or blackmail on the part of the hacker.
    We would like to inform you at this point that your e-mail address and your username were included in this database dump. If address data were entered when ordering a contract server or if there were chat sessions with the customer support, these may also be included in the aforementioned dump. Passwords to the ZAP customer portal are only included in encrypted form. However, we recommend that you change your ZAP customer account password.
    Credit card data or other payment information with security features were not included.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2022

@pike said:
    They got hacked and all customer info leaked publicly not so long ago.

wie bereits am 15.03 in einem Newsletter informiert, analysieren wir seit dem Angriffe auf unsere Infrastruktur. Zwischen dem 13.03 und 15.03 gab es hier mehrere sehr gezielte Angriffe auf interne Dienste unserer Infrastruktur. Umgehend beschäftigte sich das Team mit der Analyse der Angriffe und der Absicherung betroffener Systeme. Der Schaden hier konnte weitesgehend begrenzt werden, sodass die Infrastruktur binnen 48h wieder nahezu vollständig lauffähig war und keine weiteren Beeinträchtigungen im Kundenportal zu verzeichnen waren.
    Im zeitlichen Zusammenhang mit diesen Vorfällen wurde ein Datenbank-Dump des Kundenportals mit Datenstand 22.11.2022 im Clear-Net veröffentlicht. Ein Zusammenhang zwischen beiden Vorfällen gilt als sehr wahrscheinlich.
    Offensichtlich wurde hier versucht, mit roher Gewalt und durch die Veröffentlichung des genannten Dump einen großt möglichen (Image-) Schaden zu verursachen. Verhandlungen oder Erpressungen seitens des Hackers gab es nicht.
    Wir möchten Dich an dieser Stelle darüber informieren, dass deine E-Mailadresse und dein Username in diesem Datenbank-Dump enthalten war. Insofern Adressdaten bei der Bestellung eines Vertrags-Servers angegeben wurden oder es Chat-Verläufe mit dem Kundensupport gegeben hat, können auch diese in dem genannten Dump enthalten sein. Passwörter zum Kundenportal von ZAP sind lediglich in verschlüsselter Form enthalten. Wir empfehlen dennoch die Änderung deines ZAP Kundenaccount Passwortes
    Kreditkarten-Daten oder andere Zahlungsinformationen mit Sicherheitsmerkmalen waren nicht enthalten.

DeepL translation:

As already informed in a newsletter on 15 March, we have been analysing attacks on our infrastructure since then. Between 13.03 and 15.03, there were several very targeted attacks on internal services of our infrastructure. The team immediately started analysing the attacks and securing the affected systems. The damage here could be limited to a large extent, so that the infrastructure was almost fully operational again within 48 hours and no further impairments were recorded in the customer portal.
    A database dump of the customer portal with data status 22.11.2022 was published in Clear-Net at the same time as these incidents. A connection between the two incidents is considered very likely.
    Obviously, an attempt was made here to cause the greatest possible (image) damage by brute force and by publishing the aforementioned dump. There was no negotiation or blackmail on the part of the hacker.
    We would like to inform you at this point that your e-mail address and your username were included in this database dump. If address data were entered when ordering a contract server or if there were chat sessions with the customer support, these may also be included in the aforementioned dump. Passwords to the ZAP customer portal are only included in encrypted form. However, we recommend that you change your ZAP customer account password.
    Credit card data or other payment information with security features were not included.

That's what I was referring to when I said they were breached hence why they sent out the compensation coupon of 20€.
    These days it's safe to assume that sooner than later your email address will end up in some dump, anyway. If you don't want to always change it, I guess it's time live with that. Not that I like it, but it's something that seems to be very likely to he the case (even more so in the years to come). Credit Card/payment data was apparently not leaked. Good. I tend to use either PayPal or disposable virtual CCs for most purchases anyway, though. German users also love Paysafecard :P A password can easily be changed after a dump using a pw manager like Enpass.

Tl;dr: Breach and dump is annoying, but (sadly) nothing out of the ordinary and nothing totally unexpected to users of the internet. In a couple of years, opening a browser will probably have a warning prompt stating smth like "By connecting to the world wide web and by participating in it, your data is at risk. Common side effects are leak of email address, address, passwords and cc data. Please remember to change each of these parameters weekly. Kthxbye".

Thanked by 1pike
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@Ympker said:

>

Where did that 107€ come from? Did you get multiple vouchers along the way? :P Or is it leftover credit?

Yes, since I joined I got multiple vouchers. I am very happy with the Minecraft server. For now it's just me playing on it in creative mode, but I definitely enjoy building stuff.

Now I spent the credits and upgraded to 78 slots and 7.8 GB RAM to have a bit of free room if I decide to invite gri... cough players in my server :smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Radi said:

@Ympker said:

>

Yes, since I joined I got multiple vouchers. I am very happy with the Minecraft server. For now it's just me playing on it in creative mode, but I definitely enjoy building stuff.

Now I spent the credits and upgraded to 78 slots and 7.8 GB RAM to have a bit of free room if I decide to invite gri... cough players in my server :smile:

Playing in creative mode is something I also wanted to do since a long time. Should give it a try :)

• They seem giving a similar discount to this one.
    When I open their web, I got this popup.

Thanked by 2Ympker Logano
  • @Leftup said:

They seem giving a similar discount to this one.

Afaik they very often run these discount pop-ups. Usually they come with some limitations, though (not recurring, not for lifetime gameservers but only monthly/yearly subs..).

Thanked by 2Leftup Logano
  • @Ympker said:

@Leftup said:

Afaik they very often run these discount pop-ups. Usually they come with some limitations, though (not recurring, not for lifetime gameservers but only monthly/yearly subs..).

Ah I see, thank you for the info.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Leftup said:

@Ympker said:

@Leftup said:

Ah I see, thank you for the info.

Yeah, that's why I was so happy back when I created this thread because that time the discount also applied to lifetime servers not just to recurring subs.

Thanked by 1Leftup
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2022

@Logano said:
    Thanks! Bought to play with my kids as I figure keeping my spare desktop on all the time will eat more electricity than $90 "lifetime" plus be a hassle to manage when parts die.

Probably the best decision you could have made in the light of the electricity price hike :)

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @Ympker said:

@Logano said:
    Thanks! Bought to play with my kids as I figure keeping my spare desktop on all the time will eat more electricity than $90 "lifetime" plus be a hassle to manage when parts die.

Probably the best decision you could have made in the light of the electricity price hike :)

Haha definitely! I didn't check but we are probably paying above $0.40/kwh right now. And parts died on that spare PC! lol

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Logano said:

@Ympker said:

@Logano said:

Haha definitely! I didn't check but we are probably paying above $0.40/kwh right now. And parts died on that spare PC! lol

Fwiw I had my mc server migrated to another host system. Seems to be running more smoothly now.

• @sanchez1122 said:
    Fivem is a multiplayer game development framework that can be used to create both single-player and multiplayer games. Features of our server hosting: -No game limits. -2 GB RAM per game. -5 GB Storage. -Unlimited bandwidth. -No ads, no loadouts, and no unmetered ips.

Congrats on your first comment!

• Their support isnt very helpful at all. Many many downtimes, switched to another host still had downtimes, ... will never come back to them

• @Pilotseye said:

@sanchez1122 said:
    Fivem is a multiplayer game development framework that can be used to create both single-player and multiplayer games. Features of our server hosting: -No game limits. -2 GB RAM per game. -5 GB Storage. -Unlimited bandwidth. -No ads, no loadouts, and no unmetered ips.

Congrats on your first comment!

No necro.
    @Arkas

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@ascicode said: No necro.

Thanks for the heads up.

This discussion has been closed.