Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch How To Remove Windows ISO - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch How To Remove Windows ISO

2»

Comments

• You're right though. Better be safe than sorry.

• Just an update. Server 2022 is taking up like 15GB so far, still have updates to do but it's a lot more free space to work with then I had previously.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @spun said:
    Just an update. Server 2022 is taking up like 15GB so far, still have updates to do but it's a lot more free space to work with then I had previously.

Windows Server: how to use as a desktop PC
    https://www.adamintech.com/run-windows-server-as-a-desktop-pc/

• Thanks for that. I'm already aware of how to use it as a desktop. I already have remote desktop access. Just doing updates now and waiting for software licensing to transfer over. Either way this is a huge update for me as far as disk space. I appreciate the advice.

• @spun said:
    Thanks for that. I'm already aware of how to use it as a desktop. I already have remote desktop access. Just doing updates now and waiting for software licensing to transfer over. Either way this is a huge update for me as far as disk space. I appreciate the advice.

What do you mean software licensing to transfer over?

• I'm talking about 3rd party software, not Windows.

• @spun said:
    So I downloaded Server 2022 from Microsoft and was looking for the Virtio tutorial that I had found before. Then did another quick google search and it looks like https://write.corbpie.com/upload-and-install-windows-server-2022-iso-on-vultr/ has a link to the version with the Virtio drivers already added in (and of course a full install tutorial). Then I tried uploading directly from the URL given on the site but it stalled out at 46% or so and then errored out. So now I'm uploading it onto another server that I have right now (I actually started and stopped doing this 3 times with different file hosting accounts already because I didn't think about this link working and realized .iso has to be the extension at the end of the link). Looks like the ISO is working again for uploading so I'm using the link on that page and simultaneously uploading it to my hosting just in case of failure since I've stopped other uploads prematurely due to thinking something else would work. Currently at 32% uploading from the link on the tutorial.

Reality is even with 1.5GB of disk space left that's really all I need at the moment since I only use the VPS for scraping (and delete files after moving them) but it's good to have the extra disk space since I get weird projects throughout the year.

If you don't need much space, just the IP, then just run a proxy in Linux.

• @dev_vps said: Server Core is GUI-less edition and requires Powershell scripting.

Yeah, but most server admins should know the scripting language that comes with the OS (eg. bash/shell scripting on Linux and PowerShell on Windows).

@dev_vps said: more than 29GB free after installing Windows OS on 40-GB VPS

Server 2012 R2 is EOL now, unless you've purchased extended support from Microsoft (which ends in 2023).

• on a side note - where can I get a couple of WinServer 2022 Standard keys - for cheap - just hate the annoying watermark... Thnx.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited December 2021

@plumberg said:
    on a side note - where can I get a couple of WinServer 2022 Standard keys - for cheap - just hate the annoying watermark... Thnx.

MSDN membership

PS - if you just need one key, ask someone who has MSDN membership

• @dev_vps said:

@plumberg said:
    on a side note - where can I get a couple of WinServer 2022 Standard keys - for cheap - just hate the annoying watermark... Thnx.

MSDN membership

PS - if you just need one key, ask someone who has MSDN membership

Hmm. Yh.. just a key for now... need to find if someone has msdn