Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Backend Enhancements - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Backend Enhancements

2»

Comments

• LET is definitively loading faster for me.

• Someone removed the rubber band, fistula is now flowing optimally.

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • I keep getting rate limited. Happens most often when I click the back button.

• @Nekki said: I keep getting rate limited. Happens most often when I click the back button.

I hit the backbutton and all fun thread gone. 😔

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2021

@CheepCluck said:

@Nekki said: I keep getting rate limited. Happens most often when I click the back button.

I hit the backbutton and all fun thread gone. 😔

Fucking monsters. Between this and the censorship, you can see why LET only placed at #7 this year.

• I would like to report something broken because @cociu is missing and does not respond.

Thanked by 1tux
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

It starts to get too off-topic... please keep it within Cest Pit for those

• @Hotmarer said: I would like to report something broken because @cociu is missing and does not respond.

She is migrating to the great white south, Antarctica. Its a very long voyage. Expect an answer on ␀

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Yeah, the whole thread going to the latest reply is getting really annoying. It does it for me even if I haven't been in a thread before so a brand new one for me on mobile.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • You can also improve the backend if you don't run YABS on the host all the time :D

• @TeoM said: You can also improve the backend if you don't run YABS on the host all the time

The backend always look good when you're doing dabs.

• Rate limited again after one page load and a click of the back button. Shit is fucked, yo.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Nekki said:
    Rate limited again after one page load and a click of the back button. Shit is fucked, yo.

Fixed. Please try again

• @FAT32 said:

@Nekki said:
    Rate limited again after one page load and a click of the back button. Shit is fucked, yo.

Fixed. Please try again

I can’t replicate it at will, but I will let you know if occurs again, thank you kindly.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Jord said:
    Yeah, the whole thread going to the latest reply is getting really annoying. It does it for me even if I haven't been in a thread before so a brand new one for me on mobile.

When did you first notice this?

edited December 2021

@jbiloh said:

@Jord said:

About 3-4 days ago. It's bloody annoying haha.

@Jord said:

@jbiloh said:

@Jord said:

Are you seeing it on both mobile and desktop?

Is everyone in agreement that the latest post bug (where you don't always get taken to the most recent post you viewed in a thread but instead to the last post in the thread) has been happening for three to four days and did not start yesterday?

@jbiloh said:

@Jord said:

@jbiloh said:

@Jord said:

Mobile mostly I think

@jbiloh said:
    Is everyone in agreement that the latest post bug (where you don't always get taken to the most recent post you viewed in a thread but instead to the last post in the thread) has been happening for three to four days and did not start yesterday?

Yes it started way before yesterday.

@Jord said:

@jbiloh said:

@Jord said:

@jbiloh said:

@Jord said:

Mobile mostly I think

I just tested it about 20 times and could not reproduce the issue on desktop.

Is anyone facing this problem using the desktop theme?

• @jbiloh said:

@Jord said:

I have also noticed this for over a month

• @jbiloh said:

Definitely days before yesterday.

@imok said:

@jbiloh said:

Definitely days before yesterday.

Ok good to know, that is helpful, thank you.

Has anyone experienced the issue using the DESKTOP theme?

I am only seeing the problem on MOBILE.

• I’m seeing an issue where certain words in posts are being capitalised when there’s absolutely no good reason for it.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited December 2021

@jbiloh said:
    Ok good to know, that is helpful, thank you.

Has anyone experienced the issue using the DESKTOP theme?

I am only seeing the problem on MOBILE.

Did some tests and seems to be borked on mobile only.

Repro:
    1. Visit thread with lots of unread posts (purple man threads actually useful for once)
    2. Scroll to bottom, remember page number
    3. Hit back on browser
    4. Visit same thread again, on mobile you'll get thrown +2/3 pages further, on desktop you get thrown +1 (as expected).

My working theory is that the post view bug being discussed here is only happening with mobile theme, and that desktop is not effected.

If anyone is having the problem with the desktop theme please let us know right away so that we don't spend time investigating this problem from the wrong direction.

We may have a lead on what is causing the problem related to last thread view position. More soon.