Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Backend Enhancements
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Backend Enhancements

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hi Everyone,

Around 10 PM ET tonight we made a number of enhancements to the LowEndTalk server infrastructure related to the software configurations. These changes should both improve speed and efficiency.

If anyone notices the following issues please let us know:

1. Caching strangeness (not seeing new activity immediately, etc)
  2. Issues logging in
  3. Cloudflare rate limits
  4. Anything else that wasn't happening before 10 PM ET on 12/13/2021

Thanks for the reports (or hopefully no reports).

:)

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness

Comments

• damn, i thought maybe you got some butt cheek implants.

• I noticed 3. Cloudflare rate limits a few times a couple of hours ago.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Yup, I also got some CF rate limit errors today like at 2 PM.

• I have an issue where the "Post Comment" button when replying get's greyed out so I cannot actually reply. I have to cut the comment, refresh the page and then I can post.

Thanked by 3afn JasonM plumberg
  • @stoned seems to have lost his ban, could you correct that please?

• ill enhance ur backend @jbiloh 😏

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2021

@mrclown said:
    I noticed 3. Cloudflare rate limits a few times a couple of hours ago.

That sounds awfully like more than 1 hour ago.

1. I guess you want the rate limits back?
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mrclown said:
    I noticed 3. Cloudflare rate limits a few times a couple of hours ago.

I've made some improvements two hours ago to the rate limit settings. If you continue to see them please let me know.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@Adam1 said:
    I have an issue where the "Post Comment" button when replying get's greyed out so I cannot actually reply. I have to cut the comment, refresh the page and then I can post.

Can you share more details so I can try and replicate this, please?

When did it start?

• No backend, or maybe cache issue, but in the front page I see "4 new" (comments) and when entering the thread I get scrolled to the latest one.

Thanked by 2Erisa Jord
  • @imok said:
    No backend, or maybe cache issue, but in the front page I see "4 new" (comments) and when entering the thread I get scrolled to the latest one.

^^Ive been having this too. Clicking through to a thread with a few new comments makes it scroll to the latest and I have to go up and find the new ones myself since it skipped past them.

@Erisa said:

@imok said:
    No backend, or maybe cache issue, but in the front page I see "4 new" (comments) and when entering the thread I get scrolled to the latest one.

^^Ive been having this too. Clicking through to a thread with a few new comments makes it scroll to the latest and I have to go up and find the new ones myself since it skipped past them.

When did that behavior start?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2021

Things seem to be working smoothly on my end

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Shouldn't this topic belong to Meta category?

Thanked by 1ariq01

@risharde said:
    Things to be working smoothly on my end

Glad to hear that.

• @jbiloh said:

@Erisa said:

@imok said:

At least a few days ago, so it's probably unrelated to this event, just didn't know where else to mention it until now

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@risharde said:
    Things to be working smoothly on my end

Glad to hear that.

Indeed, glad to provide some feedback, I also feel as though it is indeed a bit faster than usual at the moment so great job to you and the team.

@Erisa said:

@jbiloh said:

@Erisa said:

@imok said:

At least a few days ago, so it's probably unrelated to this event, just didn't know where else to mention it until now

Ok, good to know it's not exactly related to today's work effort but that will make it more difficult to track down.

Are you browsing LowEndTalk only on one device or multiple?

Does the behavior occur all the time or just some of the time?

I believe the bahavior is explained as follows: when you return to a thread that you've previously viewed to check the new activity you are sent to the latest post and not the newest post you are yet to view?

• Damn @jbiloh deleted my comment about trying to get in-between them cheeks.

• @jbiloh said: Can you share more details so I can try and replicate this, please?

>

When did it start?

i dont know, but i first noticed it a few days ago, but i hadnt used let for a while prior to then.

• I got different variation of "scrolled to last one" (or it's the same :D). If there are not many posts on page (like 1-5?) I am getting scrolled to bottom... of ads which are "longer" than posts content and I need to scroll to top to get to content.

Clicked few random links, seems to be fixed now? However it triggered from time to time, no idea how that worked really.

• @jbiloh said:
    I believe the bahavior is explained as follows: when you return to a thread that you've previously viewed to check the new activity you are sent to the latest post and not the newest post you are yet to view?

Yes, I noticed this on the mobile page too. Desktop was ok so far but maybe I didn't pay attention to it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2021

@SirFoxy said:
    Damn @jbiloh deleted my comment about trying to get in-between them cheeks.

Unacceptable censorship. LET without bants is like toast with butter - you can eat it, but eventually it gets stuck in your throat and you die. You get that, @jbiloh? You murdered @SirFoxy by making him choke on your thick, butterless toast. You murdered all of us. Where are your clicks coming from now, eh?

Ghosts, that’s where.

Ghost clicks, for fucks sake.

My god I’m horny.

Thanked by 1Jord
  • I could use my backend enhanced. This fistula wont close itself off.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited December 2021

@Nekki said:
    My god I’m horny.

We know, the correct question would be "When are you not?"

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@Nekki said:
    My god I’m horny.

We know, the correct question would be "When are you not?"

For 3 seconds after ejaculation, and when I’m in a KFC. My God, I hate KFC.

• @CheepCluck said:
    I could use my backend enhanced. This fistula wont close itself off.

That sounds a like a party right there.

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • @Nekki said: That sounds a like a party right there.

No rubber band, bring the party bus

• Well, if I wasn’t horny before, I sure am now.

• @Adam1 said:
    I have an issue where the "Post Comment" button when replying get's greyed out so I cannot actually reply. I have to cut the comment, refresh the page and then I can post.

Ditto. Just encountered the same couple mins ago.
    On mobile browser. @jbiloh