Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couple of servers/VPS for transfer! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Couple of servers/VPS for transfer!

2»

Comments

• @Erisa said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:
    Willing to let go of poland for $80.

You should check out Hetzner auctions. You can order a server and just cancel it within 14 days when you change your mind about it. It’s going to be much less hassle and it won’t cost you a penny.

You can cancel and refund these ones as well with just two messages to support (one to ask and one to confirm), though that doesn't work in the US but that's about it.

Unsure why one would prefer to sell a server for its original cost rather than refund. And if the price is higher than what they paid, that says everything about their character and motives.

Could it be a crypto - no refund thing?

• @TimboJones said:

@Erisa said:

@Nekki said:

@TheBrokenBee said:
    Willing to let go of poland for $80.

You should check out Hetzner auctions. You can order a server and just cancel it within 14 days when you change your mind about it. It’s going to be much less hassle and it won’t cost you a penny.

You can cancel and refund these ones as well with just two messages to support (one to ask and one to confirm), though that doesn't work in the US but that's about it.

Unsure why one would prefer to sell a server for its original cost rather than refund. And if the price is higher than what they paid, that says everything about their character and motives.

Is it even possible to buy a SYS server with crypto? I don't think so

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Erisa said:

@TimboJones said:

@Erisa said:

Could it be a stolen credit card - no refund thing?

• @yoursunny said:

@Erisa said:

@TimboJones said:

@Erisa said:

Very possible!!

• @yoursunny said:

@Erisa said:

@TimboJones said:

@Erisa said:

Wouldn't it be reported and then server cancelled? People be cuckoo here.

• @stoned said:

@TheBrokenBee said: I am only asking for what I paid for(or less) for the above servers.

Respect.

I second...

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

1. A orders server with stolen credit card.
    2. A sells server to B; A receives money.
    3. Server is cancelled when the stolen credit card is reported and the transaction is reversed.
    4. B loses the server; A keeps the money.
    Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @yoursunny said:

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

3. Server is cancelled when the stolen credit card is reported and the transaction is reversed.

What sort of a credit card do you have where you're not notified in the close to a week it takes to transfer?

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

What sort of a credit card do you have where you're not notified in the close to a week it takes to transfer?

A credit card holder has up to two billing cycles to report a fraudulent charge.
    A computer or a smartphone is not required to apply for a credit card.
    The cardholder needs to receive the monthly statement in the mail in order to know about the charges, and then report the unauthorized charge by writing a letter to the bank.

• @yoursunny said: Server is cancelled

Could it be easily cancelled? As it's not the same owner. Not sure it's even legally possible for OVH to cancel the server once it has been transferred, because there has been a problem with the first owner's payment method.

• @yoursunny said:

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

This is definitely possible but most likely that's not the case here. People who do carding can buy other things like amazon gift cards or even big ticket items like phones and sell those. Why would they bother with servers on LET?

@pbx said: Could it be easily cancelled? As it's not the same owner. Not sure it's even legally possible for OVH to cancel the server once it has been transferred, because there has been a problem with the first owner's payment method.

If it is indeed carding then a chargeback happens. I think the server would be cancelled 100%

• @yoursunny said:

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

Thanks, will try that

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@pbx said:

@yoursunny said: Server is cancelled

Could it be easily cancelled? As it's not the same owner. Not sure it's even legally possible for OVH to cancel the server once it has been transferred, because there has been a problem with the first owner's payment method.

If a server ordered with stolen credit card cannot be cancelled after it's transferred, anyone who has a stolen card and wants a server could buy in one account and keep the free server in another account.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @yoursunny said: buy in one account and keep the free server in another account.

Yeah but this would imply first the server is paid for months/years. If it's just one month (like it's the case here) this would make little sense as "another account" would be billed, and would have to be a decent customer.

• @BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

Notified in what way? For me, it'd show up on my next bill, but I don't look at them usually. I buy so much shit online, the only ones doing extra validation is if the vendor (eg, best buy, Newegg) signed up. So if didn't get prevented at time of purchase, they scored a server. If someone had my physical Amazon card, they could use it forever so long as i never had one of my purchases declined and make me look into it.

• @TimboJones said:

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

Notified in what way? For me, it'd show up on my next bill, but I don't look at them usually. I buy so much shit online, the only ones doing extra validation is if the vendor (eg, best buy, Newegg) signed up. So if didn't get prevented at time of purchase, they scored a server. If someone had my physical Amazon card, they could use it forever so long as i never had one of my purchases declined and make me look into it.

You guys don't get texts on your cell when making purchases?

• OP is probably just someone who has no control over their desire to buy things, he ordered Poland as substitute but got his preference later.
    • In the case of sys, you get an advantage, 10gbps down, instead of ordering new with 250mbps, so he's doing the community a "favor"
    • As for why transfer instead of refund, I remember he answered that question somewhere, he exceeded the refund duration I think...

OVH/SYS will probably do nothing to your server if their is a financial issue with previous owner. You're a different person, it is their responsibility and their own problem. Getting the server transferred, is somehow like renting the server from them, only exception, instead of going back to the pool then rebought by someone, it is done directly. When getting a server from server auction at hetzner, are you responsible for whatever shit an old user of the server did?

@BarkingIron said: You guys don't get texts on your cell when making purchases?

depends, never when I pay to Amazon, Paypal, dell (US) or an American website in general. Always when I try to pay in EU.

• @BarkingIron said:

@TimboJones said:

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

@BarkingIron said:

@yoursunny said:

You guys don't get texts on your cell when making purchases?

I guess i could enable something, but it would mean it wasn't necessarily automatic. For some purchases, I get the option of an email or text, but not always (hmm, maybe going by amount? Not sure). Not even the majority. Both my bank and credit cards have text or email for login to the accounts online. I guess I'm falsely confident any fraud will be reversed easily if stolen but I'm not properly checking my statements for fraud. I can say if it has some unfamiliar name and hosting or servers in it and it's $50 or less, I wouldn't bat an eye.

Last discussion with my credit card companies about this, is that their anti fraud has "AI" on it. I haven't had to notify them of going out of country in a few years where previously it would trigger an alert and cause me hassles.