Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LETBOX aquired by SMARTHOST - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LETBOX aquired by SMARTHOST

2»

Comments

• miumiu Member
    edited December 2021

@cazrz said:

@cybertech said:
    this is odd. order page now only has smarthost own services. they forgot to buy over servers from letbox????

LA and Dallas letbox BBox are still there. NY were removed. I guess they will be leaving leaseweb, so what Im worried about are the nodes going to be migrated to their existing NY data center or will those be decommissioned. @SmartHost

Man, firstly turn off panic mode, then browse 2x (or more) and then write here only 1x
    (Instead write speculations that they leave LeaseWeb etc...)
    Where u seen that NJ is removed??
    It is still whole time there and available:
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=4
    If they would be intending cancel NJ nodes what sense would give that they still sell available resources there as new VPSes?

additionally: new services are normally provisioned and ticket resolved and answered (i got both in normal time). So thanks God seems all continue yet there as before and hopefully will next

• @miu said:

@miu said:

@cazrz said:

@cybertech said:
    this is odd. order page now only has smarthost own services. they forgot to buy over servers from letbox????

LA and Dallas letbox BBox are still there. NY were removed. I guess they will be leaving leaseweb, so what Im worried about are the nodes going to be migrated to their existing NY data center or will those be decommissioned. @SmartHost

Man, firstly turn off panic mode, then browse 2x (or more) and then write here only 1x
    (Instead write speculations that they leave LeaseWeb etc...)
    Where u seen that NJ is removed??
    It is still whole time there and available:
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=4
    If they would be intending cancel NJ nodes what sense would give that they still sell available resources there as new VPSes?

additionally: new services are normally provisioned and ticket resolved and answered (i got both in normal time). So thanks God seems all continue yet there as before and hopefully will next

Go here
    https://my.letbox.com

Also check the categories menu.

lol, I'm not in the panic mode. I also have an account and servers from Smarthost.net What I am saying is that NJ BBox was removed from the categories. Why remove it and mark it as "legacy" if you have the intention of continuing the service and continuing to sell. That direct link can be cut off anytime since it is not being promoted in the categories. But still anyway, may it be in the categories or not, promoted or not, anything can happen after showers.

• @cazrz said: But still anyway, may it be in the categories or not, promoted or not, anything can happen after showers.

Maybe reason why this service is marked as legacy may be when these aquired original/existing nodes in NJ will be full (all resources sold out), they will no longer offer this concrete service (from letbox original offer in this form as is) But Hopefully and expect, they also will not cancel originally (existing) services from past.

• @miu said:

@cazrz said: But still anyway, may it be in the categories or not, promoted or not, anything can happen after showers.

Maybe reason why this service is marked as legacy may be when these aquired original/existing nodes in NJ will be full (all resources sold out), they will no longer offer this concrete service (from letbox original offer in this form as is) But Hopefully and expect, they also will not cancel originally (existing) services from past.

Just wondering, did letbox have servers in colocrossing? If no, that is probably the reason why NJ became legacy since smarthost is mostly in colocrossing.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

35 comments and neither one of the two "key" people have commented or spoken up about this.

• If you hangout on the letbox discord sale hasn't been a secret for a while now. Jist of it existing services stay the same and key is moving onto other hosting projects. Basically no big deal for existing users

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited December 2021

The owner gave birth to his child and then after a while he sold his business. Interesting move...

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited December 2021

@smallbibi said:
    Just wondering, did letbox have servers in colocrossing? If no, that is probably the reason why NJ became legacy since smarthost is mostly in colocrossing.

One of biggest problem for me of CC is that all their IPs are usually crazy (often multiple) blacklisted and whole subnets with bad reputations (impossible deliver emails send from these CC Ips to inboxes instead spamboxes and ever not (rejected) to MTA like microshit network, icloud etc). So offer hosting services to customers is practically impossible from their network (nobody want to make sent emails dropped into junk folders)

btw unfortunately, Generally nowadays is quite pretty problem to find ISP with clean IPs and network with good reputation thanks to rats (i mean spammers and abusers who plundered half of internet and devalued tons of clean IPs) Also effort to keep their subnets clean costs providers a much energy

• @DP said:

35 comments and neither one of the two "key" people have commented or spoken up about this.

good note. i am also surprised by this

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@miu said: i am also surprised by this

But if what @james50a said is true, then it's probably just a matter of time until they send out proper comms announcing it.

Thanked by 1miu
  • since a few months now the sale but no communication, is it possible this deal has gone bad

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2021

Sorry for the response delay guys...
    Nothing to worry about here, just a heavy workload and alot of projects going on behind the scenes currently.
    We don't always announce our acquisitions, especially if a brand is continuing to operate separately, as it is just a change of ownership/stockholders. If everything is being rolled into the SmartHost brand, then it gets an official announcement. LetBox is continuing to operate as a stand-alone entity.

All LetBox servers and locations are staying as-is, including LeaseWeb in NJ.
    We'll actually be adding SmartHost infrastructure to that NJ location as a new site.
    Dallas TX and Los Angeles CA gear has already been relocated into SmartHost racks.
    All IPs will be staying the same, no one needs change anything.

Old LetBox plans/services will be honored, though we are going to deem them "legacy" products. We don't plan on adding more hardware nodes to service additional orders, but existing nodes will be permitted to fill up, and new orders to take place of standard cancellation flow. It's mostly because we prefer not to be running ProxMox. Eventually there will be a way to run these block storage plans on our SolusVM infrastructure (one of the projects we are working on currently), and then that opens up the possibilities to have LetBox-style offers again, and possibly rolling ProxMox clients onto our SolusVM platform. In the meantime, we have copied some of the legacy LetBox offerings to new products offered at LetBox, with the exception of block storage availability, running on the SmartHost SolusVM-based platform. The website itself will be updated shortly, as we are just about completed sorting and learning the LetBox infrastructure and layout.

Hope that helps!

PS - Mahmoud is still lingering around to help us with the transition as needed. He has been quite helpful during the process.

~ SMARTHOST

• @DP said:

I see what you did there.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • That's great news then, I hope you add more block storage soon, and we hope more locations for block storage.

• key900key900 Member, Host Rep

@RedSox said:
    The owner gave birth to his child and then after a while he sold his business. Interesting move...

There is nothing off here. I’m currently working in 2 projects that’s take more time of my day Solar energy and App hosting (seedbox) with Nextcloud services! . Yet i’m still doing support in letbox and i can confirm everything will be the same no changes for old clients and their services!. Letbox is still important to me and it my life work so i handled the wheel to my trusted friend and i’m sure he will continue improving letbox for years to comes. I won’t leave letbox to anyone unless I’m certain of that! . I’m just focusing in something els.

Best regards

Mahmoud

• kmahyygkmahyyg Member
    edited August 2022

@SmartHost said:
    Nothing to worry about here, just a heavy workload and alot of projects going on behind the scenes currently.
    We don't always announce our acquisitions, especially if a brand is continuing to operate separately, as it is just a change of ownership/stockholders. If everything is being rolled into the SmartHost brand, then it gets an official announcement. LetBox is continuing to operate as a stand-alone entity.

We'll actually be adding SmartHost infrastructure to that NJ location as a new site.
    Dallas TX and Los Angeles CA gear has already been relocated into SmartHost racks.

Old LetBox plans/services will be honored, though we are going to deem them "legacy" products. We don't plan on adding more hardware nodes to service additional orders, but existing nodes will be permitted to fill up, and new orders to take place of standard cancellation flow. It's mostly because we prefer not to be running ProxMox. Eventually there will be a way to run these block storage plans on our SolusVM infrastructure (one of the projects we are working on currently), and then that opens up the possibilities to have LetBox-style offers again, and possibly rolling ProxMox clients onto our SolusVM platform. In the meantime, we have copied some of the legacy LetBox offerings to new products offered at LetBox, with the exception of block storage availability, running on the SmartHost SolusVM-based platform. The website itself will be updated shortly, as we are just about completed sorting and learning the LetBox infrastructure and layout.

Hope that helps!

PS - Mahmoud is still lingering around to help us with the transition as needed. He has been quite helpful during the process.

~ SMARTHOST

But I think you should still tell your letbox users about acquisitions. Otherwise, as for me, unless your server is down, I won't check the online portal until I continuously got Advertisement Email from Smarthost sending to my mailbox only for LetBox.

That made me think LetBox sold my personal information until I Googled and found this post to make it clear. Also, this behaviour made me just blocked your whole domain accidentally on my email gateway. @SmartHost

• bdlbdl Member

@kmahyyg said:

@SmartHost said:

Hope that helps!

~ SMARTHOST

But I think you should still tell your letbox users about acquisitions. Otherwise, as for me, unless your server is down, I won't check the online portal until I continuously got Advertisement Email from Smarthost sending to my mailbox only for LetBox.

That made me think LetBox sold my personal information until I Googled and found this post to make it clear. Also, this behaviour made me just blocked your whole domain accidentally on my email gateway. @SmartHost

Great necro post

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @SmartHost where are the merger deals? ;)

• @Astro said:
    @SmartHost where are the merger deals? ;)

You mean necrodeals??

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @vyas11 said:

@Astro said:
    @SmartHost where are the merger deals? ;)

You mean necrodeals??

So necro that prices are dead as well