Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


LETBOX aquired by SMARTHOST
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

LETBOX aquired by SMARTHOST

miumiu Member
edited December 2021 in Providers

Good day to everybody.

It has been on LET already mentioned, but when it still is not confirmed officially by LetBox (one of my fav host provider) former owners or new owners from SmartHost, and no more info said yet directly by them, i opened this thread, hopefully one of them will respond and let us know more.

I assume this happened bcs:

1) when i pay invoices now my payment via gaypal are send to SMARTHOST LLC. (not to LETBOX LMITED)

2) On Letbox pages is new offer of VPSes - with many new locations (many US + also UK a & NL europe), and all them exactly match with all locations what offer SH.

3) SH made thread when want buy/aquire other host companies. So i no doubt now they bought LetBOX

What to say.... For me personally sure it is quite surprising :-O Letbox was sure good and unique provider, i was happy at their services:

  • unique hybrid fully configurable VPSes = Compute instances (high cores, RAM, fast NVMe) in combinations with large sata Block Storages (up to 10TB)
  • really GREAT uptime
  • quite fast, not oversold nodes
  • and all mentioned for good competitive prices!

So i hope new owner will keep all this mentioned and remains keep the bar high (or move it still higher)

Can pls someone relevant confirm officially finally this change (that Letbox has been Aquired by SmartHost pls) and say about it more for us pls? Or for what new we can look forward in near future (for example other loc expansions, or BLock Storage in AMS, UK.., incoming AMD in other locations etc..)?
@key900 @SmartHost

THANKS!

«1

Comments

  • @miu said: I assume this happened bcs:

    1) when i pay invoices now my payment via gaypal are send to SMARTHOST LLC. (not to LETBOX LMITED)

    What's Gaypal? or is that a typo.

  • @DanSummer said:

    @miu said: I assume this happened bcs:

    1) when i pay invoices now my payment via gaypal are send to SMARTHOST LLC. (not to LETBOX LMITED)

    What's Gaypal? or is that a typo.

    It's like Grindr but for payments.

  • miumiu Member
    edited December 2021

    @DanSummer said:

    @miu said: I assume this happened bcs:

    1) when i pay invoices now my payment via gaypal are send to SMARTHOST LLC. (not to LETBOX LMITED)

    What's Gaypal? or is that a typo.

    No typo... They are Gaypal

  • @SirFoxy said:

    @DanSummer said:

    @miu said: I assume this happened bcs:

    1) when i pay invoices now my payment via gaypal are send to SMARTHOST LLC. (not to LETBOX LMITED)

    What's Gaypal? or is that a typo.

    It's like Grindr but for payments.

    oh, how little I know! thanks. And Grindr is a social media for sharing cat videos I assume.

  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

    It seems they don’t offer the block storage options like before
    Anyways I hope the service continues to be stable, I still have mine in NJ

  • @bruh21 said:
    It seems they don’t offer the block storage options like before
    Anyways I hope the service continues to be stable, I still have mine in NJ

    Form where u have such info? (before 20 minutes i ordered some..)

  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

    @miu said:

    @bruh21 said:
    It seems they don’t offer the block storage options like before
    Anyways I hope the service continues to be stable, I still have mine in NJ

    Form where u have such info? (before 20 minutes i ordered some..)

    Oh, I was looking in whmcs. I think they only have it for services labeled “legacy” like this one:
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=121

    Thanked by 1stephanuk
  • miumiu Member
    edited December 2021

    And message for new owner @SmartHost

    WE LOVE LARGE STORAGE VPSES SO MUCH!!! <3 <3 <3

  • @bruh21 said:

    @miu said:

    @bruh21 said:
    It seems they don’t offer the block storage options like before
    Anyways I hope the service continues to be stable, I still have mine in NJ

    Form where u have such info? (before 20 minutes i ordered some..)

    Oh, I was looking in whmcs. I think they only have it for services labeled “legacy” like this one:
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=121

    check better:
    LA NVMe + BOX
    Dallas NVMe + BOX

  • Smarthost is a great provider, im sure letbox is in good hands there.

    Thanked by 1miu
  • FranciscoFrancisco Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    @NobodyInteresting said:
    Smarthost is a great provider, im sure letbox is in good hands there.

    Yep, nothing to fear here.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited December 2021

    @Francisco said:

    @NobodyInteresting said:
    Smarthost is a great provider, im sure letbox is in good hands there.

    Yep, nothing to fear here.

    Francisco

    To be honestly, i am a bit concerned what happened latest months / in 2021, great and reliable providers began be aquired/sold: RAM node, Inception (but in case of inception it is exceptions because this significantly improved their service when Clouvider arrived there + also Anthony continue there on the board with his great work next, what is really good) and now silently (and for me quite unexpected) LETBOX.. (Novos also died but this is different case - relatively short time existing hosting - rapid rise and also fast and early fall)

    Before time this happened only for miserable providers (to be aquired or deadpooled/bankrupted). IMO and i worry, probably bad times (world COVID fascism) also significantly negatively affect the strong players (from LE array) too. On the second side, is surprising that some providers are able expand and buy another no lucky, in these bitch times - just this example of SH, well move and proof that they are stable imo.

    BUT SURE what i do not want to see in 2022 is aquired @hosthatch, BuyVM or @LiteServer ! :worried:

    Nice afternoon to everyone

    Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • angstromangstrom Member, Moderator

    @miu said:

    @Francisco said:

    @NobodyInteresting said:
    Smarthost is a great provider, im sure letbox is in good hands there.

    Yep, nothing to fear here.

    Francisco

    To be honestly, i am a bit concerned what happened latest months / in 2021, great and reliable providers began be aquired/sold: RAM node, Inception (but in case of inception it is exceptions because this significantly improved their service when Clouvider arrived there + also Anthony continue there on the board with his great work next, what is really good) and now silently (and for me quite unexpected) LETBOX.. (Novos also died but this is different case - relatively short time existing hosting - rapid rise and also fast and early fall)

    Before time this happened only for miserable providers (to be aquired or deadpooled/bankrupted). IMO and i worry, probably bad times (world COVID fascism) also significantly negatively affect the strong players (from LE array) too. On the second side, is surprising that some providers are able expand and buy another no lucky, in these bitch times - just this example of SH, well move and proof that they are stable imo.

    BUT SURE what i do not want to see in 2022 is aquired @hosthatch, BuyVM or @LiteServer ! :worried:

    Nice afternoon to everyone

    But isn't this the way that (especially global) capitalism tends to work?

    With time, smaller, successful companies tend to be acquired by bigger companies, and monopolies tend to form.

    In contrast, with time, smaller, less successful companies tend to go out of business.

    Is it a worry? Probably, yes.

    Thanked by 1miu
  • angstromangstrom Member, Moderator

    @miu said: Can pls someone relevant confirm officially finally this change (that Letbox has been Aquired by SmartHost pls) and say about it more for us pls?

    I'm sure that they'll say something with time, but if everything is working as expected at the moment and there are no changes affecting services/pricing, then let's give them some time still ... (Probably, the dust hasn't yet settled.)

  • Gaypal was brutal... Letbox offers good performance per dollar, let's hope new owners will not crap up that.

    Thanked by 1miu
  • @miu said: i

    @LTniger said:
    Letbox offers good performance per dollar,

    YES, sure yes, mate. I 100% agree. Really good ratio what u pay and what u get, one of the best what i know.

  • @miu said:

    @Francisco said:

    @NobodyInteresting said:
    Smarthost is a great provider, im sure letbox is in good hands there.

    Yep, nothing to fear here.

    Francisco

    To be honestly, i am a bit concerned what happened latest months / in 2021, great and reliable providers began be aquired/sold: RAM node, Inception (but in case of inception it is exceptions because this significantly improved their service when Clouvider arrived there + also Anthony continue there on the board with his great work next, what is really good) and now silently (and for me quite unexpected) LETBOX.. (Novos also died but this is different case - relatively short time existing hosting - rapid rise and also fast and early fall)

    Before time this happened only for miserable providers (to be aquired or deadpooled/bankrupted). IMO and i worry, probably bad times (world COVID fascism) also significantly negatively affect the strong players (from LE array) too. On the second side, is surprising that some providers are able expand and buy another no lucky, in these bitch times - just this example of SH, well move and proof that they are stable imo.

    BUT SURE what i do not want to see in 2022 is aquired @hosthatch, BuyVM or @LiteServer ! :worried:

    Nice afternoon to everyone

    1. The market will always converge on a small number of companies, it is the market's instinct.
    2. They are more likely to offer higher prices than before because they have more hot money on hand. There is too much hot money in the market, and some countries/industorys have easier access to financing. Most of the hot money go to Tesla, but still some money will go to others.
  • LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

    @miu said:

    @Francisco said:

    @NobodyInteresting said:
    Smarthost is a great provider, im sure letbox is in good hands there.

    Yep, nothing to fear here.

    Francisco

    To be honestly, i am a bit concerned what happened latest months / in 2021, great and reliable providers began be aquired/sold: RAM node, Inception (but in case of inception it is exceptions because this significantly improved their service when Clouvider arrived there + also Anthony continue there on the board with his great work next, what is really good) and now silently (and for me quite unexpected) LETBOX.. (Novos also died but this is different case - relatively short time existing hosting - rapid rise and also fast and early fall)

    Before time this happened only for miserable providers (to be aquired or deadpooled/bankrupted). IMO and i worry, probably bad times (world COVID fascism) also significantly negatively affect the strong players (from LE array) too. On the second side, is surprising that some providers are able expand and buy another no lucky, in these bitch times - just this example of SH, well move and proof that they are stable imo.

    BUT SURE what i do not want to see in 2022 is aquired @hosthatch, BuyVM or @LiteServer ! :worried:

    Nice afternoon to everyone

    Our company is owned by two owners (the original founder of LiteServer and myself) and there are no short term or long term plans at this time to sell the company to investors/other providers. Thank you for you trust and loyalty as a customer.

  • miumiu Member
    edited December 2021

    @LiteServer said:
    Our company is owned by two owners (the original founder of LiteServer and myself) and there are no short term or long term plans at this time to sell the company to investors/other providers. Thank you for you trust and loyalty as a customer.

    Very glad to hear this (with peace in the mind)!
    Thank you for the response and confirmation - this makes my day greater.

    LiteServer is sure in my personal Top 3, and most stable and reliable provider (services) what i seen/know/can recommend ever. Your company really do great work, and your service are really suitable and usable (without worries) for production use. Thank u, many another years of excellation and stay next so nice & strong as LiteServer long time is!

    Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • I think they are ditching the NJ BBox. They are no longer offered and was labeled as "legacy". No products now for NJ. They now added the products of Smarthost in the letbox store/whmcs. The new products have very good pricing though.

    I see the NJ BBox link still live though but not officially offered in the categories section.

    Yes, we want block storage. If possible also in other locations.

    @SmartHost

    Thanked by 1miu
  • @SmartHost
    @cazrz said:
    Yes, we want block storage. If possible also in other locations.

    YES, EXACTLY this!!!

  • Well it was easy to guess i asked them about the credit that @key900 said he's gonna give and they won't honor it.

  • And? That promotion ended months ago.

    Thanked by 1bdl
  • Well, the first part of the promotion did end. I think the second part never got off the ground. :smile:

    Would love to hear more about the acquisition, plans for the future, etc.

  • @skorous said:
    And? That promotion ended months ago.

    I opened a ticket with them like 2 month ago so i was inside the delay

  • this is odd. order page now only has smarthost own services. they forgot to buy over servers from letbox????

  • @SmartHost needs to acquire a web design company/agency.

  • @cybertech said:
    this is odd. order page now only has smarthost own services. they forgot to buy over servers from letbox????

    LA and Dallas letbox BBox are still there. NY were removed. I guess they will be leaving leaseweb, so what Im worried about are the nodes going to be migrated to their existing NY data center or will those be decommissioned. @SmartHost

  • Is it not necessary to email your customers when they’re acquired?

    Thanked by 2miu pullangcubo
  • @caracal said:
    Is it not necessary to email your customers when they’re acquired?

    That surprised me as well. I can't remember offhand when a company was acquired and there was not an announcement by either side. I became suspicious when Letbox canceled my PayPal subscriptions without notifying me. Then I found the answer when I renewed my storage VPS.

    Thanked by 1miu
Sign In or Register to comment.