Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus dealing with IP and energy costs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus dealing with IP and energy costs

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Okay, so, there has been another thread discussing the upcoming price hikes at Prometeus. There were some misunderstandings and plain malicious attacks there, but also some good and healthy input.
Based on that and my support for the old users, it has just been decided that:
1. Current (hiked) prices will stay at least for the old products on obsolete hardware and software;
2. A choice will be provided to people, so they can opt to be moved to a different VLAN (IP change), new hardware and software (reinstall, in some cases) and keep the old prices;
3. Any add-on IPv4 will remain at the hiked price, the included one for the people opting for a move/renumbering will stay free as well as the plan price will remain the same if you choose to be moved to a newer hardware and stack, but all your IPs will change, including the add-ons at new prices.
There are some unfinished plans for a new product line with a 6to4 gateway and optional IPv4, but we will deal with that after we have finished consolidating the current product lines.

What to do:
1. Contact us and express your desire to be moved/renumbered;
2. We will immediately change the price back and you will be notified when the move will actually take place. In some cases a reinstall will be needed.

As a rule of thumb, XenPV plans and OVZ6 hosted on Cento6 nodes will have to be moved to KVM/Virtualizor so a reinstall will be required but we will do a custom plan to keep the same resources at the same price.
This is the plan as of now. Based on your input and some stumbling issues along the line, it might change.
What I want to make clear is that old users which accept the hardship of moving (once after some years) will not pay any price increase.
We can do this together.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Why another thread?

The end is nigh.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

To keep things clear. If mods consider this excessive can, of course, delete it and ban me.

• Give this man a medal!

• @Maounique said: To keep things clear. If mods consider this excessive can, of course, delete it and ban me.

You are clearly an intelligent and thoughtful man, but by god you're dramatic.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    To keep things clear. If mods consider this excessive can, of course, delete it and ban me.

It's not excessive but if anyone disagrees they can, of course, cut off my penis and feed it to a gerbil.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2021

@jar said: cut off my penis and feed it to a gerbil

Interesting, I am only surprised that has not happened yet.

Thanked by 3kkrajk jar netomx
    edited December 2021

@Nekki said: you're dramatic

Not really, past experience shows lesser pretexts or entirely invented ones have been enough.
    Not having a provider tag and impersonating a known provider can be used as a pretext.
    It would be BS, of course, but all my previous bans were, so...

There is a reason that he calls himself a jar.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
    edited December 2021

If some mod can clean the thread, I would appreciate it, but not holding my breath. The shit can be moved to the old thread, this should be only for this specific problem and discussing alternatives.
    I am open to suggestions.

• @Maounique I think you should apply for a provider tag and start again. The past is gone, majority of users here are new gen don't even know about the situation you are mentioning.

Welcome again, let's keep it sane.

Thanks for the explanation.

Thanked by 2jsg dahartigan
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2021

@jar said:

@Maounique said:

It's not excessive but if anyone disagrees they can, of course, cut off my penis and feed it to a gerbil.

OMG, I damn near projectile sprayed coffee onto my beautiful 32" monitor from busting out laughing when I read this. If not for the pile of napkins I keep on my desk, which I grabbed one from to cover my mouth with, I would still be cleaning coffee off my desk and monitor... but it would have been totally worth it!

Cheers!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @TheLinuxBug said:

>

If not for the pile of napkins I keep on my desk
    Cheers!

Wow. It paid off

• @Maounique said:

@Nekki said: you're dramatic

Not really, past experience shows lesser pretexts or entirely invented ones have been enough.
    Not having a provider tag and impersonating a known provider can be used as a pretext.
    It would be BS, of course, but all my previous bans were, so...

Forum ownership/management/leadership is completely different. You really think @jbiloh is going to do the BuyVM Mafia any favours?

edited December 2021

@Hxxx said: I think you should apply for a provider tag and start again.

Nope, the previous one has been removed through abuse, applying for a new one would acknowledge such abuse and I am not ready to do that.

@Hxxx said: The past is gone

Tell that to Francisco which came to ask for "clarifications" albeit I would have expected some refugee coupons too, he did change a bit, or his fanboys accusing us of profiting on back of poor LET users for 10 years.it will never be gone, they will always want us out of here, so staying out is the right thing to do. Not because of giving in, but because the majority of the community wants this.

@Nekki said: Forum ownership/management/leadership is completely different.

Forum changed hands many times, I am here since the times of LEA, I have been banned by Francisco under the guise of Chief, by Jarland and confirmed by Anthony Smith, almost everyone will eventually give in to pressure, I am rather the exception.

• @Maounique said:

Nope, the previous one has been removed through abuse, applying for a new one would acknowledge such abuse and I am not ready to do that.

Tell that to Francisco which came to ask for "clarifications" albeit I would have expected some refugee coupons too, he did change a bit, or his fanboys accusing us of profiting on back of poor LET users for 10 years.it will never be gone, they will always want us out of here, so staying out is the right thing to do. Not because of giving in, but because the majority of the community wants this.

Dude, you are not as relevant as you think that you are. Nobody is out to get you, because nobody cares about your past on a hosting forum, or the fact that someone was mean to you 5yrs ago.

Maybe have your uncle, aunt or someone else from your family, that has bigger balls than you, to come and represent the family business. Your attitude is hurting your business more than it helps it.

Just my 2 and a quarter pesos.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2021

@Maounique said:

You truly are a dumb fucker, aren't you?

Read the other thread. There's at least a page of replies of people confused asking for clarification and replying asking the same question I asked. There's people thanking the post because of those question.

You even made this thread to clarify further. It isn't my fault you guys didn't proof-read. That isn't a "language barrier" issue, it's a "Mao rambles and can't make a coherent reply"

It isn't my fault you guys made no effort to protect yourself from IP price increases either. I spent many many many years warning people of this very thing happening. I've had no less than 3 host that have sold in the past year that have said "Boy I wish I listened to you all these years".

Francisco

edited December 2021

@NobodyInteresting said: Your attitude is hurting your business more than it helps it.

The business is not present here, they left after the threats.
    I am, however, the liaison, I carry back the thoughts of people here and present the decisions back.
    I personally do not care what ppl think about me, I am just doing the best I can for the customers and the business while maintaining a balance.
    After all, I am a LETer first and I am bargain hunting myself more than many people here so I understand the justified grievances and doing my best to mitigate the impact.

• @Francisco said: It isn't my fault you guys made no effort to protect yourself from IP price increases either.

Still, let me try to stir up some shit about something that happened 10 years ago and nobody even recalls at this point so we can verify, so that I can hide my own failing better.

@alexvolk where are you? You've always wanted this moment.

• @Maounique said:

@Nekki said: Forum ownership/management/leadership is completely different.

Forum changed hands many times, I am here since the times of LEA, I have been banned by Francisco under the guise of Chief, by Jarland and confirmed by Anthony Smith, almost everyone will eventually give in to pressure, I am rather the exception.

Yup, I’m done, I’m sure you’re justified in your own mind, but you just stepped over to delusional for me. We’ll just leave it here and not correspond on this matter again, which I’m sure suits you just fine.

@Francisco said: There's at least a page of replies of people confused asking for clarification and replying asking the same question I asked.

While they were justified to ask, you had no business doing that once, let alone three times.

@Francisco said: You even made this thread to clarify further.

This thread is NOT to clarify the initial announcement, it reflects the changes made after the feedback we had.

@Maounique said: While they were justified to ask, you had no business doing that once, let alone three times.

Why do I have no business looking to clarify and help people? You obviously made no effort to explain things so I did your job for you.

You, as a the prometeus rep to these forums, didn't make a thread about it letting people know. If you did your job you'd have had full control of the discussion. Instead you rambled much later on.

Francisco

What's sad about this is that Mao just cannot seem to let the past go.

That's a mental health issue and it should be looked at.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Maounique said: While they were justified to ask, you had no business doing that once, let alone three times.

You are the last person to tell anyone what they can or can't do/say on a public forum.

@Francisco said: Why do I have no business looking to clarify and help people? You obviously made no effort to explain things so I did your job for you.

You are not representing Prometeus, so it was not your job to help anyone. You can help them with refugee coupons, in fact I am still waiting to see them.

@Francisco said: didn't make a thread about it letting people know.

Let them know what? that the prices changed? An email has been sent to everyone. People which were confused came in and asked for clarifications, I gave them, it was not your job and anyone reading your comments understands what they mean.

Thanked by 1dusst

@deank said: That's a mental health issue and it should be looked at.

One day people will understand I don't care about any personal attack coming from anyone.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited December 2021

@Maounique said:

@Francisco said: didn't make a thread about it letting people know.

Let them know what? that the prices changed? An email has been sent to everyone. People which were confused came in and asked for clarifications, I gave them, it was not your job and anyone reading your comments understands what they mean.

Why can't people (including providers) comment on a public forum? Are you sure that you're the same person who wants to preserve "human and civil rights, free speech, [and] freedom of the press" as mentioned in your signature?

The fact that people have a negative impression of your employer's price increase has nothing to do with Francisco, but let's keep that impression up.

@Maounique said: You are not representing Prometeus, so it was not your job to help anyone. You can help them with refugee coupons, in fact I am still waiting to see them.

In 11 years we've never, ever, shit on a single hosts thread and shill coupons. Ever.

@Maounique said: Let them know what?

The majority of those users were from these forums, maybe all of them were. Making a thread here would've cost nothing, would've saved you from having to now do "cleanup", and would've made you look proactive.

Other hosts have made threads on these forums announcing pricing changes, location closures, or new features like I do. There's no negative in a host making a thread about such things and being proactive.

It costs nothing.

Francisco

edited December 2021

@Francisco said: he majority of those users were from these forums, maybe all of them were.

Nope, I would guesstimate about 20%, maybe, at most, 30% of our current users have had a presence here at some point. Most of those don't come here anymore, this is not BuyVM, stop projecting.

@Francisco said: "cleanup"

The cleanup will always be needed, if you don't have an AlexVolk at hand, there are other people, more civilized, though, to do the "job".