Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirMach Flash Sale Transfers! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirMach Flash Sale Transfers!

2»

Comments

• @stoned said:

@drunkendog said: a) $35.04/yr - BUFFALO, NY / 4 vCPU / 8192M RAM / 35G SSD / 16000G BW / 1 IPs, renews 12/02/2022 Important: Still stuck on BF-SPECIAL-CREATE, but this can be sorted during the transfer (VirMach's busy enough without adding more tickets)

Hello @drunkendog - Is this still available?

EDIT: Oh nevermind. I can't get it because @VirMach requires you to be already in good standing for 6 months, and I'd be a brand new customer since I have no account with them.

I always do however provide all my legal billing information and so I've never had an issue with any provider, ever.

If @VirMach can possibly in my case forgo the thing, I can get a transfer on a new account. I don't know how that would work, but for some of my low level static/wp hosting needs, this server would be lovely. Thanks.

Yeah it is, I've shot you a pm.

• fynixfynix Member
    edited December 2021

@yoursunny said: Get a 👉>Webhosting24 in Los Angeles👈 (512MB is $16.88/year) and you'll have a routed /48.
    With SIT tunnels you can have a /56 for each of your RackNerd and VirMach.
    The benefit is that it can reach both Hurricane Electric and Cogent networks, and you are not limited to 5 tunnels.

Hi, how do I do this? I would like to have IPv6 on my VirMach VPS but I don't want to use Hurricane Electric :neutral:

• It’ll be 2024 before Virmach finally puts in Ryzen

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2021

@fynix said:

@yoursunny said: Get a 👉>Webhosting24 in Los Angeles👈 (512MB is $16.88/year) and you'll have a routed /48.
    With SIT tunnels you can have a /56 for each of your RackNerd and VirMach.
    The benefit is that it can reach both Hurricane Electric and Cogent networks, and you are not limited to 5 tunnels.

Hi, how do I do this? I would like to have IPv6 on my VirMach VPS but I don't want to use Hurricane Electric :neutral:

The setup below will redirect a portion of Webhosting24 /48 prefix to VirMach VPS.
    Specifically, the prefix is 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df::/64.

setup in Webhosting24 VPS running Ubuntu 20.04

Write this in /etc/netplan/01-netcfg.yaml:

network:
      version: 2
      ethernets:
        uplink:
          match:
            macaddress: 00:16:3e:b8:79:e1
          set-name: uplink
          dhcp4: false
          dhcp6: false
          link-local: []
          addresses:
            - 194.39.205.13/24
            - 2a0c:8fc0:0:100:cafe:babe:7b74:6f6c/56:
                lifetime: 0
            - 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:89c7::1/112
          gateway4: 194.39.205.1
          gateway6: 2a0c:8fc0:0:100::1
          nameservers:
            addresses:
            - 2001:4860:4860::8888
            - 2606:4700:4700::1111
      tunnels:
        box5sit:
          mode: sit
          local: 194.39.205.13
          remote: 192.210.170.112
          addresses:
            - 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df:4469:cad8:8254:0/127
          routes:
            - to: 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df::/64
              via: 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df:4469:cad8:8254:1

Allow in firewall:

sudo ufw allow from 192.210.170.112 proto ipv6
    sudo ufw route allow out on box5sit to 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df::/64
    sudo ufw route allow in on box5sit from 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df::/64

setup in VirMach VPS running Debian 11

Append to /etc/network/interfaces:

auto vps9sit
    iface vps9sit inet6 v4tunnel
      address 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df:4469:cad8:8254:1
      netmask 127
      endpoint 194.39.205.13
      local 192.210.170.112
      ttl 255
      gateway 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df:4469:cad8:8254:0

Allow in firewall:

sudo ufw allow from 194.39.205.13 proto ipv6
    sudo ufw route allow out on vps9sit from 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df::/64
    sudo ufw route allow in on vps9sit to 2a0c:8fc2:4b15:75df::/64

• Paid with PayPal. Tickets opened on both ends. Referenced his ticket # in mine. Opened ticket in Billing dept of @VirMach (which says it could be slower. Maybe I should have opened the ticket in general support?) Anyway.

I hope the transfer goes through in a couple of days and I don't have to wait too long. Thanks.

• @yoursunny said: setup in Webhosting24 VPS running Ubuntu 20.04

Thank you. I will need to reinstall Ubuntu then. I am currently using Debian.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@fynix said:

@yoursunny said: setup in Webhosting24 VPS running Ubuntu 20.04

Thank you. I will need to reinstall Ubuntu then. I am currently using Debian.

It will work on Debian too, if you install netplan.io package.

Thanked by 1fynix
  • @stoned said:
    Paid with PayPal. Tickets opened on both ends. Referenced his ticket # in mine. Opened ticket in Billing dept of @VirMach (which says it could be slower. Maybe I should have opened the ticket in general support?) Anyway.

I hope the transfer goes through in a couple of days and I don't have to wait too long. Thanks.

You couldn't ticket RN for 60 seconds to ask for 100 IP's, but you're ok with the Virmach transfer process?

No, not suspicious at all.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @TimboJones said:

@stoned said:
    Paid with PayPal. Tickets opened on both ends. Referenced his ticket # in mine. Opened ticket in Billing dept of @VirMach (which says it could be slower. Maybe I should have opened the ticket in general support?) Anyway.

You couldn't ticket RN for 60 seconds to ask for 100 IP's, but you're ok with the Virmach transfer process?

Why wouldn't I be okay with it? I've never been a VirMach customer before. I just don't like to needlessly open tickets and bother people when I'm paying dirt cheap pricing. Support is time is money. I try to be respectful of that.

• @stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

Why wouldn't I be okay with it? I've never been a VirMach customer before. I just don't like to needlessly open tickets and bother people when I'm paying dirt cheap pricing. Support is time is money. I try to be respectful of that.

RN answers tickets in minutes or hours, Virmach in days or weeks.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@stoned said:

It will probably be a week minimum before support does anything

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2021

@TimboJones said: Virmach in days or weeks

Somewhat unfair. I've always had mine dealt with/resolved within 24hrs - perhaps one exception, with an apology. Much depends on how the Ticket is worded and what the issue is, I guess.

Thanked by 2skorous stoned
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2021

@AlwaysSkint said:

@TimboJones said: Virmach in days or weeks

Somewhat unfair. I've always had mine dealt with/resolved within 24hrs - perhaps one exception, with an apology. Much depends on how the Ticket is worded and what the issue is, I guess.

Oh, I've had better than average responses myself. We probably write better tickets that get dealt with easier. But I've given up on transfers after yoursunny didn't get dealt with in a month.

Edit: my previous tickets were back before Virmach dropped the outsourced support earlier this year.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Clear, concise, and to the point communication is essential.

Thanked by 1yoursunny