Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you buy vps for blogging?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you buy vps for blogging?

supsppsupspp Member
edited December 2021 in Reviews

I generally use it for publishing my photography and documenting my life

Comments

• Well I bought a very strong dedicated server for a "coming soon" blog. Because my SEO was so good, there were millions of visitors per hour.

• @comXyz said:
    Well I bought a very strong dedicated server for a "coming soon" blog. Because my SEO was so good, there were millions of visitors per hour.

Looks like you've got a great plan.

• But you could install WordPress with default settings, enable auto updates and let it be. Does that count?

• Nice spam bro. Congrats on your first post!

Always you're right to buy servers outside of the US: too much servers in the US it cannot work good. I heard that the Gobi desert was a nice place to host. NL and CA have too many servers users as well. Similar to the US. Of course not in northern Canada. That might be a good place. But be sure to have your server North enough.

Thanked by 2zhi Logano
  • @Iroshan464 said:
    But you could install WordPress with default settings, enable auto updates and let it be. Does that count?

Thank you
    I use typecho

• @pbx said:
    Nice spam bro. Congrats on your first post!

Always you're right to buy servers outside of the US: too much servers in the US it cannot work good. I heard that the Gobi desert was a nice place to host. NL and CA have too many servers users as well. Similar to the US. Of course not in northern Canada. That might be a good place. But be sure to have your server North enough.

A server in the Gobi Desert?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2021

I do not buy vps.
    I subscribe to them.

For idling.

Buying a vps located/hosted in a DC would
    Make it a colo ??

Thanked by 2Logano devp
  • Something feels really off about this..

Thanked by 1ehab
  • nice

let's play dumb

Thanked by 1SpeedTest
  • @pedagang said:
    nice

let's play dumb

xdd

• I'm planning to maxed out my IDLING CAPACITY now.

So blogging with a VPS is a big NO for me.

Thanked by 2Logano tux
  • DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

You could do it either way honestly.

• Yes, I have a VPS from Racknerd, used for WordPress blogging.
    Runs well. Loaded around 35+ heavy plugins and Elementor builder.

• No, unfortunately my VPS's are seeing a lot less use these days. I have moved most things over to cloudflare workers.

Thanked by 1devp
  • Good domain name ;)

• @zxrlha said: Good domain name

You understood the real purpose of this topic...

Thanked by 2zxrlha Logano
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

This is an advertising post for the OP

Thanked by 2Void devp
  • Need to have a new tag for "blogger"? :D

• and sticky on frontpage

/////// i guess mods also enjoy this topic

• Do u like winnie the pooh?

• I entered your blog and your club, now I am afraid that the police will knock on my door

• Just use Github pages static page.
    Set and forget it. Idling your VPS like champ.

Thanked by 1devp
  • @stephanuk said:
    I entered your blog and your club, now I am afraid that the police will knock on my door

This is exactly why I have an uneasy feeling about this whole thread. That OP is, err, very strange to say the least.

• @dahartigan said:

@stephanuk said:
    I entered your blog and your club, now I am afraid that the police will knock on my door

This is exactly why I have an uneasy feeling about this whole thread. That OP is, err, very strange to say the least.

your premonitions are not unfounded, it's crown marketing and I don't know why OP is not banned yet

• @SpeedTest said:

@dahartigan said:

@stephanuk said:

your premonitions are not unfounded, it's crown marketing and I don't know why OP is not banned yet

So that we could still +1 on this maybe? Lol

• @stephanuk said:

h

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I don't buy VPS for blogging.
    It's the opposite.
    I write blog to not idle VPS.

• sonusonu Member
    edited December 2021

hello mjj, saw you in hostloc showing off your domain lots of time

but I don't like it

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

fake user

• SEO backlink spam or something. I thought such shit isnt allowed here.