Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keepsolid VPN/VPN Unlimited Lifetime on sale for 13$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Keepsolid VPN/VPN Unlimited Lifetime on sale for 13$

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited December 2021 in General

Where? https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription
Code: SDVPNU13

With them since 2017 and have been rock-solid for me. Check my signature for a list of all the VPN Lifetime Deals I have bought. In my Google Doc, you will also see that many other LE members already bought Keepsolid Lifetime deal.
Keepsolid VPN is also one of the lifetime deals that has no expiry date (unlike e.g. Ivacy) displayed in the client area :)

Comments

• Every time they do this my speed drops very low to the ca torrent location... To many damn sales...

Thanked by 2Ympker pan_ia0_net
  • Nice deal for those who still not get it. :smile:

• Is this vpn service trustworthy?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @TheBrokenBee said:
    Is this vpn service trustworthy?

That's a good question.
    I would be careful with such offers
    The companies can't operate on this prices.
    Maybe they log your traffic.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @TheBrokenBee said:
    Is this vpn service trustworthy?

Most commercial/well-known VPN Providers, I wouldn't turn to for trust or privacy. I use them for unblocking and streaming :) I trust the ovpn protocol enough to encrypt traffic and "protect" me from outsiders while on public wifi, however, there is no way of telling what the vpn provider really loge (regardless whether they write that they don't log in their pp or not).
    Just be careful for what you are going to use these commercial vpn services. As far as trust goes, I personally wouldn't trust ExpressVPN/NordVPN/PureVPN any more than I would Keepsolid/FastestVPN. There are some people saying Mullvad and Perfect Privacy is definitely not logging etc but I don't really care for my use case. Keepsolid Privacy Policy is good enough for me.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • I mean I do like keepsolid, you can request your data with one click of a button (GDPR) if that's truly the data they have on me it's not much.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2021

@magicvpn said:
    I mean I do like keepsolid, you can request your data with one click of a button (GDPR) if that's truly the data they have on me it's not much.

Something that applies to most commercial VPNs and, unfortunately, the only thing we can really do is trust or not trust their Privacy Policy. Tbh, when using commercial VPNs, I just tend to assume the worst and use the VPN accordingly. That way, I won't do anything I will regret while connected to the VPN.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • The price looks good, but according to safetydetectives.com (the new website started by "That One Privacy Guy" who evaluated those dozens of VPNs), KeepSolid logs all data. The full spreadsheet is here.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @user123 said:
    The price looks good, but according to safetydetectives.com (the new website started by "That One Privacy Guy" who evaluated those dozens of VPNs), KeepSolid logs all data. The full spreadsheet is here.

Many VPN providers likely log more than they say they do. Again, if you are looking for privacy/security look elsewhere. That's marketing. If you want a stable and performant VPN to stream and unblock stuff, go for it.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • How to log in hundreds of thousands users what they do with VPN traffic? That physically impossible. They only can reduce speed if detect P2P torrents etc.

• @Ympker said:
    Many VPN providers likely log more than they say they do. Again, if you are looking for privacy/security look elsewhere. That's marketing. If you want a stable and performant VPN to stream and unblock stuff, go for it.

Sure. I posted it so that people can consider factors beyond price or speed (i.e. privacy/logging), since that information is usually hard to find and people tend to assume that VPN = secure and anonymous.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2021

@user123 said:

@Ympker said:

Sure. I posted it so that people can consider factors beyond price or speed (i.e. privacy/logging), since that information is usually hard to find and people tend to assume that VPN = secure and anonymous.

Sure thing! Always good to put that kind of information out there.
    In case people didn't know: VPN Provider Apps tend to also track certain stuff.

FWIW, I usually try to use vanilla VPN config files (like ovpn, ikev2) instead of provider custom clients, but I don't care too much. That being said Keepsolid Mobile App has many trackers (if that is of concern to someone), just like other VPN providers' apps also often have trackers:

https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/com.simplexsolutionsinc.vpn_unlimited/latest/

https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/com.ivacy/latest/

https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/com.vpn.fastestvpnservice/latest/

https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/com.nordvpn.android/latest/

I can only speak for myself, but I do still use VPN Unlimited, Ivacy and FastestVPN, regardless.

Thanked by 2user123 pan_ia0_net
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

F it finally bought in

• @skorupion said:
    F it finally bought in

Welcome aboard :D

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Poland server speed with wireguard protocol:

And my internet without any VPN's:

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2021

You can expect the hand of Kremlin in every VPN connection.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • Does this work OK to access Hulu outside the US?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2021

@bdl said:
    Does this work OK to access Hulu outside the US?

Do you mean you want to access Hulu US while being in a country outside the US (eg travelling)? Best is to ask their support, but I think Hulu was one of the supported channels. Looks like it is supported: https://www.vpnunlimited.com/de/help/streaming/guide-to-unblocking-hulu

Thanked by 2bdl pan_ia0_net
  • I use them for stream unblocking (occasionally) and they work fine. Speed-wise it's hit or miss, but recently (prior to this sale) it's been fast enough that I don't have to wait many minutes for anything to buffer. The 5 devices limitation is frustrating but not to the point I'd hate them for. I did, however, buy another to make it 10 devices.

• @jenkki said:
    You can expect the hand of Kremlin in every VPN connection.

Is that why my iFollow streams keep falling over?

Thanked by 2pan_ia0_net Whoa
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    I use them for stream unblocking (occasionally) and they work fine. Speed-wise it's hit or miss, but recently (prior to this sale) it's been fast enough that I don't have to wait many minutes for anything to buffer. The 5 devices limitation is frustrating but not to the point I'd hate them for. I did, however, buy another to make it 10 devices.

Yeah, the 5 device limit can be a bit frustrating. Years ago I upgraded to 10 devices via an offer on Stacksocial for like 30$. Didn't regret it as it is more convenient than a second acc.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @Nekki said: Is that why my iFollow streams keep falling over?

Story.
    Mother enters the room and sees that her son sits at a computer and jerks off.
    Son you jerking off??
    No mom is not me, it's the hand of the Kremlin.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @Ympker said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    I use them for stream unblocking (occasionally) and they work fine. Speed-wise it's hit or miss, but recently (prior to this sale) it's been fast enough that I don't have to wait many minutes for anything to buffer. The 5 devices limitation is frustrating but not to the point I'd hate them for. I did, however, buy another to make it 10 devices.

Yeah, the 5 device limit can be a bit frustrating. Years ago I upgraded to 10 devices via an offer on Stacksocial for like 30$. Didn't regret it as it is more convenient than a second acc.

True, but I got my second account from my purevpn lifetime that I got 5 years ago, that they refused to renew for me and gave me that instead.

• They should really start buying new servers... Using it for unblocking for two years. It's okay. Problem: A lot of their IPs are getting blacklisted from time to time. I dont use it for anything else than unblocking but when you leave it open be prepared to do some captchas.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @zappata said:
    They should really start buying new servers... Using it for unblocking for two years. It's okay. Problem: A lot of their IPs are getting blacklisted from time to time. I dont use it for anything else than unblocking but when you leave it open be prepared to do some captchas.

These new servers IP will be blocking in a day. You should start buying your own vps if main use consist on unblocking

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • trycatchthistrycatchthis Member
    edited December 2021

Define lifetime.

Until the business goes bankrupt?
    For a 5 year period?

Also $13 or $20 (Edit missed coupon SDVPNU13)

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • I just tested Hulu streaming, it works, they are using a digital ocean IP though... so not sure how long before it will get blocked...

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @trycatchthis said:
    Also $13 or $20

for those who read carefully the price is $13, for all the others $20

• @trycatchthis said: Also $13 or $20

You need apply promo code listed above after login.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

@Ympker said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

True, but I got my second account from my purevpn lifetime that I got 5 years ago, that they refused to renew for me and gave me that instead.

Seems like a good deal. Ivacy, who resell PureVPN also have this 5 year kinda thing going on. Will just let it expire.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net