Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBill Worth it - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBill Worth it

2»

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

@JamesF said:
    Managed to fix the GoCardless by getting the ID's from WHMCS :smile: - Thanks To Support.

I do wish there was some kind of auto backup feature in HostBill, failing that I will need to look at Hetzner or DigitalOcean to run the service and use their snapshots as some kind of failover.

I got 1x 5 TB host hatch server and another 1x1 TB server just for backups :P

• @JamesF said:
    I have purchased it, but found the Gocardless integration doesn’t recognise existing direct debit mandates like WHMCS and Xero does, so doesn’t look like it’s going to work for us.

I also struggled to find any documentation on performing backups or restore if your VPS failed since it needs to run in its own environment.

You can install it in other environment

It says one bash command when it will install entire vps

but then you can install it anywhere

https://hostbill.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOCS/pages/491544/Installation

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Manged to install it in a normal shared hosting account :smile:

• Azayaka_MiraiAzayaka_Mirai Member, Host Rep

From our experience, HostBill is feature-rich, and the latest theme looks very nice. However, it can be quite buggy. Luckily the developers fix things quickly with their weekly release.

• I built my own solution with woocommerce, directadmin api and namesilo api.. Maybe I should build a business in a box solution for you guys

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

There's another thing. I asked for Apple Pay support but they said that they have not gotten many such requests and if I want it I need to pay them for custom development. How is Apple Pay not already implemented into Hostbill? this is literally one of the most common, best converting payment option

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Anyone know if there is a nice admin theme for HostBill?

I really like the Lara one for WHMCS.