Collating BF 2021 Storage Dedi Deals
I'm still on the lookout for a dedicated storage server to host VM backups in Europe. Ideally for a TrueNAS / Proxmox Backup Server (no, I'm not looking for "ISO" storage).
In the meantime, I thought it'd be good to collate what I've found so far below - perhaps it'll save someone else from going through pages and pages in the main thread
- 4x4 TB (HDD SATA) + 1x512 GB SSD NVMe - Intel Xeon-D 1521, 16GB DDR4, 500Mbps unmetered - €56.99 ex. VAT - Link
- 4x6 TB (HDD SATA) + 1x512 GB SSD NVMe - Intel Xeon-D 1521, 16GB DDR4, 500Mbps unmetered - €75.99 ex. VAT - Link
- 4× 10 TB (HDD SATA) - i3, 16GB DDR4, 1Gbps unmetered (fs) - €59.99/m - Link
- 12× 10 TB (HDD SATA) - i3, 32GB DDR4, 1Gbps unmetered (fs) - €109.99/m - Link
- 4x 18TB - AMD Opteron 6c, 24GB ECC, 1Gbps unmetered - €90/m - Link
- 12x18TB HDD + 250GB SSD - Dual E5-2650L V2, 32GB, 10G Port, 2Gbps 95th% FUP BW - 2999 NOK ~$330.71 USD - Link
I'm currently using a Hetzner AX51 with 2x 8TB and I added 2x ~200gb SSD's (back when they and the IP's were still super cheap) for about €74/month.
I've read too many OVH and OneProvider horror stories, which makes me hesitant. Has anyone had a good experience with either of them?
The Pulsed Media deal is awesome, but I fear the processor is underpowered for my use case.
If you come across any other deals or have any recommendations, please post them below!