Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers - Page 66
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers

Comments

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@DanSummer said:
    FAT32> @FrankZ said:

@TheBrokenBee said: Likely to happen today?

The days is young, and it could still happen, but maybe not.

wait a minute! what's happening on Wednesday?

Ryzen upgrade winners are hoping to get upgraded.

I would have been one of them, except I was skipped... :(

Thanked by 1mruczek
  • @FrankZ said:

@smallbibi said: @VirMach said: They're officially KVM Lite but if you requested a custom ISO, we wouldn't say no.

Maybe this was meant for the original BF plans and not the flash sales though.

My understanding was it was said regarding the original BF plans which are standard KVM-Lite.

If nutjob goes about it in the way I described above VirMach support has the option to charge or not charge for the support ticket. If they do not charge him for it, he will be pleasantly surprised and can buy more flash deals with the account credit. Everybody wins :)

EDIT: @nutjob What specific ISO are you trying to mount?

Yes I won't be doing that. Do you know how much computing power that $30 would buy? I'll just wait patiently until someone posts an official reply, there are other people who are interested in this question so they'll surely reply. But thank you for introducing my to netboot.xyz.

The one I want it Alpine Virtual (see bottom of https://alpinelinux.org/downloads/) :

"Similar to standard. Slimmed down kernel. Optimized for virtual systems."

Virtio drivers only. I don't know why everyone doesn't offer it, it's perfect for cheap VPSes.

• @nutjob - I can try to install the Alpine 3.1 Standard CD that is in the control panel, and see if there is a way to move to the slimed downed kernel of Alpine 3.1 Virtual. Would that work for you? Or do you need other features that you can only get from the Alpine 3.1 Virtual ISO?

• when I click the VPS Control Panel link
    I got this error

Invalid vserverid or username

any idea how to fix this?

• nutjobnutjob Member
    edited December 2021

@FrankZ said:
    @nutjob - I can try to install the Alpine 3.1 Standard CD that is in the control panel, and see if there is a way to move to the slimed downed kernel of Alpine 3.1 Virtual. Would that work for you? Or do you need other features that you can only get from the Alpine 3.1 Virtual ISO?

Thanks, that's already available on netboot.xyz, but the ISO I mentioned actually has a different kernel (one of the reasons it uses up much less memory), so I'm sure it would be a rigmarole, like a full body transplant, that'll be the last resort I guess.

• @nutjob said:

@FrankZ said:
    @nutjob - I can try to install the Alpine 3.1 Standard CD that is in the control panel, and see if there is a way to move to the slimed downed kernel of Alpine 3.1 Virtual. Would that work for you? Or do you need other features that you can only get from the Alpine 3.1 Virtual ISO?

Thanks, that's already available on netboot.xyz, but the ISO I mentioned actually has a different kernel (one of the reasons it uses up much less memory), so I'm sure it would be a rigmarole, like a full body transplant, that'll be the last resort I guess.

Ok then, we'll just wait and see what VirMach can do for you.
    It does look like an interesting O/S version.

• @TheBrokenBee said:

@DanSummer said:
    FAT32> @FrankZ said:

wait a minute! what's happening on Wednesday?

Ryzen upgrade winners are hoping to get upgraded.

Aha! Thanks.

• @nutjob said:

@FrankZ said:

Haven't tried this but I think it would work.

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Replacing_non-Alpine_Linux_with_Alpine_remotely

• @imok said:

@ZA_capetown said: Food is important.

Do people eat buffaloes?

Thanked by 1imok
  • @merlinvn said:

@nutjob said:

@FrankZ said:

Haven't tried this but I think it would work.

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Replacing_non-Alpine_Linux_with_Alpine_remotely

Ah, perfect, will give that a go if the ISO mounting doesn't come through, thanks.

• I've a flash sale deal from 2018 and when I requested to mount a custom ISO few months back, support did it without asking any question. It was ubuntu mini.iso

• Anyone can access VNC via panel ?

• SPIN THE WHEEL

• @pan21 said:
    when I click the VPS Control Panel link
    I got this error

Invalid vserverid or username

any idea how to fix this?

am I the only one got this "Invalid vserverid or username" error?
    any suggestions are much appreciated

• @blackeye said:
    Anyone can access VNC via panel ?

Yes, but haven't use it lately :smiley:

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2021

@pan21 said: am I the only one got this "Invalid vserverid or username" error?

Unfortunately all you can do is wait - it happens from time to time and @VirMach staff must fix somethings. If won't be fixed in like 48h then open ticket I guess.

• bayarea15bayarea15 Member
    edited December 2021

Just spent a couple hours trying to get netboot.xyz working. I have mounted netboot.xyz on the CDROM, then changed Boot Order to CDROM only. Finally got to the point where I could VNC properly (needed to dig up IE11 in order to use the SolusVM VNC Java applet, as HTML5 VNC client always shows Disconnected).

Now I am finding out 1.9 GB RAM isn't enough to do installs of latest distros like CentOS 8.5, Debian 11.

Edit: Looks like Debian 11 text-based installer is working.. can't use Live CD with such low RAM or it can't allocate something. CentOS 8.5 text-based installer ran out of memory though.

• @JabJab said:

@pan21 said: am I the only one got this "Invalid vserverid or username" error?

Unfortunately all you can do is wait - it happens from time to time and @VirMach staff must fix somethings. If won't be fixed in like 48h then open ticket I guess.

thanks, actually i opened a ticket, and they fixed it in approx 30 mins :p
    all good now

• >

@FrankZ said:

Stockholm, Sweden

Ok, noob question... So what's with all the buses and trains around here? Is it a captcha reference or what? Thanks

• @bayarea15 said:
    Just spent a couple hours trying to get netboot.xyz working. I have mounted netboot.xyz on the CDROM, then changed Boot Order to CDROM only. Finally got to the point where I could VNC properly (needed to dig up IE11 in order to use the SolusVM VNC Java applet, as HTML5 VNC client always shows Disconnected).

Now I am finding out 1.9 GB RAM isn't enough to do installs of latest distros like CentOS 8.5, Debian 11.

not a big fan of java, i tried html5 and realvnc but both crash
    and then ultravnc, it work but may lose screen randomly
    is there any other standalone non-java vnc viewer work with @VirMach

• btw @FAT32, the buffalo animation is cool :D

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @merlinvn said:

@blackeye said:

mine show black screen and always disconnected :(

• @blackeye said:

@merlinvn said:

@blackeye said:

Yes, I came across some KB articles on this. I think VirMach has to update their SSL cert and possibly some config files to allow HTML5 client to work again.

https://support.solus.io/hc/en-us/articles/360021039712-After-renewing-SSL-certificate-SolusVM-VNC-console-does-not-work-Server-disconnected

https://support.solus.io/hc/en-us/articles/360015040832-noVNC-does-not-work-and-HTML-5-console-fails-to-connect-Server-disconnected-code-1006-

• @bayarea15 said:

@blackeye said:

@merlinvn said:

@blackeye said:

Yes, I came across some KB articles on this. I think VirMach has to update their SSL cert and possibly some config files to allow HTML5 client to work again.

https://support.solus.io/hc/en-us/articles/360021039712-After-renewing-SSL-certificate-SolusVM-VNC-console-does-not-work-Server-disconnected

https://support.solus.io/hc/en-us/articles/360015040832-noVNC-does-not-work-and-HTML-5-console-fails-to-connect-Server-disconnected-code-1006-

@VirMach @VirMach @VirMach

• @blackeye said:

Stopped working on the new servers but still works fine on the old one I have with them.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2021

In SolusVM reinstall any Gen2 software (enables AES usually), then VNC when back online, not in the client area. At this point, you should be able to use VNC fine.
    Except this time it didn't work. SSVNC with no encryption connects fine, though not the best thing to do! I may have just been too quick in testing this for you - it worked fine on BF.

• donlidonli Member
    edited December 2021

@qulix said:

Ok, noob question... So what's with all the buses and trains around here? Is it a captcha reference or what? Thanks

For the answer to that one, you have to go back to 2018.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@imok said:

@ZA_capetown said: Food is important.

Do people eat buffaloes?

Yes, I have ground bison recipe.
    Bison is another name of buffalo.
    Ground bison tastes like ground beef, but there's better separate between pieces.

• SPIN THE WHEEL: