Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers - Page 46
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ 2021 Black Friday & Maybe Cyber Monday ★ SPIN THE WHEEL ★ Check inside for offers

Comments

• Too bad I don't know how to use that.

And I'm not in US. Last shipment from Virmach to Peru never arrived :(

• Hong Kong

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @imok said: Too bad I don't know how to use that.

>

Just insert into your PCI-e slot on the motherboard

• @imok said: Too bad I don't know how to use that.

You put the shiny pins (at bottom) part in PCI express slot in motherboard and it 'converts' it into M2 slot(s) for NVMe drives - you attach those on sides - you can even seen golden standoff/screw in middle of there for different length NVMes. I guess they used motherboard with NOT ENOUGH M2 slots and ordered those 'converters' to put more NVMes into server :-)

• @Ouji said:

@imok said: Too bad I don't know how to use that.

>

Just insert into your PCI-e slot on the motherboard

I don't have any

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@imok said: And I'm not in US. Last shipment from Virmach to Peru never arrived

Message me, I'll check and see if I still have the information for it and see what happened.

Thanked by 1imok
  • stephanukstephanuk Member
    edited November 2021

on my pc I still use HDD jaahajsa

• @VirMach any manual deals on flash sale page?

• I'm down with the idea if empty boxes. I can build them into a town and pretend to be godzilla while stomping and destroying them

• @JabJab said:

@imok said: Too bad I don't know how to use that.

You put the shiny pins (at bottom) part in PCI express slot in motherboard and it 'converts' it into M2 slot(s) for NVMe drives - you attach those on sides - you can even seen golden standoff/screw in middle of there for different length NVMes. I guess they used motherboard with NOT ENOUGH M2 slots and ordered those 'converters' to put more NVMes into server :-)

Oh I understand now. Too bad I don't have desktop PCs neither NVMe drives 😅

@JabJab said: I guess they used motherboard with NOT ENOUGH M2 slots and ordered those 'converters' to put more NVMes into server :-)

We're using older motherboards (at the time it was the only option, when we got most of them) that have only 2 PCIe lanes per M.2 slot. So it's not that we don't have enough, we were going to end up using the RAID controllers for all of them. Then we realized the RAID controllers had their own set of issues, so we're doing those for a limited number to see how it goes and then for the rest we're doing a combination of the slots on the motherboard at lower speeds for smaller size SSD and then one of these for 4TB.

We were going to also do it for the 2TB on some but since this shipment ended up being the wrong SKU (manufacturer's fault) we're short on them.

That means on Ryzen you'll either get (rare) RAID 10 NVMe, 2TB NVMe shared with less people but capped at 2 PCIe lanes, or 4TB shares with more people but capped at 4 PCIe lanes.

Some motherboards with 5 series Ryzen will have PCIe 4.0 but that'll initially be the rarest.

• Ticket #933621

@VirMach I am requesting your kind attention on my ticket, please. Its important and urgent.

I placed an order on Black Friday bot offers. During card payment it said failed and rejected my payment. I don't know why, but I am an old customer of your system with active vps. I used same information as I always did before and paid successfully before. But it got flagged today and rejected. Okay, then I placed same order using different payment method coinpayments. That one got fraud alert and puts on manual approval. Someone from your team approved it after few minutes. Then I went to make payment but in final page it was throwing browser errors and was not let me finish payment. At the same time I received notification that Virmach charged my card on first order then I went back to check the amount and I see it saying VIRMACH* CHECKOUT SHOP
    -13.92 USD . Which obviously not the amount of $24.94 for vps payment. Card provider said, other amount got refunded $24.94 and rejected by the merchant but they again charged 13.92$ as a subscription. I am not understanding where this hidden charges came from your billing system? Also, what I subscribe at? There's no invoice also on my account which says 13.92$. I have no problem if you taking this money for the vps that I ordered and I have to pay more to bring it to the original price. But I request your kind explanations on my ticket please as I am very anxious about whole scenario with this hidden charge without my awareness.

Reason of posting this because you stated to create any discussions here related to any issue of this offer. Even though there's a system generated ticket where I mentioned everything with screenshots and waiting for your answer, please.

• May I ask if I can buy 200GB more for these promotion server (flash sale)? And how much would it cost per year?

• TheBrokenBeeTheBrokenBee Member
    edited November 2021

@VirMach when will winners be upgrade to ryzen? I requested Seattle!

@goodone said:
    Ticket #933621

@VirMach I am requesting your kind attention on my ticket, please. Its important and urgent.

I placed an order on Black Friday bot offers. During card payment it said failed and rejected my payment. I don't know why, but I am an old customer of your system with active vps. I used same information as I always did before and paid successfully before. But it got flagged today and rejected. Okay, then I placed same order using different payment method coinpayments. That one got fraud alert and puts on manual approval. Someone from your team approved it after few minutes. Then I went to make payment but in final page it was throwing browser errors and was not let me finish payment. At the same time I received notification that Virmach charged my card on first order then I went back to check the amount and I see it saying VIRMACH* CHECKOUT SHOP
    -13.92 USD . Which obviously not the amount of $24.94 for vps payment. Card provider said, other amount got refunded $24.94 and rejected by the merchant but they again charged 13.92$ as a subscription. I am not understanding where this hidden charges came from your billing system? Also, what I subscribe at? There's no invoice also on my account which says 13.92$. I have no problem if you taking this money for the vps that I ordered and I have to pay more to bring it to the original price. But I request your kind explanations on my ticket please as I am very anxious about whole scenario with this hidden charge without my awareness.

Reason of posting this because you stated to create any discussions here related to any issue of this offer. Even though there's a system generated ticket where I mentioned everything with screenshots and waiting for your answer, please.

You'll receive a response for any billing issue like that but please understand it will take some time as we clear out all these types of tickets.

@astmach said:
    Hi, ordered a 512 MB VPS, Your Order Number is: 1793837126

Will do this in a moment. Quoting it so I have a placeholder.

Wow, that was a long moment. Spinning now.

Thanked by 2tototo FAT32
  • Noisy wheel

• I love it.

Next year should be a bingo.

• @imok said:
    Noisy wheel

I like that sound :)

Thanked by 1imok

@Fritz said:
    @VirMach

Spin for me please.

Order Number is: 7624922502

Good luck!

• I have a feeling you should have bought some servo/robot to spin that wheel, you gonna die after spinning all of those :D

• @VirMach said:

@goodone said:
    Ticket #933621

You'll receive a response for any billing issue like that but please understand it will take some time as we clear out all these types of tickets.

Okay, Thank you. I am looking forward to a response from the billing department. What I am worried about is that this $13.92 unknown charge from Virmach system going to be settled by 7th December as it is written in the transaction message on my statement. And they can activate original order payment. I hope support response will be sooner.

@aerir said:
    if spinny thingy is still on

Thanked by 1aerir
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

also just realized it says REFOUND on wheel. You hate the word Refund that much? :D

Thanked by 1imok

@linwong said:
    If it's still going, spin please.

Invoice 1335673

Wow I was actually starting to have fun and then I remembered some monster thought it'd be a good idea to implement that one into the wheel.

• @VirMach said:

@aerir said:
    if spinny thingy is still on

I thought my VPS got cancelled when a refund email came through :D
    Thanks @VirMach!

• @VirMach said:
    Anyone interested in PCIe 3.0 x 16 to M.2 Adapters with bad heatsinks as a prize? We put in a bulk order for them from a manufacturer in China but they sent the wrong parts and it costs more money to send it back than the refund they'd provide.

They're slightly larger than 1U in size (that's the issue) but should fit fine into any consumer PC case. I'll throw them in for free for the NVMe prize winners if I remember.

Could definitely be handy lol. Tho prolly still not worth shipping to Oz

These 3 are being skipped due to the above spin. Sorry!

Last time I still spun these when it came on a skip so I'll go ahead and do that again.

@vpakeyfoe said:
    @VirMach Invoice #1337113, please. :)

@DaweiHsu said:
    order number is: 1335600
    Please spin the wheel for me.

@techel said:
    Please spin the wheel for me and do your magic.
    Order number : 1336693

So it looks like @vpakeyfoe got saved from a lump of coal and then another skip 3 would have happened.

Thanked by 1imok

@BHS said:
    Your Order Number is: 7773138051

Single Core     | 293                           
    Multi Core      | 300                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11238142

Bad

Looks like you already did a spin. I'm only saying that because it looks like you got a full refund to store credit for it, let me know if it's wrong.

For performance issue, please make a ticket.

• @VirMach said:

You can cancel your December gym membership. Hard spin! :)