Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ OVHcloud BLACK FRIDAY ★ VPS from $3.57 ★ Dedi Servers from $57 ★ $500 Cloud Credit ★ APAC NAM EU - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ OVHcloud BLACK FRIDAY ★ VPS from $3.57 ★ Dedi Servers from $57 ★ $500 Cloud Credit ★ APAC NAM EU

Comments

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@suricloud said:
    are vps with 24 months payment recuring?

Hello @suricloud , the VPS offers are recurring for 24 months if you take the 24-month commitment and recurring for 12 months if you take the 12-month commitment. After the first committed period you can choose in your control panel to go month by month (full price) or commit again for 12 or 24 months
    (usually you will get a 5% and 10% discount).
    Hope this helps

• @OVH_APAC what if someone after 10 months wants to "uncommit" ? Still pays up by 24m ?

• @OVH_APAC, The USA DC VPS promo "BF21-VPSESS-1M" is this only valid for 1 Month or is the discount recurring for the duration of stay? When choosing 12 or 24 Months commits, the BF promo code disappears and only get 8% for 12 Mon or 15% for 24 Mon commits pricing.

@amarc said:
    @OVH_APAC what if someone after 10 months wants to "uncommit" ? Still pays up by 24m ?

Hello @amarc
    Similar to any contract you would need to pay the balance remaining till the end of the committed period. However If the reason is because you want to upgrade your services you should contact our support team or local sales team to discuss.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited November 2021

@OVH_APAC said:

@amarc said:
    @OVH_APAC what if someone after 10 months wants to "uncommit" ? Still pays up by 24m ?

Hello @amarc
    Similar to any contract you would need to pay the balance remaining till the end of the committed period. However If the reason is because you want to upgrade your services you should contact our support team or local sales team to discuss.

How about if I want to cancel a SYS server that I renewed for an additional quarter, and have just upgraded to a more powerful OVH server?

In the past, I was told by your SYS support that was indeed possible to transfer the remaining time to the OVH server. Is that still the case?

edited November 2021

@bula said:
    @OVH_APAC, The USA DC VPS promo "BF21-VPSESS-1M" is this only valid for 1 Month or is the discount recurring for the duration of stay? When choosing 12 or 24 Months commits, the BF promo code disappears and only get 8% for 12 Mon or 15% for 24 Mon commits pricing.

Hello @bula, Let me double check with our US counterpart first and get back to you. Our US subsidiary runs slightly different promo than we do in Apac/Europe/Canada. Thanks for your patience

Thanked by 1bula

@K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@amarc said:

Hello @amarc

How about if I want to cancel a SYS server that I renewed for an additional quarter, and have just upgraded to a more powerful OVH server?

In the past, I was told by your SYS support that was indeed possible to transfer the remaining time to the OVH server. Is that still the case?

Hello @K4Y5, I will re-confirm with our support team but since they are 2 different brands and 2 different control panel I doubt they can transfer time indeed.

• @OVH_APAC said:

@K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@amarc said:

Hello @amarc

Hello @K4Y5, I will re-confirm with our support team but since they are 2 different brands and 2 different control panel I doubt they can transfer time indeed.

i left a message

• @OVH_APAC said:

@K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@amarc said:

Hello @amarc

Thanks. I had been told by one of your colleagues at SYS a couple of years ago very clearly that remaining time on server in my SYS IE account could be transferred over to a server within my OVH IE account.

Regardless, I look forward to a definitive response from you soon.

Cheers.

• nocloudnocloud Member
    edited November 2021

Someone (who probably has targets to keep their job and forced to make sales) in a call center told you 2 years ago....

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ShadosShados Member
    edited November 2021

Damn, I was briefly hyped until I realised that the Game-LE offering is not available in Australia. Now I'm just disappointed.

@OVH_APAC said:

@bula said:
    @OVH_APAC, The USA DC VPS promo "BF21-VPSESS-1M" is this only valid for 1 Month or is the discount recurring for the duration of stay? When choosing 12 or 24 Months commits, the BF promo code disappears and only get 8% for 12 Mon or 15% for 24 Mon commits pricing.

Hello @bula, Let me double check with our US counterpart first and get back to you. Our US subsidiary runs slightly different promo than we do in Apac/Europe/Canada. Thanks for your patience

Hello @bula , I confirm the Black friday promo on the OVHcloud US website for the VPS essential is recurring for as long as you keep your server.
    To the LET community: For those after OVHcloud services hosted in the USA, they will need to be subscribed via the US website (link above).

@Shados said:
    Damn, I was briefly hyped until I realised that the Game-LE offering is not available in Australia. Now I'm just disappointed.

Hello @Shados , stay tuned we will launch EOY or early next year some Ryzen ZEN3 Dedicated Game servers in Australia too! https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-au/bare-metal/game/prices/

• @OVH_APAC said:
    Hello @bula , I confirm the Black friday promo on the OVHcloud US website for the VPS essential is recurring for as long as you keep your server.
    To the LET community: For those after OVHcloud services hosted in the USA, they will need to be subscribed via the US website (link above).

Thank You, I also received the same information form Pascal Jaillon, very quick in responses.

• @nocloud said:
    Someone (who probably has targets to keep their job and forced to make sales) in a call center told you 2 years ago....

It was in response to my ticket on SYS. I have it in writing, fwiw :lol:

@K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@amarc said:

Hello @amarc

Thanks. I had been told by one of your colleagues at SYS a couple of years ago very clearly that remaining time on server in my SYS IE account could be transferred over to a server within my OVH IE account.

Cheers.

Hello @K4Y5 , I have been told it is feasible indeed, I suggest you to contact support and explain your case.

• @OVH_APAC said:

@K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@amarc said:

Hello @amarc

Cheers.

Hello @K4Y5 , I have been told it is feasible indeed, I suggest you to contact support and explain your case.

Thanks for confirming this @OVH_APAC.

I reached out to SYS support a couple of days back to take them up on it. However, they claim to have "lost" the old ticket. Hence, no dice. :lol:

Posted on twitter, but that didn't help either.

• @K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@K4Y5 said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@amarc said:

Hello @amarc

Cheers.

Thanks for confirming this @OVH_APAC.

I reached out to SYS support a couple of days back to take them up on it. However, they claim to have "lost" the old ticket. Hence, no dice. :lol:

Posted on twitter, but that didn't help either.

Twitter is used to report data center fires only.

Thanked by 3vimalware bsh tux
  • Can anyone post RISE-LEx YABS? Especially in SBG.

• Region: Europe  https://bench.monster v.1.5.7 2021-10-06 
     Usage : curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -Europe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     OS           : Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : Dedicated / 5.4.0-90-generic
     CPU Model    : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2274G CPU @ 4.00GHz
     CPU Cores    : 8 @ 4198.666 MHz x86_64 8192 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
     Load Average : 0.01, 0.08, 0.08
     Total Space  : 871G (5.1G ~1% used)
     Total RAM    : 64060 MB (1202 MB + 1318 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 47999 MB (0 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 0 days 10:45
     ASN & ISP    : AS16276, OVH SAS
     Organization : OVH
     Location     : Strasbourg, France / FR
     Region       : Grand Est

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 6394  (THE BEAST)
       Multi Core : 20786

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 182 MB/s
       sha256     : 285 MB/s
       md5sum     : 821 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 5700.3 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 11127.5 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 1.0 GB/s
       2nd run    : 1.0 GB/s
       3rd run    : 1.0 GB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 1024.0 MB/s

## Europe Speedtest.net

Location                         Upload           Download         Ping   
     Nearby                           487.13 Mbit/s    1561.36 Mbit/s   18.115 ms
     UK, London (toob Ltd)            319.24 Mbit/s    362.56 Mbit/s    14.486 ms
     Netherlands, Amsterdam (MaxiTEL) 55.72 Mbit/s     1.60 Mbit/s      17.886 ms
     Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET)        404.02 Mbit/s    2775.79 Mbit/s   13.603 ms
     Germany, Munich (InterNetX)      472.68 Mbit/s    395.47 Mbit/s     8.929 ms
     Denmark, Copenhagen (Fiberby)    353.63 Mbit/s    1184.00 Mbit/s    9.184 ms
     Sweden, Stockholm (SUNET)        160.23 Mbit/s    1544.96 Mbit/s   30.766 ms
     Norway, Oslo (NextGenTel)        301.76 Mbit/s    1480.37 Mbit/s   31.487 ms
     France, Lyon (SFR)               162.39 Mbit/s    2415.10 Mbit/s   12.182 ms
     Spain, Madrid (MasMovil)         421.68 Mbit/s    497.77 Mbit/s    22.258 ms
     Italy, Rome (Unidata)            266.99 Mbit/s    1281.46 Mbit/s   37.377 ms
     Czechia, Prague (Dial Telecom)   284.70 Mbit/s    1870.22 Mbit/s   20.528 ms
     Austria, Vienna (A1)             341.54 Mbit/s    1159.35 Mbit/s   14.323 ms
     Poland, Warsaw (Orange)          387.96 Mbit/s    1926.99 Mbit/s   23.760 ms
     Ukraine, Kyiv (KyivStar)         220.46 Mbit/s    440.34 Mbit/s    35.778 ms
     Latvia, Riga (Bite)              141.77 Mbit/s    930.12 Mbit/s    44.012 ms
     Russia, Moscow (Rostelecom)      113.65 Mbit/s    862.12 Mbit/s    54.120 ms
     Romania, Bucharest (DOTRO Tel)   98.09 Mbit/s     173.68 Mbit/s   181.981 ms
     Greece, Athens (GRNET)           302.35 Mbit/s    1140.19 Mbit/s   43.429 ms

Timestamp   : 2021-11-25 20:22:31 GMT

Not a yabs but a bench.monster for you. I don't like the upstream (for 500mbit/s it should be better for most european countries), but irl it feels faster than those numbers reported here.

• Too bad you don't offer recurring discounts on your VPS line!

• OstCollectorOstCollector Member
    edited November 2021

It will be great if a SSD of 240~480GB can be an upgrade for HDD only dedis

• @OVH_APAC what CPU does vps value offer?

• @OhJohn said:
    Region: Europe https://bench.monster v.1.5.7 2021-10-06
    Usage : curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -Europe

Virt/Kernel : Dedicated / 5.4.0-90-generic
    CPU Model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2274G CPU @ 4.00GHz
    CPU Cores : 8 @ 4198.666 MHz x86_64 8192 KB Cache
    CPU Flags : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
    Load Average : 0.01, 0.08, 0.08
    Total Space : 871G (5.1G ~1% used)
    Total RAM : 64060 MB (1202 MB + 1318 MB Buff in use)
    Total SWAP : 47999 MB (0 MB in use)
    Uptime : 0 days 10:45
    ASN & ISP : AS16276, OVH SAS
    Organization : OVH
    Region : Grand Est

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 6394 (THE BEAST)
    Multi Core : 20786

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
    bzip2 : 182 MB/s
    sha256 : 285 MB/s
    md5sum : 821 MB/s

RAM Speed:
    Avg. write : 5700.3 MB/s
    Avg. read : 11127.5 MB/s

Disk Speed:
    1st run : 1.0 GB/s
    2nd run : 1.0 GB/s
    3rd run : 1.0 GB/s
    -----------------------
    Average : 1024.0 MB/s

## Europe Speedtest.net

Location Upload Download Ping
    Nearby 487.13 Mbit/s 1561.36 Mbit/s 18.115 ms
    UK, London (toob Ltd) 319.24 Mbit/s 362.56 Mbit/s 14.486 ms
    Netherlands, Amsterdam (MaxiTEL) 55.72 Mbit/s 1.60 Mbit/s 17.886 ms
    Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET) 404.02 Mbit/s 2775.79 Mbit/s 13.603 ms
    Germany, Munich (InterNetX) 472.68 Mbit/s 395.47 Mbit/s 8.929 ms
    Denmark, Copenhagen (Fiberby) 353.63 Mbit/s 1184.00 Mbit/s 9.184 ms
    Sweden, Stockholm (SUNET) 160.23 Mbit/s 1544.96 Mbit/s 30.766 ms
    Norway, Oslo (NextGenTel) 301.76 Mbit/s 1480.37 Mbit/s 31.487 ms
    France, Lyon (SFR) 162.39 Mbit/s 2415.10 Mbit/s 12.182 ms
    Spain, Madrid (MasMovil) 421.68 Mbit/s 497.77 Mbit/s 22.258 ms
    Italy, Rome (Unidata) 266.99 Mbit/s 1281.46 Mbit/s 37.377 ms
    Czechia, Prague (Dial Telecom) 284.70 Mbit/s 1870.22 Mbit/s 20.528 ms
    Austria, Vienna (A1) 341.54 Mbit/s 1159.35 Mbit/s 14.323 ms
    Poland, Warsaw (Orange) 387.96 Mbit/s 1926.99 Mbit/s 23.760 ms
    Ukraine, Kyiv (KyivStar) 220.46 Mbit/s 440.34 Mbit/s 35.778 ms
    Latvia, Riga (Bite) 141.77 Mbit/s 930.12 Mbit/s 44.012 ms
    Russia, Moscow (Rostelecom) 113.65 Mbit/s 862.12 Mbit/s 54.120 ms
    Romania, Bucharest (DOTRO Tel) 98.09 Mbit/s 173.68 Mbit/s 181.981 ms
    Greece, Athens (GRNET) 302.35 Mbit/s 1140.19 Mbit/s 43.429 ms

Timestamp : 2021-11-25 20:22:31 GMT

Not a yabs but a bench.monster for you. I don't like the upstream (for 500mbit/s it should be better for most european countries), but irl it feels faster than those numbers reported here.

Still not too bad for RISE series..

Does anyone have Rise-LE1 benchmark with YABS or Monster or whatever?

@pbx said:
    Too bad you don't offer recurring discounts on your VPS line!

Hello @pbx, the 40% offer on VPS is recurring for 24months with a 24 month commitment. Past this first 24-month period you can choose to go month-to-month or re-commit with a discount (around 10% ).

@dosai said:
    @OVH_APAC what CPU does vps value offer?

Hello @dosai ,
    They are few CPUs in used but they are all Intel Xeon with 2.2Ghz minimum (Haswell).

Thanked by 1dosai

@OVH_APAC said:

Black Friday Deals have Begun! These offers are valid until 29th Nov'21 (unless sold out prior):

Exclusive offers at a glance:

1. Asia-Pacific Advance Dedicated server Limited-Edition: 2x more traffic included was 25TB now 50TB/month @1Gbps bandwidth. US$88/month on a 12-month plan and No setup fee | Offer is paid monthly and recurring for as long as you keep your server
    2. Limited Edition RISE Dedicated servers (RISE-LE-X): Europe and NAM locations | US$57/month on a 12-month plan and No setup fee | Offer is paid monthly and recurring for as long as you keep your server. Get 5% off additional with code EXTRA5
    3. VPS SSD NVMe Plans at 40% OFF: $3.57/month on a 24-month plan (Offer is paid monthly and recurring for 24 months)
    4. Free $500 Cloud Credits valid on all our Public Cloud services (All computing resources, storage, kubernetes, PaaS, DBaaS..) Valid in all cloud regions except APAC regions.

🛒 View all deals:

1) 🇦🇺 Advance-APAC-LE Dedicated Server

• Intel Xeon E-2136 - 6c/12t – 3.3 GHz/4.5GHz
    • 32GB DDR4 ECC 2666 MHz (up to 128GB paid option available)
    • 2x4TB SATA Soft RAID HDD (or up to 2x 1TB SSD NVMe paid option available)
    • Hosted in Asia-Pacific datacenter (Sydney & Singapore)
    • Public Outgoing bandwidth: 50TB per month 1Gbps bandwidth (various unmetered paid options available)
    • Public Incoming bandwidth: Unmetered - 1Gbps bandwidth
    • Private bandwidth: 100Mbps bandwidth Unmetered (1Gbps unmetered paid option available)
    • Anti-DDoS Protection included
    • 500GB free backup storage space (up to 10TB paid options)
    • Each server has a public IPv4 address and an IPv6 address range (Up to 256 IPv4 with one-off fee/IPv4 – no monthly recurring fee)
    • US$87.84/month on a 12-month plan and No setup fee | Offer is paid monthly and recurring for as long as you keep your server

2) Limited Edition Dedicated Server RISE – Hosted in Europe and NAM locations

Rise-LE-1 Dedicated Server

• Intel Xeon D-2123IT 4 c/ 8 t - 2.20GHz/3.00GHz
    • 32GB DDR4 ECC 2400 MHz
    • 2x4TB SATA HDD Or 2x512GB SoftRaid NVMe SSD
    • 500Mbps bandwidth Unmetered
    • Anti-DDoS Protection included
    • 500GB free backup storage space (up to 10TB paid options)
    • Each server has a public IPv4 address and an IPv6 address range (Up to 256 IPv4 with one-off fee/IPv4 – no monthly recurring fee)
    • US$56.75/month on a 12-month plan and No setup fee | Offer is paid monthly and recurring for as long as you keep your server

3) VPS offers on Value/Essential/Comfort/Elite Plans in APAC EU and NAM regions

• Without commitment : 25% off for 1 month only + Automatic backup option free for 1 month
    • With 12 months commitment : 20% off for 12 months (monthly payment) + Automatic backup option free for 3 months
    • With 24 months commitment : 40% off for 24 months (monthly payment) + Automatic backup option free for 6 months

VPS Value

• 1 vCore

• 2GB RAM
    • 40GB SSD SATA
    • Unmetered Traffic @ 250Mbps (except Asia-Pacific data centers 1TB Traffic/month @ 250Mbps*)
    • $3.57/month for 24 months with a 24-month commitment

VPS Essential

• 2 vCores

• 4GB RAM
    • 80GB SSD SATA
    • Unmetered Traffic @ 500Mbps (except Asia-Pacific data centers 2TB Traffic/month @ 500Mbps*)
    • $6.84/month for 24 months with a 24-month commitment in Asia-Pacific datacenters Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded.

4) Public Cloud $500 credit offer

Discover OVHcloud S.M.A.R.T Public Cloud solution: Simple, Multi-local, Accessible, Reversible, Transparent

• Exclusive offer: Get $500 Free Cloud Credits
    • Valid for all new Public Cloud customers only
    • Note: Free Credit valid for all regions except Asia-Pacific datacenters (Australia and Singapore)

Start deploying cloud resources seamlessly and within minutes

• Flexible and scalable on-demand resources: compute and storage.

• Best price-performance ratio and price-storage ratio
    • Available in cloud regions worldwide – including Europe and North-America
    • Pay-as-you-Go: Hourly billing or monthly (50% cheaper than hourly)
    • Guaranteed resources servers (RAM, CPU), 100% of the time. (harness the full power of your server at any time)
    • Triple replication storage

Claim your free credit here: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/lp/public-cloud-trial/?CampaignName=blackfriday-1121

About OVH
    OVHcloud is a global player and the leading European cloud provider operating 400,000 servers within its own 32 data centers across 4 continents. For more than 20 years, the Group has been leveraging an integrated model that provides full control of our value chain, from designing our servers to managing our data centers through to orchestrating our fibre-optic network. This unique approach enables OVHcloud to cover, independently, the full spectrum of use cases for our 1.6 million customers across 140 countries. OVHcloud now offers customers the latest-generation solutions that combine high performance, predictable pricing and full data sovereignty to support their unfettered growth. Read more: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-au/about-us/who-are/

Hello All,
    For this CYBER MONDAY, we are offering an:

• Extra 10% off on SYS-LE with code EXTRA10
    • Extra 5% off on RISE-LE with code EXTRA5
    • Discount is recurring and Limited quantities are available

🛒 View all deals:

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@OVH_APAC Dear sir, please encourage OVH CA to accept American Express payments.

• Just ordered one Advance-APAC-LE, regrettably EXTRA* not applicable

@MikeA said:
    @OVH_APAC Dear sir, please encourage OVH CA to accept American Express payments.

Hello @MikeA , We do not offer AMEX payments directly but I believe you can use AMEX via paypal.
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.