Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to locate USD 2.50/m plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unable to locate USD 2.50/m plan

jerry_mejerry_me Member
edited November 2021 in General

Link : https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanked by 1mcgree

Comments

• Out of stock is normal with buyvm.

• image "The 512MB plans are no longer sustainable"

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Question should be "Unable to locate USD 2.50/m plan"
    Looks like they have discontinued it silently.

Have you tried contacting them ?

@Francisco , 512 MB plan no longer available?

Thanked by 1jerry_me
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Official answer from Fran on their Discord:

we're putting some limits on how many 512's we sell to better manage IP usage

• only if you could somehow ask the provider directly... Like a ticket or chat with sales on the website.

I am slowly getting going to join cult 'This is just a spam to make Fran show up on main page' with just another topic.

Thanked by 1Bastion
  • Good....man

• It looks like you also can't buy a additional regular ip address anymore.

• @bregaraab said:
    Good....man

Congrats on your first post

• @angstrom said: Congrats on your first post

Do you have any script/bot that tells you about people who made their first post?

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@Hotmarer said:
    It looks like you also can't buy a additional regular ip address anymore.

Is this true @Francisco ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@alento said:

@Hotmarer said:

We've limited additional IP's at the moment since we've had some abuse with that. Users that need to add/remove can ticket and we'll gladly fill the order.

As for 512's, we don't intend to stock them for the rest of the year. They've been a bit problematic for CPU abuse so until I finish the CPU capping stuff we'll just restrict them.

I have no idea if they'll come back next year, we'll see how it goes.

I recommend not cancelling yours if you think you'll need it down the road :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@alento said:

@Hotmarer said:

We've limited additional IP's at the moment since we've had some abuse with that. Users that need to add/remove can ticket and we'll gladly fill the order.

As for 512's, we don't intend to stock them for the rest of the year. They've been a bit problematic for CPU abuse so until I finish the CPU capping stuff we'll just restrict them.

I recommend not cancelling yours if you think you'll need it down the road :)

Francisco

That’s unfortunate, I need Miami for the set and my OCD means I’ll have to cancel the other three!

@Nekki said: That’s unfortunate, I need Miami for the set and my OCD means I’ll have to cancel the other three!

We've helped a few users that need/want it for Anycast once that's enabled.

I don't know if you're trolling or not these days, but if you have services, just ticket, we'll help you out.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Nekki yoursunny Erisa
  • @Francisco said:

@Nekki said: That’s unfortunate, I need Miami for the set and my OCD means I’ll have to cancel the other three!

We've helped a few users that need/want it for Anycast once that's enabled.

I don't know if you're trolling or not these days

That, my dear, makes two of us.

but if you have services, just ticket, we'll help you out.

Ever the consummate professional.

• First time idling something would've been useful. 😢

I recently cancelled two which I actually need now.

Thanked by 2dahartigan idleparty
  • @jmgcaguicla said:
    First time idling something would've been useful. 😢

I recently cancelled two which I actually need now.

Rookie error. This is why we idle sir

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Francisco said: As for 512's, we don't intend to stock them for the rest of the year. They've been a bit problematic for CPU abuse so until I finish the CPU capping stuff we'll just restrict them.

Can I request one in Miami for Anycast once you require it? I'm averaging ~1-3% CPU usage on my 512MB VPSes in New York and Luxembourg.

What if I want to downgrade a 4096MB VPS to 512MB at some point?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see your "We've helped a few users that need/want it " comment above - I loaded the thread before you posted that.

@Daniel15 said:

@Francisco said: As for 512's, we don't intend to stock them for the rest of the year. They've been a bit problematic for CPU abuse so until I finish the CPU capping stuff we'll just restrict them.

Can I request one in Miami for Anycast once you require it? I'm averaging ~1-3% CPU usage on my 512MB VPSes in New York and Luxembourg.

What if I want to downgrade a 4096MB VPS to 512MB at some point?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see your "We've helped a few users that need/want it " comment above - I loaded the thread before you posted that.

Anycast users will be given reserved stock to make sure they don't get screwed :)

Downgrading isn't possible.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • Provide IPv6 Only option and adjust the price even lower.

• I’m lazy so I’ll just ask here; any slabs in Luxembourg soon?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@mcgree said:
    Provide IPv6 Only option and adjust the price even lower.

@Wicked said:
    I’m lazy so I’ll just ask here; any slabs in Luxembourg soon?

Having a hell of a time getting new drives. I keep getting sold 'new to us' drives, which usually have 4 - 5 years on them. I've sent back a couple orders already for that.

@mcgree said:

This will cause nothing but grief I feel. People buying it then charging back/raging because they can't connect. Blah bah, NAT sucks.

Francisco

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

@mcgree said:

This will cause nothing but grief I feel. People buying it then charging back/raging because they can't connect. Blah bah, NAT sucks.

Francisco

I think they are meaning with no IPv4 at all. No NAT. Just IPv6.

• I'm specifically on the lookout for IPv6-only servers this BF, provided they are proportionately priced given the lack of expensive IPv4.

@DataIdeas-Josh said: I think they are meaning with no IPv4 at all. No NAT. Just IPv6.

I just think it's a headache waiting to happen.

Could be an option for people using our private LAN's and have their own gateway box, but yeah.

Francisco

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Wish i could transfer my 512 but Karen said no.

• @skorupion said:

If Karen says no, it’s for a good reason.

I was going to offer mine up for transfer, especially given that there’s no LUX slabs on the horizon, but if Karen says no I guess they’re just not getting renewed.

@Nekki said: I was going to offer mine up for transfer, especially given that there’s no LUX slabs on the horizon, but if Karen says no I guess they’re just not getting renewed.

Slabs always come up on the 1st. You can ticket right at the start of the month and she'll try to reserve stock for active users before new bloods.

She's blocking transfers on 512MB's so we don't have another 128MB black market fiasco like we did many years ago.

Francisco

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@skorupion said:

If Karen says no, it’s for a good reason.

I was going to offer mine up for transfer, especially given that there’s no LUX slabs on the horizon, but if Karen says no I guess they’re just not getting renewed.

Ye I'm thinking about not renewing, maybe @Francisco could change that ROFL

@skorupion said: Ye I'm thinking about not renewing, maybe @Francisco could change that ROFL

If you're annoyed over the lack of a slab then i'd ask in the ticket if she has anything.

We get around 10 - 30TB per month in LUX during the 1st week. I'll ask her to reserve the December stock for active degenerates.

Francisco

Thanked by 1typicalGtaTG