Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of GSuite after January 2022 [*] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end of GSuite after January 2022 [*]

2»

Comments

• @AXYZE said:

@AWITM said:
    I'm on the Google Workspace Business Standard plan that should be limited to 2 TB, but at this point I still have unlimited.

I've red people saying the Enterprise Standard plan has unlimited storage, this is true, but officially only if you have 5 or more users in your business. If your under 5 users, you only get 1 TB, per user.

It's the question if Google will every enforce this limit, but if they do, you will be limit to 1 TB with only 1 user paying $20 a month.

At this point I'm looking to maybe switch to Jottacloud for personal files and 1Fichier for strongly encrypted backups, but I understand this will not be a option for people with 5 TB+ because of the speed limit at Jottacloud for users above 5 TB of storage.

If they enforce limit then just buy more users and share your plan with GOOD friends. If you want solid encryption then use 'rclone crypt' for it. for you it will be transparent :)

I'm sure somebody from your friends would want cold storage for theirfamily photos etc, you can get even like 10 people, tell them to make zip with password and you would upload it haha easy business

Of course, I understand this. But at this point I don't have much people that would be interested in that. My family and friends have enough using Google Photos or iCloud with a maximum of 1 TB. They don't use 2 TB+ like I do.

• Did anyone 'upgrade' to Google Enterprise Standard? Or do I need the Enterprise Plus to keep unlimited storage?

• @caracal said:
    Did anyone 'upgrade' to Google Enterprise Standard? Or do I need the Enterprise Plus to keep unlimited storage?

People upgrade to Google Enterprise Standard to get unlimited storage. So at this point no need to go to Enterprise Plus :)

• @TheKiller said:

@JabJab said:
    No word about legacy free edition forced migration to paying thing. Hell yeah :-D

They are sending emails to gsuite free edition users to migrate within 15 days or their account will be forced closed.

At least 3 of my friends got this email. Seems like Google desperately wants to get paying customers, they are losing to Office 365 big time which has over 100m paying customers.

Moves like these is exactly why people decide to go with Office 365 in the first time. At least that is what I've experienced in the last years.

• @Tilaa said:

@TheKiller said:

@JabJab said:
    No word about legacy free edition forced migration to paying thing. Hell yeah :-D

They are sending emails to gsuite free edition users to migrate within 15 days or their account will be forced closed.

At least 3 of my friends got this email. Seems like Google desperately wants to get paying customers, they are losing to Office 365 big time which has over 100m paying customers.

Moves like these is exactly why people decide to go with Office 365 in the first time. At least that is what I've experienced in the last years.

But also Microsoft is making changes in their Microsoft 365 offering. From March 2022 you have to pay 20% extra for your monthly contract.

Everybody wants to make money and they can.

• @AWITM Talk is easy. Would you mind to share some proof?

• @TheKiller said:

@JabJab said:

No email here neither.