Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


The end of GSuite after January 2022 [*]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

The end of GSuite after January 2022 [*]

MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
edited November 2021 in General

Not surprisingly Google is about to start shutting down G Suite after January 31 2022.

Here is translated email I got from Google:

Good morning,

we previously notified you that your G Suite subscription would be migrated to Google Workspace. We are now informing you that you can now start the migration. There are 2 options available:

Option 1 (recommended): transfer yourself in a few simple steps.
Option 2: automatic transfer by Google if your organisation meets the required conditions*. Option available from 31 January 2022. You will be notified at least 30 days in advance of the transfer date.

  • We determine the date your organization will be eligible to transfer based on the features your organization uses. The date must be after the end of your current annual / fixed term subscription (if your organisation uses one). Find out more about your current subscription.

What do I need to do?
Review the comprehensive subscription comparison and select the option that best fits your organisation's needs. Then select a new subscription offer in the administration console.

If you choose not to select a new subscription offer, Google will easily transfer your organization to a new Google Workspace subscription based on what features you currently use in G Suite. For most customers, the transfer will not change prices. However, in some cases, pricing may vary depending on your specific usage.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Basically Google in it's omniscience gives you two options:

  • to migrate manually now (heh)
  • automatic migration after January 31 2022 (date will be announced 30 days before migration). The migration must happen after end of your current billing period.

Oh, btw. if you now want to access admin.google.com you are forced to accept new Workplace's Terms and Conditions

«1

Comments

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Google is running out of letters and words for their stuff at this point.

    Google NIgh

    GoOgLe PMS

    Google Dick

    I doubt they will use any of those tho.

    Thanked by 1bdl
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2021

    You shouldve gotten Google Workspaces Enterprise Standard for 17€. Basically the same thing.

    Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • I took the plunge and upgraded my account before that date. So far so good..

    • And we still don't have any functionality to migrate free G suite accounts to a personal Google account :|
  • @MrPsycho said: G Suite subscription would be migrated to Google Workspace.

    borgspeak here: https://support.google.com/channelservices/answer/10768108?hl=en

  • You want to switch to "enterprise standard" for unlimited gdrive.

  • @dahartigan said:
    You want to switch to "enterprise standard" for unlimited gdrive.

    Cost?

  • @user123 said:

    @dahartigan said:
    You want to switch to "enterprise standard" for unlimited gdrive.

    Cost?

    $28.00 AUD per month

    I can't see it in USD and unfortunately Google hide the enterprise pricing for some reason. It went up from $18 on the Gsuite business plan if that helps.

  • No word about legacy free edition forced migration to paying thing. Hell yeah :-D

  • @dahartigan said:

    @user123 said:

    @dahartigan said:
    You want to switch to "enterprise standard" for unlimited gdrive.

    Cost?

    $28.00 AUD per month

    I can't see it in USD and unfortunately Google hide the enterprise pricing for some reason. It went up from $18 on the Gsuite business plan if that helps.

    Enterprise Standard is $20 USD/month/user.
    Enterprise Plus is $30 USD/month/user.

  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

    When was this sent out?

  • RIP Gsuite, got my email yesterday.

  • @JabJab said:
    No word about legacy free edition forced migration to paying thing. Hell yeah :-D

    This. I wonder if they'll be forced to be moved to a paid plan.

  • ArkasArkas Moderator

    Office 365 all over again.

  • @pullangcubo said:

    @JabJab said:
    No word about legacy free edition forced migration to paying thing. Hell yeah :-D

    This. I wonder if they'll be forced to be moved to a paid plan.

    It's still free.

  • @JabJab said:
    No word about legacy free edition forced migration to paying thing. Hell yeah :-D

    Woot, I can keep my 500 user Gsuite legacy then.
    The main drawback is the space only 15GB.

  • typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

    hmm... Sorry if this sounds stupid but what's the difference?

    I currently have workspace basic for $1.6/mo and it's great since I use Gmail/Gdrive/Tasks..etc, a whole lot. But I'm wondering what the Gsuite subscription used to include previously that they're migrating their old users now.

  • @typicalGtaTG said: what's the difference?

    The old GSuite Business (about $12) offered unlimited GDrive. Some of us used that as cheap backup/plex media storage.

    Now we are forced to upgrade to higher plan (Workplace Enterprise) to keep our unlimited GDrive. That's about it.

    Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @JabJab said:
    No word about legacy free edition forced migration to paying thing. Hell yeah :-D

    They are sending emails to gsuite free edition users to migrate within 15 days or their account will be forced closed.

    At least 3 of my friends got this email. Seems like Google desperately wants to get paying customers, they are losing to Office 365 big time which has over 100m paying customers.

  • I didn't get any email like this, weird.
    Anybody from here is from Poland and has GSuite and can confirm that he got such mail? Because if not then it seems like people who are with "Google Cloud Poland Sp. z o.o." won't be migrated anytime soon.

  • @TheKiller said:

    @JabJab said:
    No word about legacy free edition forced migration to paying thing. Hell yeah :-D

    They are sending emails to gsuite free edition users to migrate within 15 days or their account will be forced closed.

    At least 3 of my friends got this email. Seems like Google desperately wants to get paying customers, they are losing to Office 365 big time which has over 100m paying customers.

    Ouch I haven't received this yet.

  • No e-mail either.

    However I am from Poland and was migrate to "Google Cloud Poland Sp. z o.o.".

    Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • gdarkogdarko Member
    edited November 2021

    Google is becoming more expensive as the time comes. I ditched it last year. Glad i did, even though i miss the gmail web interface, but i manage that with all the nice mail clients that exist.

  • as long as its under 70€/m its worth it for me due to the storage.

  • @TheKiller said:

    @JabJab said:
    No word about legacy free edition forced migration to paying thing. Hell yeah :-D

    They are sending emails to gsuite free edition users to migrate within 15 days or their account will be forced closed.

    At least 3 of my friends got this email. Seems like Google desperately wants to get paying customers, they are losing to Office 365 big time which has over 100m paying customers.

    Post the email please.

  • @MrPsycho said:
    The old GSuite Business (about $12) offered unlimited GDrive. Some of us used that as cheap backup/plex media storage.

    And that is probably one of the major reasons Google had to do this move.

  • @rcy026 said:

    @MrPsycho said:
    The old GSuite Business (about $12) offered unlimited GDrive. Some of us used that as cheap backup/plex media storage.

    And that is probably one of the major reasons Google had to do this move.

    Presumably it's the only reason they did it.

    It's a no brainer for most of us with 20TB+ to pay what they're asking, so it's not as though this will shake off everyone who uses more than most do.

  • @AXYZE said:
    I didn't get any email like this, weird.
    Anybody from here is from Poland and has GSuite and can confirm that he got such mail? Because if not then it seems like people who are with "Google Cloud Poland Sp. z o.o." won't be migrated anytime soon.

    I'm from Vietnam and got no email too.

    Official information from Google: https://support.google.com/a/answer/2855120?hl=en

    There is nothing about the migration or close of the free legacy account.

  • AWITMAWITM Member
    edited November 2021

    I'm on the Google Workspace Business Standard plan that should be limited to 2 TB, but at this point I still have unlimited.

    I've red people saying the Enterprise Standard plan has unlimited storage, this is true, but officially only if you have 5 or more users in your business. If your under 5 users, you only get 1 TB, per user.

    It's the question if Google will every enforce this limit, but if they do, you will be limit to 1 TB with only 1 user paying $20 a month.

    At this point I'm looking to maybe switch to Jottacloud for personal files and 1Fichier for strongly encrypted backups, but I understand this will not be a option for people with 5 TB+ because of the speed limit at Jottacloud for users above 5 TB of storage.

  • @AWITM said:
    I'm on the Google Workspace Business Standard plan that should be limited to 2 TB, but at this point I still have unlimited.

    I've red people saying the Enterprise Standard plan has unlimited storage, this is true, but officially only if you have 5 or more users in your business. If your under 5 users, you only get 1 TB, per user.

    It's the question if Google will every enforce this limit, but if they do, you will be limit to 1 TB with only 1 user paying $20 a month.

    At this point I'm looking to maybe switch to Jottacloud for personal files and 1Fichier for strongly encrypted backups, but I understand this will not be a option for people with 5 TB+ because of the speed limit at Jottacloud for users above 5 TB of storage.

    If they enforce limit then just buy more users and share your plan with GOOD friends. If you want solid encryption then use 'rclone crypt' for it. for you it will be transparent :)

    I'm sure somebody from your friends would want cold storage for theirfamily photos etc, you can get even like 10 people, tell them to make zip with password and you would upload it haha easy business

    Thanked by 1dahartigan
Sign In or Register to comment.