Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM 2.0 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM 2.0

2»

Comments

• Can confirm, VirtFusion is absolutely excellent software.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2022

nvm

• @HostXNow said:

@jordynegen11 said:
    @HostXNow said:

I've been using solus.io and was using a trial. solus.io works great! The control panel is better than SolusVM, IMO.

Also, in solus.io, you can now go to licensing and choose between solus.io pricing or SolusVM 1.0 pricing. I switched it to SolusVM pricing, and all works fine.

Afaik, solus.io is due to be renamed/rebranded to SolusVM 2.0, and the pricing will be the same that was used for SolusVM 1.0.

Yes, after many have upgraded from SolusVM 1.0 to SolusVM 2.0, they will eventually increase the pricing a little (WebPros, after all). Still, it should not be expensive as the licensing model they were trying to push for solus.io. After many complained, they changed it from $5 per core to $2.50 per core. Even $2.50 per core was too much.

I am ok with paying the SolusVM 1.0 pricing.

$2.50 per core is crazy.

I agree. But now you can use solus.io with SolusVM 1.0 pricing, i.e. $10 for a slave server with unlimited VMs (KVM).

How? Solus.io pricing is still pay per core :(

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@speedypage said:
    We had a very poor experience using SolusIO, constantly ran into random bugs and was lacking a lot of basic functionality to offer good performance (such as drive caching). It was used for a few months and then I discovered VirtFusion while browsing on Discord.

I reached out to Phill via ticket, then Skype in Dec 2021 and from there I'd like to say we had a considerable impact in assisting them test new features as well as which features would be a priority to add to the platform.

Phill has always been directly very helpful with any issues we have encountered (more of our own issues than software issues!) and I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for an alternative to the big 2 (SolusVM & Virtualizor).

Sir Phil is the bomb.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • @mudassar788 said:

@HostXNow said:

@jordynegen11 said:
    @HostXNow said:

I've been using solus.io and was using a trial. solus.io works great! The control panel is better than SolusVM, IMO.

Also, in solus.io, you can now go to licensing and choose between solus.io pricing or SolusVM 1.0 pricing. I switched it to SolusVM pricing, and all works fine.

Afaik, solus.io is due to be renamed/rebranded to SolusVM 2.0, and the pricing will be the same that was used for SolusVM 1.0.

Yes, after many have upgraded from SolusVM 1.0 to SolusVM 2.0, they will eventually increase the pricing a little (WebPros, after all). Still, it should not be expensive as the licensing model they were trying to push for solus.io. After many complained, they changed it from $5 per core to $2.50 per core. Even $2.50 per core was too much.

I am ok with paying the SolusVM 1.0 pricing.

$2.50 per core is crazy.

I agree. But now you can use solus.io with SolusVM 1.0 pricing, i.e. $10 for a slave server with unlimited VMs (KVM).

How? Solus.io pricing is still pay per core :(

If you buy from solusvm.com then it will cost you the same as original solusvm