Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for THE CHEAPEST POSSIBLE VPS! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for THE CHEAPEST POSSIBLE VPS!

Comments

• https://www.oracle.com/uk/cloud/free/
    Been using it as my backup/phone pihole for over a year now no problems

Thanked by 1stoned
  • @djn said:
    https://www.oracle.com/uk/cloud/free/

You mentioned the best in the world of free virtual servers.
    However, the disadvantage of Oracle Free Tier is that the speed is limited to 50Mbps based on Seoul Region/x86 instance (500Mbps is a theoretical speed) and it is an Oracle.

• @GameTownProjects said:
    https://budgetvm.host

I think starting at 0,29 € / month is one of the cheapest offers you could find.

Does anyone have any benchmarks? Any reviews? I found offer thread, but it was full of cries about 5€ deposit, and nothing about the service...

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@ns110621 said:

@djn said:

However, the disadvantage of Oracle Free Tier is that the speed is limited to 50Mbps based on Seoul Region/x86 instance (500Mbps is a theoretical speed) and it is an Oracle.

ARM instance has higher network speeds

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ns110621 said:

@djn said:

Op wants it for DNS 50Mbps is overkill

• @ns110621 said:

@djn said:

On x86
    500Mbps is speed inside Oracle network (private), 50Mbps outside (public). Location doesnt matter.

• I haven't been around here for a while.

Did someone find another billion IPv4 addresses down the back of a sofa?

• ns110621ns110621 Member
    edited November 2021

@MrEd said:

@GameTownProjects said:
    https://budgetvm.host

I think starting at 0,29 € / month is one of the cheapest offers you could find.

Does anyone have any benchmarks? Any reviews? I found offer thread, but it was full of cries about 5€ deposit, and nothing about the service...

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-10-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

2021. 11. 09. (화) 09:10:00 KST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2430L 0 @ 2.00GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1995.192 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 809.2 MiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 8.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 4.58 MB/s     (1.1k) | 10.60 MB/s     (165)
    Write      | 4.60 MB/s     (1.1k) | 11.10 MB/s     (173)
    Total      | 9.18 MB/s     (2.2k) | 21.71 MB/s     (338)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 23.51 MB/s      (45) | 54.76 MB/s      (53)
    Write      | 24.97 MB/s      (48) | 58.56 MB/s      (57)
    Total      | 48.48 MB/s      (93) | 113.33 MB/s    (110)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 265 Mbits/sec   | 281 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 261 Mbits/sec   | 277 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | 293 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 175 Mbits/sec   | 203 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 257 Mbits/sec   | 267 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 208 Mbits/sec   | 235 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 214 Mbits/sec   | 260 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 171 Mbits/sec   | 217 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.74 Gbits/sec  | 583 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.79 Gbits/sec  | 569 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | 724 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 441 Mbits/sec   | 779 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.49 Gbits/sec  | 215 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 853 Mbits/sec   | 201 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 274
    Multi Core      | 276
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/10905183

Plan is Budget VM - Pro.
    First at all, it's worse than the x86 instances offered through the Oracle Free Tier. Except for network speed.
    Of course, considering the price, it cannot be said that it is bad. And this is KVM. Not OpenVZ.
    If you pay annually, you can use VPS for €4.99/year.
    IPv4 is provided as NAT, and IPv6 can be used as a static IP if configured separately.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I haven't had any problems with Racknerd, I highly recommend them.

Thanked by 1stoned
  • @Arkas said:
    I haven't had any problems with Racknerd, I highly recommend them.

Same. One advantage racknerd have over the other cheap deals is that racknerd genuinely have a LOT of different host nodes so you can buy multiple services on different nodes.

Other providers with the cheap deals cram everyone together into a slow overcrowded server that is about to meltdown.

Thanked by 2stoned Arkas
  • @ezeth said:
    I had 256MB, 3.5USD per year vps recently. If you can wait until January 2022 you can get one of them https://my.boomer.host/order.php?step=1&productGroup=4

Tbh next lineup will be quite nice. Dallas servers with Path DDoS protection setup in a cluster of high availability servers. If one server fails, the next one takes up the load from the shared array of storage servers

January is the month that the scam larvae begin their transformation into full blown deadpool-shitterpillars.

!remindme

• @stoned said:

@typicalGtaTG said:
    I think you should probably just wait till BlackFriday. Although if you're looking for something very stable and reliable, then BuyVM ( @Francisco ) is your best option. Their cheapest plan is $2.5/mo and gets you 512MB Memory which should enough for your use.

If not, then you could try going to Gullo ( @Cam ) or @webhorizon

I'm an active user on all three and I haven't had any issues with said providers so far. :smile:

I'll wait and see what all is out there. I'm just now looking at low end stuff and it's a brand new world to me. I appreciate the advice, bruv. Thank you.

typicalGtaTG has the pricing wrong for BuyVM... the smallest is $20/year or $2/month (with no automatic backups). I just terminated a server with 250+ days of uptime at BuyVM, so I can vouch for reliability.

I have no experience with the other hosts mentioned, but I would say committing to a full year at any company is risky if you don't want to spend even $16/year: what if it's not good enough and you now have to pay someone else even more to switch? You may have to lower expectations or increase your budget.

BuyVM servers are in and out very fast, and I don't believe Fran does sales, ever. So I would recommend finding a way to get notified when servers are in stock if you want to go with BuyVM - a few sites do this, mine included https://buyvmstock.xyz/ (affiliate links used).

Thanked by 1stoned
  • Wow, thank you so much for the suggestions, helpings and the support. I'm very grateful. I will be waiting for Black Friday as well and also doing some more research about all the wonderful suggestions here.

Thanks guys. :)

• VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

Good day.

Our lowest ipv4 offer:
    Virtualization KVM
    Channel (fair-share) 200 Mbit
    Number of Cores one
    RAM capacity 512 Mb
    HDD storage capacity 5Gb
    ipv4+ipv6

~14.69 USD annual

Thanked by 1stoned
  • I'm tired of registering oracle, It's too difficult.

• @adef_1 said:
    I'm tired of registering oracle, It's too difficult.

I have three servers for free with them. 2x 1GB/1oCPU AMD, and 1x 24GB 4oCPU, and a 50GB free block storage, in addition to the 50gb attached to each instance. That's a good bit.

• @adef_1 said:

How difficult can it be? How different is it as compared to other providers?

• You didn't specify your budget

• @kheng86 said:

@adef_1 said:

How difficult can it be? How different is it as compared to other providers?

I don't think you're supposed to have more than 1 Oracle account. :)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @YinHe said:
    You didn't specify your budget

For that tiny bind9 need, as low as possible. I got a few good suggestions. Still researching and waiting to see some BF deals.

• Say for example, you go with Racknerd deal $12/yr etc. Do they charge more next year on renew or does the pricing remain the same?

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@stoned said:
    Say for example, you go with Racknerd deal $12/yr etc. Do they charge more next year on renew or does the pricing remain the same?

the price on that one is recurring.

Thanked by 1stoned
  • 1h1g1m
    12RMB一个月

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@xiaoyang This is an English forum.

Thanked by 1xiaoyang
  • @stoned said: just change the IP on the GLUE

Are you going to run a tier 2 server for OpenNIC?

• You need a stable server go AWS we are here on low-end talk

• check @mikho www.mrvm.net, can only recommand him

• bootboot Member

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • shruubshruub Member

@boot said:

w h y

• bootboot Member

@shruub said:

@boot said:

w h y

Someone else had posted nonsense, which now has been deleted it seems. I was replying to them.

This discussion has been closed.