Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friendhosting LTD: Halloween – creepy sale. Discount up to 50% for vds orders. VDS from $1,6/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Friendhosting LTD: Halloween – creepy sale. Discount up to 50% for vds orders. VDS from $1,6/month

friendhostingfriendhosting Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2021 in Offers

Halloween is coming and we’ve prepared a terribly big discounts for ordering new services. Friendhosting LTD is pleased to offer a recurring discount 50% on VDS services in Europe and the USA.

In order to take advantage of a 50% discount on any VDS tariff plan, use the halloween21 promo code.

You can find information about our data centers and links to Looking Glass here https://friendhosting.net/en/looking-glass.php

Our suggestions for Lowendtalk communities:

VDS Micro
- 512 mb ram
- 1 x vCPU
- 5 Gb SSD Disk Space
- 1 TB Monthly Bandwidth
- 100mbit/s
- 1 x IPv4
- 1 x IPv6
- KVM
- Coupon: halloween21
- Order in Bulgaria / Czech / Latvia / Poland / Switzeland / Ukraine $1,6/month or $15/year https://my.friendhosting.net/order.php?vid=vps&tarif=193&lang=english
- Order in Netherlands / USA, Los Angeles / USA, Miami $1,85/month or $17.1/year https://my.friendhosting.net/order.php?vid=vps&tarif=193&lang=english

VDS Start
- 1 Gb ram
- 1 x vCPU
- 10 Gb SSD Disk Space
- 1 TB Monthly Bandwidth
- 100mbit/s
- 1 x IPv4
- 1 x IPv6
- KVM
- Order in Bulgaria / Czech / Latvia / Poland / Switzeland / Ukraine $2,4/month or $22/year https://my.friendhosting.net/order.php?vid=vps&tarif=194&lang=english
- Order in Netherlands / USA, Los Angeles / USA, Miami $2,65/month or $25.5/year https://my.friendhosting.net/order.php?vid=vps&tarif=194&lang=english

VDS Plus
- 2 Gb ram
- 2 x vCPU
- 20 Gb SSD Disk Space
- 2 TB Monthly Bandwidth
- 100mbit/s
- 1 x IPv4
- 1 x IPv6
- KVM
- Order in Bulgaria / Czech / Latvia / Poland / Switzeland / Ukraine $4.5/month or $41.5/year https://my.friendhosting.net/order.php?vid=vps&tarif=195&lang=english
- Order in Netherlands / USA, Los Angeles / USA, Miami $5/month or $46.5/year https://my.friendhosting.net/order.php?vid=vps&tarif=195&lang=english

About Friendhosting LTD.
We are Friendhosting LTD, a European company that’s been operating in the international IT services industry since 2009. Our mission is always the same – to provide every client of ours with the high-quality hosting services at a reasonable price.

Over the years of our diligent work, we’ve heard one thing from our grateful clients countless times: they wish they had found us earlier. We’re thrilled that you’ve found your “hosting for friends” and that you’d like to find out more about the services we offer.

We founded Friendhosting LTD on April 20, 2009. Since then, we’ve been working in the IT industry, and we’ve turned from a small organization into a large European company that serves clients from all over the world.

We are called Friendhosting, or ‘hosting for friends’, and we’ve chosen this name for a reason. It’s not an empty promise for us – we strive not only to provide high-quality services and become your reliable partner but also to be your friend and support at difficult times.

https://friendhosting.net/en

The offer is valid until November 25, 2021 inclusive.

Comments

• I think maybe you guys should do 1G port, other providers usually provide 1G port at the same locations that you are at.

• friendhostingfriendhosting Member, Patron Provider

@Hayashima said:
    I think maybe you guys should do 1G port, other providers usually provide 1G port at the same locations that you are at.

Thank you for your attention. We will think about this in the future.

• How long is this offer running?

@Wicked said:
    How long is this offer running?

The offer is valid until November 25, 2021 inclusive.

Thanks, I corrected the first post.

• Hi, I can see that the promo now is recurring. But just to make sure is the VDS Micro for $15/year recurring? I'm asking because your previous offer few weeks ago wasn't recurring.

I am intending to buy a few :)

@kheng86 said: Hi, I can see that the promo now is recurring. But just to make sure is the VDS Micro for $15/year recurring? I'm asking because your previous offer few weeks ago wasn't recurring.

I am intending to buy a few

Yes, our previous proposal has not been repeated. Like all previous proposals.

But I see that the lowendtalk and lowendbox communities have a request for recurring discounts. And we made the new proposal recurring.

• @friendhosting said:

@kheng86 said: Hi, I can see that the promo now is recurring. But just to make sure is the VDS Micro for $15/year recurring? I'm asking because your previous offer few weeks ago wasn't recurring.

I am intending to buy a few

Yes, our previous proposal has not been repeated. Like all previous proposals.

But I see that the lowendtalk and lowendbox communities have a request for recurring discounts. And we made the new proposal recurring.

Thank you for your confirmation. I have been running 3 VDS from your company and have been very satisfied so far. Will proceed to order a few more soon.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Great deals.

May I ask how is Friendhosting related to ITL?

I always found interesting that apart from sharing infrastructure, both companies are based in the same small Bulgarian city, use the same Ukrainian registrar, your mailserver is even hosted within ITL IP space...

Does ITL own Friendhosting?

@Nyr said:
    Great deals.

May I ask how is Friendhosting related to ITL?

I always found interesting that apart from sharing infrastructure, both companies are based in the same small Bulgarian city, use the same Ukrainian registrar, your mailserver is even hosted within ITL IP space...

Does ITL own Friendhosting?

Thank you for your interest.

First of all, I want to say that ITL and Friendhosting LTD are different companies. But we are connected by long-term partnership relations, it is true. ITL provides certain services for our company and does it with high quality.

• Any YABS here?Thanks if some guys are willing to share it.

• HayashimaHayashima Member
    edited October 2021

@Franzkafka said:
    Any YABS here?Thanks if some guys are willing to share it.

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2500.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 976.4 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 9.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 101.78 MB/s  (25.4k) | 330.06 MB/s   (5.1k)
    Write      | 102.05 MB/s  (25.5k) | 331.80 MB/s   (5.1k)
    Total      | 203.83 MB/s  (50.9k) | 661.87 MB/s  (10.3k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 314.91 MB/s    (615) | 309.99 MB/s    (302)
    Write      | 331.65 MB/s    (647) | 330.64 MB/s    (322)
    Total      | 646.57 MB/s   (1.2k) | 640.64 MB/s    (624)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 98.3 Mbits/sec  | 95.8 Mbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 98.5 Mbits/sec  | 95.7 Mbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy           
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 75.8 Mbits/sec  | 90.0 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 94.4 Mbits/sec  | 93.6 Mbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 84.5 Mbits/sec  | 92.7 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 83.5 Mbits/sec  | 91.2 Mbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 60.7 Mbits/sec  | 87.0 Mbits/sec 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 97.5 Mbits/sec  | busy           
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 95.7 Mbits/sec  | 94.3 Mbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 97.7 Mbits/sec  | 94.6 Mbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 70.9 Mbits/sec  | 87.0 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 93.6 Mbits/sec  | busy           
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 83.0 Mbits/sec  | 87.5 Mbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

I think their system has something to do with Geekbench

Thanked by 1panthera666
  • mcgreemcgree Member
    edited October 2021

If it is 100Mbps unmeter bw or 1Gbps port, or as low as $7.5, I think it will be much more competitive, providing IPv6 should indicate the subnet size?

Also what is the reason for not offering Host Passthrough?

Of course if you have a very expensive transit that is also very cost-effective, such as CN2 to China.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

I like your graphic :)

• does VDS mean all resources are dedicated?

• @cybertech said:
    does VDS mean all resources are dedicated?

I have the same question

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@cybertech said:

@dom1024 said:

@cybertech said:

I have the same question

VDS is just a common acronym used instead of VPS in Eastern European countries. No way to have a dedicated CPU core for $1/month ;)

Thanked by 1devp
  • @Nyr said:

@cybertech said:

@dom1024 said:

@cybertech said:

I have the same question

VDS is just a common acronym used instead of VPS in Eastern European countries. No way to have a dedicated CPU core for $1/month ;)

ok,thank you

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 2021

@Nyr said:

@cybertech said:

@dom1024 said:

@cybertech said:

I have the same question

this is quite confusing , as vps being advertised as "VDS" is uncommon here.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @cybertech said:

@Nyr said:

@cybertech said:

@dom1024 said:

@cybertech said:

I have the same question

Maybe it's a European habit?

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 2021

@mcgree said:

@cybertech said:

@Nyr said:

@cybertech said:

@dom1024 said:

@cybertech said:

I have the same question

Maybe it's a European habit?

at least mention dedicated kernel

• @Hayashima said:

maybe u'd setup 0.5gb+ of swap?

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited October 2021

They limit port speed to 10Mbps as well noticed. And also ITLDC resellers.

• only 1 ipv6 ? why not a /64 ?

I am pleased that our services have piqued the interest of the community. I will try to answer all the questions.

@cybertech said: does VDS mean all resources are dedicated?

@dom1024 said: I have the same question

Some VDS resources are shared. For example, such as processor cores, port. RAM and disk are allocated.

VDS is just a common acronym used instead of VPS in Eastern European countries. No way to have a dedicated CPU core for $1/month

Colleague, you are absolutely right

Thanked by 1cold

• Personally things like that are no go for me. If you can't spell Megabytes abbreviation correctly that makes me wonder what I am really buying.

@jenkki said: They limit port speed to 10Mbps as well noticed.

Port speed limitation is possible only after the monthly traffic limit has been exhausted.

@jenkki said: And also ITLDC resellers

As I wrote above, we are not vds ITLDC resellers. Yes, we are partners in certain areas, but we are not their vds resellers.

If you look closely, you will see at least the following differences:
    1) Our company has its own ip networks and is an independent LIR in RIPE.
    2) We are using a different solution for deploying vds. Different from what ITL uses.

@JabJab said: Personally things like that are no go for me. If you can't spell Megabytes abbreviation correctly that makes me wonder what I am really buying.

Thank you for helping us get better! I have fixed this annoying error on the site. Unfortunately, I can no longer fix the first message.

@cold said:
    only 1 ipv6 ? why not a /64 ?

Hello.
    yes, at the moment we only provide 1 ipv6. We have plans for a dedicated / 64 for each vds, but in the future. Not now.

• ehabehab Member
    edited October 2021

@friendhosting why don't you do a limited 5 Horror Jump Scare of

VDS Plus for 25€/year

i will register just in case and get read for the scare :neutral:

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Hayashima said:

@Franzkafka said:
    Any YABS here?Thanks if some guys are willing to share it.

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2500.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 976.4 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 9.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 101.78 MB/s  (25.4k) | 330.06 MB/s   (5.1k)
    Write      | 102.05 MB/s  (25.5k) | 331.80 MB/s   (5.1k)
    Total      | 203.83 MB/s  (50.9k) | 661.87 MB/s  (10.3k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 314.91 MB/s    (615) | 309.99 MB/s    (302)
    Write      | 331.65 MB/s    (647) | 330.64 MB/s    (322)
    Total      | 646.57 MB/s   (1.2k) | 640.64 MB/s    (624)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 98.3 Mbits/sec  | 95.8 Mbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 98.5 Mbits/sec  | 95.7 Mbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy           
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 75.8 Mbits/sec  | 90.0 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 94.4 Mbits/sec  | 93.6 Mbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 84.5 Mbits/sec  | 92.7 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 83.5 Mbits/sec  | 91.2 Mbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 60.7 Mbits/sec  | 87.0 Mbits/sec 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 97.5 Mbits/sec  | busy           
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 95.7 Mbits/sec  | 94.3 Mbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 97.7 Mbits/sec  | 94.6 Mbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 70.9 Mbits/sec  | 87.0 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 93.6 Mbits/sec  | busy           
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 83.0 Mbits/sec  | 87.5 Mbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

add swap