Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FCC Kicks China Telecom Out of the US - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FCC Kicks China Telecom Out of the US

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@servarica_hani said: I see CN partially own 2 Submarine Cables to LA not sure how this decision will affect them

Russia owns the gas pipe to Germany, more or less, this does not mean Germany has to buy gas through that pipe from Russia.
    Even if peering is kicked out (which i doubt) this does not mean traffic to China through those cables will cease, it is possible the other way, the americans to be peering at the other end. There can be many vehicles (companies) through which peering contracts to be handled.

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2021

This post that I just edited was a lot of rambling that could probably be too easily misunderstood in an unintended way.

<3 the people of China, fuck every government. Peace and love to everyone.

• Not sure if this will affect the cn2 route

• BertieBertie Member
    edited October 2021

@Nyr said: Maybe I am wrong, but this seems to deal with their (unknown to most Americans) presence as a mobile service provider in the US.

@ehhthing said: This would make sense but given the previous (trump era) press releases, it seems as if they were originally targeting their network operations as a whole. Either way the press release doesn't really make it clear.

@Harambe said: It looks like it's their license to do business in the US at all, and most of that business is transit - the mobile portion is quite tiny.

Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel's Statement references submarine cables, which leads me to believe this affects CT America's transit services.

Fourth, the FCC is taking a closer look at applications for submarine cables to make sure they do not raise national security concerns. For too long, it was the practice of this agency to unilaterally grant applicants special temporary authority to start building submarine cables while their applications were pending, even if those applications reflected ownership by state-owned companies that could represent a national security risk. That’s no longer the case. Requests for special temporary authority to start construction can raise national security concerns too, and the FCC now sends such requests to the Committee for the Assessment of Foreign Participation in the United States Telecommunications Services Sector for coordinated security review.

I mean, jury's out on what will actually happen?

• China. Well, there are 1.2 billion citizens vs one man. I see a way to make change in that country..

• FranzkafkaFranzkafka Member
    edited October 2021

@pedagang said:
    in china is much more haters, it's support by government propaganda ... see globaltimes.cn
    cold war against the world... is going on china
    always on conflict ... so what...

No.Definitely not as you said.China just wants develop its economy.We do not want war with anybody.The key point is:China's economic development threatens America's authority.China has a large population which makes China lower employment costs so China catches much more invests and opportunities.Look back at China's economic development over the past few decades you will get it.There is no any country would like other countries take away all these business.

Back to China,there still many problemss inside.Fierce competition, corruption,polarization of wealth make China more aggressive.

I like the idea that the economic base determines the superstructure.If everybody in the world are wealthy (in fact it is impossible,because mankind like comparing with the higher while the standards of wealthy will change as the time),there is no poverty anymore,Who the fuck wants war?To some degree,economic development is also a war which is just not so bloody.But I am very sure when economic war can't reach a balance,there would be a real war.
    No matter WWI or WWII are both in the same.

Once again I have to say I really hate politics and politicians but meanwhile feel sorry for them.Hating for their thoughts make world worse meanwhile feel sorry because they just want earn more interests for their own people.How can I blame them?

It's so hard to find a balance.Maybe the best solution is human extinction.

PS:I won't give any response to this post.But plz believe me, Most of Chinese don't want war like the most people around the world.

Sorry for my poor English.No google translation here.I typed every words by myself.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • @Franzkafka said:
    Sorry for my poor English.No google translation here.I typey every words by myself.

Your English is quite acceptable, considering no translation is used.

• @Franzkafka said:

@pedagang said:
    in china is much more haters, it's support by government propaganda ... see globaltimes.cn

No.Definitely not as you said.China just wants develop its economy.We do not want war with anybody.The key point is:China's economic development threatens America's authority.China has a large population which makes China lower employment costs so China catches much more invests and opportunities.Look back at China's economic development over the past few decades you will get it.There is no any country would like other countries take away all these business.

Back to China,there still many problemss inside.Fierce competition, corruption,polarization of wealth make China more aggressive.

I like the idea that the economic base determines the superstructure.If everybody in the world are wealthy (in fact it is impossible,because mankind like comparing with the higher while the standards of wealthy will change as the time),there is no property anymore,Who the fuck wants war?To some degree,economic development is also a war which is just not so bloody.But I am very sure when economic war can't reach a balance,there would be a real war.

Once again I have to say I really hate politics and politicians but meanwhile feel sorry for them.Hating for their thoughts make world worse meanwhile feel sorry because they just want earn more interests for their own people.

PS:I won't give any response to this post.But plz believe me, Most of Chinese don't want war like the most people around the world.

Sorry for my poor English.No google translation here.I typed every words by myself.

How do you explain china trapping and exploiting
    economically backward countries under The Belt and Road Initiative,

• @codelock said:

@Franzkafka said:

@pedagang said:

I like the idea that the economic base determines the superstructure.If everybody in the world are wealthy (in fact it is impossible,because mankind like comparing with the higher while the standards of wealthy will change as the time),there is no property anymore,Who the fuck wants war?To some degree,economic development is also a war which is just not so bloody.But I am very sure when economic war can't reach a balance,there would be a real war.

Once again I have to say I really hate politics and politicians but meanwhile feel sorry for them.Hating for their thoughts make world worse meanwhile feel sorry because they just want earn more interests for their own people.

Are you there?I have no right to say anything because I didn't konw much more about this.Only the people who live in there and experience it can have the right to judge it.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

West Coast USA providers on suicide watch.

West Coast Black Friday offers will be interesting...

• @MannDude said:

No.This only influences mobile phone card business.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Franzkafka said:

@MannDude said:

Not so sure, but perhaps.

• @Clouvider said:
    Press release link doesn’t work.

It’s interesting. What does it mean in practicality? They have to cease peering too? How will this affect connectivity between CN and US and the region?

My observation for the moment is that US and CN failed to make a deal on phone which is expected. What I guess is, there will be no significant impact on past investments but it will be a hindrance to future actions.

• @MannDude said:

@Franzkafka said:

@MannDude said:

Not so sure, but perhaps.

For now at least,this just influences mobile phone card business.Really hope there would be less restriction.If my Vpses in US can not reach any more,it is terrible.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @Franzkafka said: china just wants develop its economy....

ok

maybe

china telecoms vs china mobile service provider

nothing to do with FCC (comprador)

• @Franzkafka said: Most of Chinese don't want war like the most people around the world.

I guess most of Chinese have no right to decide whether to go to war...

The "modern rules" is advantageous to the U.S. because it was established by the U.S. by ww2. If any country wants to change the "rules", it is only through ww3, War is part of the politics.
    But no worry, I do not see the possibility of a large war happening for the time being.

• This would be terrible for MJJs trying to 翻墙

• @Maounique said:

@jar said: We had two major presidential candidates in the end and the one most friendly to China took the title, so this is a bit unexpected.

Not hating china and not making it a scapegoat is not friendly. China is a powerful and militarized society, adversary to the US, but blind hate will not solve anything, distrust, preparation for the next aggressive move, cutting out the revenue, yes. Just be prepared, the war will come, there will be plenty of hate then.

I used to be on that opinion until i watched this video starting at 6 min 59sec as let do not catch t=419

@coolice said: I used to be on that opinion until i watched this video starting at 6 min 59sec as let do not catch t=419

The movie is wrong at so many levels.
    1. China PLA now is not the same it was 40 years ago.
    2. There is no doubt they have less experience, but the discipline and society regimentation is way better than US.
    3. China's economy, while much worse in reality than on paper, will be on a war footing much easier and faster.

I agree a war is not going to be in China's interest, nor that they would win it, but they can use the threat to push and push until one day will go too far and there will be no way back. Hitler didn't believe France and UK will actually honour their alliance with Poland and China needs a war NOW. In 10 years their population will be old enough to bring the crisis up.
    So, if they attack Taiwan, that might be a step too far, but the time to do it is now, US is aware f the threat and I think the disengagement from Afghanistan as well as some signs they might disengage from the Middle East is a sign they know and expect China toi act on it's plans sooner rather than later.
    Xi's popularity is waning and the financial and demographic crises as well as likely the Delta variant will eat up the capital he had got through propaganda and stirring up nationalism.
    We will see, but the Chinese face the same problem Japan and Germany had in the late 30's, the dwindling resources, the fear they will be cut off from the international trade and technology.

• @Franzkafka said:

@pedagang said:

I like the idea that the economic base determines the superstructure.If everybody in the world are wealthy (in fact it is impossible,because mankind like comparing with the higher while the standards of wealthy will change as the time),there is no poverty anymore,Who the fuck wants war?To some degree,economic development is also a war which is just not so bloody.But I am very sure when economic war can't reach a balance,there would be a real war.

Once again I have to say I really hate politics and politicians but meanwhile feel sorry for them.Hating for their thoughts make world worse meanwhile feel sorry because they just want earn more interests for their own people.How can I blame them?

Don't worry, its normal for americans to do this, just look at the 80s when the trade wars between america and japan happened, japan was made a boogeyman for americans, its the same thing happening now, americans blaming china for ip thefts etc, but now they can add something extra like china's growing navy and military but americans don't realize that they still spend more on their armed forces than the next 10 nations combined.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • It is not going to effect anything on user level. Just think those big contactors with China telecom, those latency sensitive companies spends millions on their IPLC, and some of them are US corporations. Who will let that happen?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@codelock said:

How do you explain USA and partners trapping and exploiting economically backward countries?
    If those countries are lucky that is, if they are less lucky they'll be bombed and destroyed ("will get democracy").

Anyway I'm interested in the USA again continuing its war against China (because that's what it is, a war, just not (yet?) a military one) or more precisely in China's reaction. If they hit back and hard I'll respect them, if however they just take it in the back as too many times I'll take them to be mjjs.

• I was going to type a reply then I realised I don't care

Thanked by 3BlaZe Bertie dosai
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2021

@jsg said: If those countries are lucky that is, if they are less lucky they'll be bombed and destroyed ("will get democracy").

exactly,the number of countries that has been bombed and destroyed by USA and her allies after ww2 is more than any other countries combined that went to war after 1950s.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • My concern is whether communications between the US and China will be affected. At worst, communications would have to go through a third country, with unacceptable delays and speeds.

I don't care about war, it's not going to happen between China and the US or China and Taiwan. The communists know their interests and war is definitely not in their interest.

@jackywood said: The communists know their interests and war is definitely not in their interest.

There are situations in which people understand this but still go to war. They sell this internally as short and painless, but for the dictator the war is absolutely necessary.
    Before WWII Germany was drowning in debt and the food situation was not great as it results from Goebbels diaries and even when Germany controlled 3/4 of Europe the food crisis was still ongoing, then the oil issue... Same for Japan, the crazy nationalistic propaganda made people believe they are invincible gods and not going to war was seen as a weakness.
    The Chinese are fed the same propaganda. We are strong and united behind the party, the democracies are weak and already crumbling, we just need to scare them a bit to fall, let alone go to war. We will keep sending the warplanes to Taiwan, they will automatically elect a government which will ask for reunification and, if that does not happen, in a day or two we will take them over anyway, the Americans will either not have time to intervene or will stay out altogether because they are afraid and can't afford an unpopular war.
    The reality is more complex, of course, but most dictators end up believing own propaganda when they are surrounded by yes-men.

• @Maounique said:

@jackywood said: The communists know their interests and war is definitely not in their interest.

There are situations in which people understand this but still go to war. They sell this internally as short and painless, but for the dictator the war is absolutely necessary.
    Before WWII Germany was drowning in debt and the food situation was not great as it results from Goebbels diaries and even when Germany controlled 3/4 of Europe the food crisis was still ongoing, then the oil issue... Same for Japan, the crazy nationalistic propaganda made people believe they are invincible gods and not going to war was seen as a weakness.
    The Chinese are fed the same propaganda. We are strong and united behind the party, the democracies are weak and already crumbling, we just need to scare them a bit to fall, let alone go to war. We will keep sending the warplanes to Taiwan, they will automatically elect a government which will ask for reunification and, if that does not happen, in a day or two we will take them over anyway, the Americans will either not have time to intervene or will stay out altogether because they are afraid and can't afford an unpopular war.
    The reality is more complex, of course, but most dictators end up believing own propaganda when they are surrounded by yes-men.

In china's case now, they are already the largest economy in the world since 2017 if we use ppp. Def not a nation in the brink of collapse like germany or japan in the past.

Thanked by 1default
    edited October 2021

@Ahfaiahkid said: In china's case now, they are already the largest economy in the world since 2017 if we use ppp. Def not a nation in the brink of collapse like germany or japan in the past.

1938, Germany had a GDP 2 times higher than France when France had 30% more population and a lot of colonies. Japan also had a high GDP and a lot of occupied territories already (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_East_Asia_Co-Prosperity_Sphere). They were not near collapse.
    China is not near collapse, the nature of the regime makes it hard for the economy to fail, the high reserves accumulated in the time of openness will allow China to continue on a high spending slope for many years before collapse.
    This has been planned, what has not been planned is the demographic crisis, it was supposed to happen way later.
    As a result, all planning has to be rushed. Closure must come faster, dictatorship hardened before planned, war started before the necessary conditions are met.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • LowEndPolitics

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • it's dumb if it affects peering