Which providers allow IRC servers?
I got a request to change the LEB offer template to have providers indicate whether they allow hosting IRC servers or not.
I think that's a pretty niche need and not worth calling out in every single offer, but maybe it would be good to create a list of providers that allow IRC.
I spot checked a few providers.
- BuyVM does (@Francisco) makes no mention so I assume it's OK.
- I didn't see anything in Vultr's or Linode's AUP.
- Nothing in RackNerd's AUP (@dustinc)
- HostHatch's AUP also doesn't mention it (@hosthatch).
Does Not Allow:
- SecureDragon (@KuJoe) does not allow IRC servers (From AUP: "You may not run IRC (Internet Relay Chat) servers (clients/bouncers are allowed)").
- NexusBytes (@seriesn) disallows any IRC activities (From AUP: "IRC and associated applications (including bouncers, "bots", etc.)").
- LetBox also disallows IRC (From AUP: "No public IRC, VPN and Proxies but We do allow private")