Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH, Hetzner or Contabo for DDoS Protection? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH, Hetzner or Contabo for DDoS Protection?

2»

Comments

• AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep

@AXYZE said:
    It's not that hard to add OS template, so I'm interested why its taking so long
    @Avoro what's the reason for it? Billing panel, automation or just nobody requested it?

A big problem is SolusVM. We build our images ourselves from scratch (for good reasons). The somewhat older architecture of SolusVM is unfortunately no help here and does not support new technologies like netplan at all. We have to do some tricks, but we are already planning to migrate away from SolusVM, which is not that easy for several thousand virtual servers and cannot be done in one day. Right now we still have a demand for even older Ubuntu versions such as 16.04 or even 14.04, but of course also for newer versions we plan to implement asap.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • contabo servers has horrible write / read speed

• Decided to try netcup and see how it goes. So far so good.

• @Wicked said:
    Decided to try netcup and see how it goes. So far so good.

Some feedback would be nice in case you ever get attacked (hopefully you don't), I'm curious about their protection as well compared to the OVH one.

• when i had issue with anti ddos mitigation especially with cs 1.6 query flood, @Avoro was top on it and fixed the issue.

Thanked by 1Avoro
  • Ovh

• The clear winner is OVH. Hetzner's protection is basic and Contabo's "protection" is a null-route.

• @urekxdmazino said:
    contabo servers has horrible write / read speed

Can you please give me an idea about their CPU policy for their VPS? I dont see anything on their FAQ and AUP, so I asked them about this I got:

"We do not have any general restrictions, the specifications advertised on our website are generally assigned to your server and can be used as required."

Which is a bit vague.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@TerokNor said:

@urekxdmazino said:

Can you please give me an idea about their CPU policy for their VPS? I dont see anything on their FAQ and AUP, so I asked them about this I got:

"We do not have any general restrictions, the specifications advertised on our website are generally assigned to your server and can be used as required."

Which is a bit vague.

It basically means that it's a free for all and you can use as much as you want. Just know that your neighbor will probably be doing the same shit.

Thanked by 1TerokNor
  • @TerokNor said:

@urekxdmazino said:

Which is a bit vague.

i have worked with them for year so far however i'm not satisfied with their config> @TerokNor said:

@urekxdmazino said:

Which is a bit vague.

I think they are shared vps , since server became slow asf all of sudden specially storage vps ,

• @urekxdmazino said: I think they are shared vps , since server became slow asf all of sudden specially storage vps ,

Yeap, indeed they are shared. I was just wondering if they suspend or throttle in case you have some cpu hungry software. I guess they do nothing and let the invisible hand of the market to sort things out.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@AXYZE said: Contabo will nullroute your VPS

Isn't that almost like down timing your VPS? I mean it is a DDoS, which will result in down time, but a provider pulling the trigger on you?

• GhtGht Member

None of this, ddos attacks have evolved and bypass techniques are used today. You will never be able to stop DDoS attacks , never ever.

• @Arkas said:

Isn't that almost like down timing your VPS? I mean it is a DDoS, which will result in down time, but a provider pulling the trigger on you?

Down timing? You mean that your VPS will be unreachable in case of DDoS? Yes, thats the case with Contabo.

Eventually they will suspend your service like you can see on post from @Calin on first page

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@AXYZE said:

@Arkas said:

Down timing? You mean that your VPS will be unreachable in case of DDoS? Yes, thats the case with Contabo.

Eventually they will suspend your service like you can see on post from @Calin on first page

my favorite part is that they claim to have ddos protection. i dont think they could mitigate some 14 year old using loic on mcdonalds wifi

Thanked by 1Wicked