Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Ryzen Build
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Ryzen Build

TGTTGT Member

I purchased the;

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-5-5600x/p/N82E16819113666?Item=N82E16819113666

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-1u2lw-x470-supports-intel-xeon-e-2100-processors/p/N82E16816775004?Item=9SIAPVABME2256

and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WZWNXGQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I implemented the ram, CPU and HDD the board is turning on powering just fine but not getting a connection from the VGA.

Does anyone have experience with this mobo? high doubt its defective it was new from NewEgg.

Comments

  • @TGT if I am not wrong Ryzen’s do not have built in GPU. You would need video card.

  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Provider

    @crpatel said:
    @TGT if I am not wrong Ryzen’s do not have built in GPU. You would need video card.

    What he said. Or you can connect via the built in IPMI and use the KVM.

    Alien Data: VPS and Colo Based In Texas, Unmetered Bandwidth.
    RPIServers: Dedicated Micro Servers - Micro Colo - Unmetered Bandwidth

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

    Update BIOS from IPMI if you haven't.

    ExtraVM - AMD Ryzen VPS starting @ $3.50
    USA (TX, VA, FL), CA, FR, UK, SGP, AU

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Or just PMS hard enough to hallucinate.

    Thanked by 2vyas11 WSWD

    If you wish to join Nigh sect, adopt my avatar as your own and believe in the end.

  • this BMC could take up to 90 sec to initialize

    clear CMOS could help as well

    this motherboard requires BIOS version P4.20 tu support this CPU, while your motherboard could have factory loaded older version i.e. P3.50 (version could be printed on the sticker on board and package)

    if so, you have to flash BIOS update through web access IPMI

  • TGTTGT Member

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:

    @crpatel said:
    @TGT if I am not wrong Ryzen’s do not have built in GPU. You would need video card.

    What he said. Or you can connect via the built in IPMI and use the KVM.

    Thanks that worked. Might be taking you up on that colocation offer now. This is actually one of the servers I was building for colo.

    Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • @Andrews said:
    this BMC could take up to 90 sec to initialize

    clear CMOS could help as well

    this motherboard requires BIOS version P4.20 tu support this CPU, while your motherboard could have factory loaded older version i.e. P3.50 (version could be printed on the sticker on board and package)

    if so, you have to flash BIOS update through web access IPMI

    I had a couple B450 boards that needed upgrades for latest. The annoying thing is that the sticker had a later version than loaded! Needed to run bios update twice to get latest version. Not sure if buggy or some dual bios failover thing happening.

Sign In or Register to comment.