Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Looking for a VPS provider like Contabo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Looking for a VPS provider like Contabo

Looking for alternative of contabo.com

Pricing : same as contabo
location : any
bandwidth : Unlimited or 40TB+
OS : linux or windows ( must include free window licence)
CPU : 2.8 GHZ +

thank you

«1

Comments

  • rajatrajat Member, Provider

    Hi

    Try netcup.eu and hetzner

    Thanked by 1ivysaur
  • contabo

    Thanked by 1dahartigan

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • @rajat said:
    Hi

    Try netcup.eu and hetzner

    netcup.de required personal docs,
    what about their uptime ?

  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    OVH Cloud if you want cheap + unmetered.
    Netcup if you want working support + 40/80/120TB transfer.

    Favorite European providers: netcup and Hetzner (free €20, aff)

  • JasonMJasonM Member

    hetzner would be better.
    and then OVH.

  • tetechtetech Member

    @saurabh131 said: Looking for a VPS provider like Contabo

    You mean oversold and high steal? Shouldn't be a problem to find others like that.

    @cybertech said:
    contabo

    :sunglasses:

    Thanked by 1ivysaur
  • netcup.eu, php-friends.de prepaid-hoster.de, all have dedicated cores for cheap, very similar (better) to contabo

    helllo your computer has virus

  • Daniel15Daniel15 Member
    edited October 2

    @tetech said: You mean oversold and high steal? Shouldn't be a problem to find others like that.

    I tried Contabo recently with low expectations, and honestly I'm quite surprised. I have one of their NVMe VPSes on the US West Coast (Seattle). It's running really well, very very fast (the NVMe SSD + AMD EPYC processor definitely helps), and CPU steal is generally <2%. Steal is actually lower than other providers where I'm paying more and getting less (old Intel E3 + SATA SSD + DDR3 instead of AMD EPYC + NVMe SSD + DDR4)

    Thanked by 2mrTom dahartigan
  • @saurabh131 said: Looking for alternative of contabo.com

    You won't find a VPS provider like Contabo that isn't Contabo

    Good luck with your budget

    Congrats on your first post

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • varwwwvarwww Member

    Hey @saurabh131 Why are you moving from Contabo? Performance reasons?

  • ArkasArkas Member

    @saurabh131 said: netcup.de required personal docs,

    What do you mean? They never asked me for anything.

  • GhtGht Member

    You wont find another provider like Contabo.

  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 3

    @varwww said:
    Hey @saurabh131 Why are you moving from Contabo? Performance reasons?

    contabo couldn't satisfy your needs?

    do elaborate.

    Thanked by 1vyas11

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • bruh21bruh21 Member

    @cybertech said:

    @varwww said:
    Hey @saurabh131 Why are you moving from Contabo? Performance reasons?

    contabo couldn't satisfy your needs?

    do elaborate.

    probably hosted something against tos

    Thanked by 2Arkas dahartigan
  • saurabh131saurabh131 Member
    edited October 3

    @bruh21 said:

    @cybertech said:

    @varwww said:
    Hey @saurabh131 Why are you moving from Contabo? Performance reasons?

    contabo couldn't satisfy your needs?

    do elaborate.

    probably hosted something against tos

    STFU,, They are charging extra fee for windows licence, by default only 2.8GHz CPU which is less in my opinion.

    that's the problem,

  • @Arkas said:

    @saurabh131 said: netcup.de required personal docs,

    What do you mean? They never asked me for anything.

    They sent me an email - they need my personal docs such as light bill, or any govt. docs.

  • but why same as contabo price with free windows, when contabo doesnt give free?

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • bruh21bruh21 Member

    @saurabh131 said:

    @bruh21 said:

    @cybertech said:

    @varwww said:
    Hey @saurabh131 Why are you moving from Contabo? Performance reasons?

    contabo couldn't satisfy your needs?

    do elaborate.

    probably hosted something against tos

    STFU,, They are charging extra fee for windows licence, by default only 2.8GHz CPU which is less in my opinion.

    that's the problem,

    forget it mate, you're not gonna find anything at the same price with free windows and a better CPU (not that epyc is slow, unless you want ryzen idk why you're complaining about that)

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    This is what happens when you discard something as complete trash, only to be told later that it's the best you could have.

    Expectation ≠ Reality

    If you wish to join Nigh sect, adopt my avatar as your own and believe in the end.

  • @saurabh131 said:

    They are charging extra fee for windows licence, by default only 2.8GHz CPU which is less in my opinion.

    that's the problem,

    What is the VPS configuration are you looking for?

  • Windows 4 GB RAM VPS
    RackNerd/@dustinc
    3x AMD Ryzen CPU Cores
    60 GB NVMe SSD Storage
    4 GB DDR4 RAM
    6000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    $115 per year

    https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

  • RHCHostingRHCHosting Member, Provider

    @saurabh131 said:
    Looking for alternative of contabo.com

    Pricing : same as contabo
    location : any
    bandwidth : Unlimited or 40TB+
    OS : linux or windows ( must include free window licence)
    CPU : 2.8 GHZ +

    thank you

    Hi, no Windows servers but only Linux in various configs from $2.99

  • @dev_vps said:

    @saurabh131 said:

    They are charging extra fee for windows licence, by default only 2.8GHz CPU which is less in my opinion.

    that's the problem,

    What is the VPS configuration are you looking for?

    CPU : 8 Cores (2.8GHZ + )
    STORAGE : 100 GB+ NVME
    BANDWIDTH : 40TB +
    RAM : 8GB +
    OS : Linux or Windows ( with Licence )

    Budget : 20 $

  • @saurabh131 said:

    @dev_vps said:

    @saurabh131 said:

    They are charging extra fee for windows licence, by default only 2.8GHz CPU which is less in my opinion.

    that's the problem,

    What is the VPS configuration are you looking for?

    CPU : 8 Cores (2.8GHZ + )
    STORAGE : 100 GB+ NVME
    BANDWIDTH : 40TB +
    RAM : 8GB +
    OS : Linux or Windows ( with Licence )

    Budget : 20 $

    Bandwidth 40 TB+ ???

  • @dev_vps said:

    @saurabh131 said:

    @dev_vps said:

    @saurabh131 said:

    They are charging extra fee for windows licence, by default only 2.8GHz CPU which is less in my opinion.

    that's the problem,

    What is the VPS configuration are you looking for?

    CPU : 8 Cores (2.8GHZ + )
    STORAGE : 100 GB+ NVME
    BANDWIDTH : 40TB +
    RAM : 8GB +
    OS : Linux or Windows ( with Licence )

    Budget : 20 $

    Bandwidth 40 TB+ ???

    YES!

  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    @saurabh131 said:

    @dev_vps said:

    @saurabh131 said:

    They are charging extra fee for windows licence, by default only 2.8GHz CPU which is less in my opinion.

    that's the problem,

    What is the VPS configuration are you looking for?

    CPU : 8 Cores (2.8GHZ + )
    STORAGE : 100 GB+ NVME
    BANDWIDTH : 40TB +
    RAM : 8GB +
    OS : Linux or Windows ( with Licence )

    Budget : 20 $

    If someone sells you that then he will loses momey or cheats with specifications(overselling). 8 fast cores for this money is already to much to ask and you want Windows + 40TB on top of that lol

    Btw netcup verifies users so they can provide best performance/price ratio with 0 abusers and 0 problems. And thats very good. 100% uptime, 0.1% cpu steal for couple euro.

    Thanked by 1saurabh131

    Favorite European providers: netcup and Hetzner (free €20, aff)

  • @saurabh131 said:

    @dev_vps said:

    Bandwidth 40 TB+ ???

    YES!

    is this for file sharing or video streaming?
    is the content legal?

    For this volume of data bandwidth, pls consider dedicated server.

    Thanked by 1saurabh131
  • bruh21bruh21 Member

    @saurabh131 said:

    @dev_vps said:

    @saurabh131 said:

    They are charging extra fee for windows licence, by default only 2.8GHz CPU which is less in my opinion.

    that's the problem,

    What is the VPS configuration are you looking for?

    CPU : 8 Cores (2.8GHZ + )
    STORAGE : 100 GB+ NVME
    BANDWIDTH : 40TB +
    RAM : 8GB +
    OS : Linux or Windows ( with Licence )

    Budget : 20 $

    pretty sure it is an evaluation license but this is all i know of that could possibly work in your budget
    https://www.prepaid-hoster.de/vserver/windows-server-mieten/windows-server-konfigurator.html?b=monthly&c293=887&c294=895&c295=904&c296=911&c297=914&c299=920

    bandwidth unmetered but slower port and storage is plain SSD

    Thanked by 1saurabh131
  • @bruh21 said:

    @saurabh131 said:

    @dev_vps said:

    @saurabh131 said:

    They are charging extra fee for windows licence, by default only 2.8GHz CPU which is less in my opinion.

    that's the problem,

    What is the VPS configuration are you looking for?

    CPU : 8 Cores (2.8GHZ + )
    STORAGE : 100 GB+ NVME
    BANDWIDTH : 40TB +
    RAM : 8GB +
    OS : Linux or Windows ( with Licence )

    Budget : 20 $

    pretty sure it is an evaluation license but this is all i know of that could possibly work in your budget
    https://www.prepaid-hoster.de/vserver/windows-server-mieten/windows-server-konfigurator.html?b=monthly&c293=887&c294=895&c295=904&c296=911&c297=914&c299=920

    bandwidth unmetered but slower port and storage is plain SSD

    What does mean by fair use traffic?

  • eriseris Member

    @Daniel15 said:

    @tetech said: You mean oversold and high steal? Shouldn't be a problem to find others like that.

    I tried Contabo recently with low expectations, and honestly I'm quite surprised. I have one of their NVMe VPSes on the US West Coast (Seattle). It's running really well, very very fast (the NVMe SSD + AMD EPYC processor definitely helps), and CPU steal is generally <2%. Steal is actually lower than other providers where I'm paying more and getting less (old Intel E3 + SATA SSD + DDR3 instead of AMD EPYC + NVMe SSD + DDR4)

    New servers so probably less clients on them.

Sign In or Register to comment.