Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the Best & Free Cpanel alternatives you already used? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are the Best & Free Cpanel alternatives you already used?

Comments

• @ezeth said:
    Cheap VPS > OVH starter

I am looking for options here:
    http://lowendstock.com/
    From $2 / year.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@asaljeplak said:
    does anyone try Fastpanel? On their website it said that it's free, but when i installed it on my DO account i received email saying that it's only free for 18 days (trial)

Some of our customers are using more than a year of course for free, maybe those trials and fees are from DO, you better cancell your license with DO and go directly with fastpanel.

Thanked by 1asaljeplak
  • Use provider that provide free DA or ApisCP?

• @eris said:
    only lacking ipv6 support :(

Who need it?

• @elliotc said:

@eris said:
    only lacking ipv6 support :(

Who need it?

mjj need IPv6 due to China regulation

• @AlbaHost said:

@asaljeplak said:
    does anyone try Fastpanel? On their website it said that it's free, but when i installed it on my DO account i received email saying that it's only free for 18 days (trial)

Some of our customers are using more than a year of course for free, maybe those trials and fees are from DO, you better cancell your license with DO and go directly with fastpanel.

Thanks for clarifying, good to know that it's free

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I'm trying out fastpanel and so far I like it.

• Have been using VirtualMin for more than 5 years, zero major issues so far. Using Hestia on two servers for close to one year, so far so good.

• @Tejy said:
    KeyHelp.

It asks for 1Gb RAM. WoW

"Please note the following installation requirements:

Operating system: Ubuntu LTS or Debian
    Memory: At least 1 GB RAM
    Architecture: 64-bit operating system
    The installation must be performed on a clean system (minimal image), free of installed / configured software.
    All required services are installed and configured by KeyHelp.
    The installation must be done as root user."

• It has been a bit hard to see the installation requirements of a few brands suggested.

If you have experience, insert the minimal requirements to each option, if possible.

• @warih said:
    Control Web Panel aka CWP

In its website:

With Minimum system requirements of 1 GB RAM for a 64bit system, CWP is a highly performant system that is lenient on system resources, thus being an effective solution for server administration.
    If you are looking for Speed then CWP is the best choice.

• @ailice said:
    Now using aapanel and like it

@kaz050457 said:
    Aapel for free but apiscp is good too..

@wicker said:
    https://github.com/aaPanel/aaPanel :# You may need this

@Panit said:
    aaPanel is the best for me.

@Fritz said:

Best paid, I'm agree for DA, but not with Apiscp.

Free panel for personal needs : aaPanel for me. Don't use this for production I guess.

@bruh21 said:
    aapanel

About AAPanel

Over 3,600,000 servers have installed aaPanel in Asia

System requirements
    Operating system: CentOS/Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora/Deepin

Make sure it is a clean operating system, and have not installed Apache/Nginx/php/MySQL from other environments

aaPanel 6.x version is developed based on centos7, It is recommended to use centos7.x

RAM : RAM requirements are at least 512MB, recommended above 768MB, pure panel accounts for about 60MB of system memory

InstallationView detailed tutorial >>
    Centos:yum install -y wget && wget -O install.sh http://www.aapanel.com/script/install_6.0_en.sh && bash install.sh aapanel
    Ubuntu/Deepin:wget -O install.sh http://www.aapanel.com/script/install-ubuntu_6.0_en.sh && sudo bash install.sh aapanel
    Debian:wget -O install.sh http://www.aapanel.com/script/install-ubuntu_6.0_en.sh && bash install.sh aapanel

Less RAM necessary than the others options.
    A VPS with 512Mb can cost from U$ 7 (5Gb Hd) to 8/year (10GB HD) (lowendcost . com).

It looks like a good option to test.

I paid something near U$ 12 / year for a Cpanel host (cloudhostworld.com) with unlimited domains. But.. some problems with security and backup data. They started to NOT REPLY via chat or tickets.
    I think it will be much better to me to learn and to stop Cpanel to stay each time more rich earning by domains.

If 50% of the market did it, Cpanel will stop this policy and strategy.

• @asaljeplak said:

System requirements
    RAM: 1G
    Free space: 5Gb
    CPU: 1 core, 1 Ghz

CentOS 7 (64-bit)
    Debian 8, 9, 10 (64-bit)
    Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

It's strange, but aaPanel seems to be an Asian affair. Search on youtube, only Asian people are reviewing it.

Thanked by 2DragonDF webcraft
  • Virtualmin is also good

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Arkas said:
    It's strange, but aaPanel seems to be an Asian affair. Search on youtube, only Asian people are reviewing it.

it's based off of bt.cn, which is the chinese version. this is where they get their claimed user numbers from

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • I'm trying to find a best free and super lightweight panel too. I found another 2:
    https://cipi.sh/
    https://www.vepp.com/

Does anyone use them?

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • TinyCP

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited September 2021

@DragonDF said:

@Tejy said:
    KeyHelp.

It asks for 1Gb RAM. WoW

"Please note the following installation requirements:

Operating system: Ubuntu LTS or Debian
    Memory: At least 1 GB RAM
    Architecture: 64-bit operating system
    The installation must be performed on a clean system (minimal image), free of installed / configured software.
    All required services are installed and configured by KeyHelp.
    The installation must be done as root user."

Just get a cheap vps with more them 3 GB of RAM., I have try many control panel... and KeyHelp is the best, the security and features are superior and is easy to use., try it, You will not regret it!

Thanked by 2DragonDF webcraft
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited September 2021

cPanel is the only best alternative to cPanel.

DA is good too. But has less features, and feels bloated while loading. But I love their new UX with icons. I've used this new DA. It feels like cPanel minus few features!

HestiaCP is sleek, have basic functions, and very good for managing simple tasks like creating subdomain, phpmyadmin, php version change, and email.

Thanked by 2DragonDF LordSpock
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@JasonM said: HestiaCP is sleek, have basic functions, and very good for managing simple tasks like creating subdomain, phpmyadmin, php version change, and email.

I haven't tried HestiaCP yet. Is it good at managing many sites? Also, does it come with a white label interface so I could customize it?
    Thanks.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I used Webmin, Ajenti and CentOS Web Panel.

However, If I need to host only a few websites on the free control panel then I will choose LAMP Stack with Roundcube. :)

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • @Arkas said: I haven't tried HestiaCP yet. Is it good at managing many sites

Yup, Hestia has less features than Hespia, but can be used on shared/vps for many sites. They claim unlimited sites. DNS, Mail, DB, Cron jobs, and Website, are the functions included

Here's the demo link https://demo.hestiacp.com:8083/login/

You can try Hespia too. It is more widely used by resellerpanel company and their resellers.

demo: http://cpdemo.resellerspanel.com/?auto_login=true

Thanked by 2Arkas DragonDF
  • If alternative DA is Good and new UI is great also

you also try Webmin, CentOS Web Panel is also good

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • JorboxJorbox Member
    edited September 2021

Hestia is not bad I used it to host few websites for years, I only faced some problems with ssl certifications

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 2021

On one instance of TinyCP:
    Total: 744.00 MB
    Used: 235.00 MB
    Cache: 502.00 MB

On another, it runs on:
    Memory 256 MB (100MB used)
    Disk Space 10 GB (using a small fraction of that).

Thanked by 2DragonDF angelcosta
  • seenuseenu Member
    edited September 2021

I have used cyberpanel and still recommend it but it has some bugs especially if you change mysql password etc like web terminal won't work properly.

but i really like and recommend if you are hosting only your own sites (not of customers)

pros:

• web terminal,
    • dns management
    • git deployment
    • very easy to install/update

cons:

• if you change passwords then you will start having issues
    • UI needs some refinement like if you host 50+ sites...navigating to them is hard
    • not sure what the issue is but i see server sending many spam mails to others so i stopped mail server.

after issues with it and realizing openlitespeed itself has a panel.... now i mostly use ols1clk.sh to setup ols and use its panel to manage sites.

in cyberpanel i manage things like dns etc and in all other vpses, i install only ols.

i have lifetime license of apiscp but never find it easy to use so i when i get time....i will try that out too.

Thanked by 1DragonDF
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    On one instance of TinyCP:
    Total: 744.00 MB
    Used: 235.00 MB
    Cache: 502.00 MB

On another, it runs on:
    Memory 256 MB (100MB used)
    Disk Space 10 GB (using a small fraction of that).

Nice performance. Specially because I want to use a cheap 512Mb VPS.

• @rajat said:
    If alternative DA is Good and new UI is great also

you also try Webmin, CentOS Web Panel is also good

DA (Direct Admin) is NOT free.
    60 day trial and after that you need to upgrade to a paid licence.

Webmin:
    in the documentation wiki page it is running in a 568Mb of RAM / of a total 1Gb RAM.

Did you use Webmin in a VPS?

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    I used Webmin, Ajenti and CentOS Web Panel.

However, If I need to host only a few websites on the free control panel then I will choose LAMP Stack with Roundcube. :)

The name LAMP is an acronym of the following programs:
    Linux Operating System
    Apache HTTP Web Server
    MySQL/MariaDB database management system
    PHP programming language

What is the Linux OS you suggest?

And what about the RAM is necessary?