Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday at EDIS 35% off - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday at EDIS 35% off

Comments

• Antarctica

• linuxglobelinuxglobe Member
    edited November 2013

Dear William! I ordered, and get a vps, and I tried to install Kloxo-MR webpanel on it, but the installation was failed. I tried on my older vps, where installed succesfully. Is this bug from OS template?

• ExPl0ReR said: Right now we're working on a UNIQUE new location in Europe ;-)

Please, let this be Greece! Big LEB fans but very expensive local DCs!

• William said: Not EU

Liechtenstein?

• @jvnadr Greece is out because it's an EU country. DomainBop posted a list of countries, that geographically belong to Europe but are not member of the European Union. If William and Gerhard are both right those are the possible countries for the new location.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2013

We are both right, but no more infos - just wait :)

linuxglobe said: Dear William! I ordered, and get a vps, and I tried to install Kloxo-MR webpanel on it, but the installation was failed. I tried on my older vps, where installed succesfully. Is this bug from OS template?

I doubt it, however you might want to use another - we have 2 of most OS at least.

jvnadr said: Please, let this be Greece! Big LEB fans but very expensive local DCs!

OTE is not expensive. Greece simply isn't stable enough for hosting yet again, in special as OTEs main DC is in central Athens, next to Omonia square (Just see this picture of my trip to athens this summer and judge yourself http://i.imgur.com/HrHYGmk.jpg )

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2013

• @William said:
    Not EU. Not our IPs this time.

(Digging around for whois/lacnic/afrinic/ripe/arin entries is useless also, i have taken care of that :p)

@jvnadr William = Edis, too. So I'm sorry man, but this isn't going to happen ;(

Phew, that thrill of anticipation..that list! I can't get it out of my head now!

So it could be: Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, San Marino, Serbia, Turkey, Vatican City

because Iceland, Russia and Switzerland already exist(ed) and Ukraine is not that unique. I hope there will be nice offers. Won't sleep now because I have to monitor twitter and everything else for updates <3

• @chrisp Maybe Vatican City! That will be a truly unique location and blessed by God!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I would say Liechtenstein :P

• chrisp said: Croatia

Croatia is in the EU.

• William said: OTEs main DC is in central Athens

Screw OTE. How about Forthnet?

• @Nyr said:
    I would say Liechtenstein :P

Hm but William said, that it's not Edis IPs this time. I, too, would say it's Liechtenstein because of the hosting provider of someone in that thread, but the AS is Edis. Ok but the IPs are not announced by Edis so it may be true. Still drives me crazy...

• GallusGallus Member
    edited November 2013

Turkey would be an interesting location. That is near mainland Europe and near Africa, the Middle East.

• Turkey is indeed interesting, as is Serbia. Belarus is neat also. Or might be something else. We'll see soon :)

• LeeLee Veteran

In the meantime I grabbed an Iceland box :)

• @William said:
    Turkey is indeed interesting, as is Serbia. Belarus is neat also. Or might be something else. We'll see soon :)

Belarus has expensive world traffic.
    Turkey has enough providers.

I think it's possibly Moldova or Norway.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

alexvolk said: Norway

.no and .fi are expensive.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

rds100 said: Croatia is in the EU.

To bad for us...

• drserver said: To bad for us...

I agree, the EU sux.

• Anyone from waveride.at reading this thread? I purchased a new VPS account 2 days ago and have been unable to connect via SSH the entire time. I submitted the first support request almost 48 hours ago and haven't had any response yet. Can someone from waveride.at support answer ticket #156075 or #971234.

Thanked by 1DeftNerd
  • I'm glad you said something! I was thinking I was doing something wrong!

I got a 4gb server on NL1, their new server in Amsterdam, and networking just isn't working. Their OpenVZ is supposed to push the IP4 settings to my /etc/networking/interfaces file, but it is only pushing the IP6 information and IP6 is pretty borked too. a traceroute6 to 2001:4860:b002::68 only gets through 4 hops before it starts bouncing back and forth and is dropped.

• Belarus datacenters are used by some scandinavian hosters, and at least a norwegian one. Belarus is cheaper than Norway, anyway .... Norway is one of the worst places in Europe, price-wise, just because the levels of salaries. To feed everyone working locally at a hosting business, rental prices must be very high.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2013

William said: We are both right, but no more infos - just wait :)

It's not the EU but it is in Europe. Plenty of countries to cross off the list :-)

@William: does the one who guessed it right here get one month free service or a discount? :P

• @emilv said:
    ExPl0ReR Is something wrong with the OVZ server in Iceland?

Hey emilv, I'm not sure what sort of problem you were experiencing, but I started up a server there and was having some pretty serious bandwidth issues. I was able to get about 2Mb/s down on the 100MB test file, but my server was only getting about 200-300kb/s both up and down.

I ended up cancelling, but wasn't sure if you were having the same issue and got it resolved. I like the idea of having a VPS there.

Good luck!

• Do they allow more ipv4 in kvm vps? Or max is 1?

• @emce said:
    Hey emilv, I'm not sure what sort of problem you were experiencing, but I started up a server there and was having some pretty serious bandwidth issues. I was able to get about 2Mb/s down on the 100MB test file, but my server was only getting about 200-300kb/s both up and down.

ThorDC had some network issues this weekend due to faulty networking equipment but it appears to be fixed.

Thanked by 1emce
  • Yea, Thor had some pretty strange stuff going on with Vodafone and nullroutes, very annoying.

Thanked by 1emce
  • They hadn't canceled my VPS yet, so I booted it back up to check again. It appears I'm now seeing about 6MB/s download speeds to the server which is much better.

Thanks!

• emilvemilv Member
    edited December 2013

Doesnt appear to be fixed yet. Speeds are below 100Mb/s (I get ~6MB/s from http://fedora.is/100MB) and pings within Iceland is about the same pings to the UK/NL.

THORDC:

traceroute to mbl.is (92.43.192.110), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 9-49-235-37.static.edis.at (37.235.49.9) 0.031 ms 0.016 ms 0.019 ms 2 82.221.9.14 (82.221.9.14) 39.023 ms 39.113 ms 39.218 ms 3 csn-198.simnet.is (157.157.115.198) 38.738 ms 38.794 ms 38.779 ms 4 neumann.mbl.is (92.43.192.110) 38.635 ms 38.619 ms 38.663 ms

Should be around 2-3ms if everything is normal. The server is great though, just waiting for the network to be optimal. :)