Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good, cheap dedicated server? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good, cheap dedicated server?

2»

Comments

• Dont you have to be 18+ to enter a legally binding contract? IE TOS/AUP with your clients?

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

In Italy you can work at 16 (it was 14 until a few years ago) but you need to be 18+ to register a company.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2012

In US you can even drive regular cars at 16 so maybe they allow it but I highly doubt.
    Can register in someone else's name, it is very simple there. I even own a company in Panama without setting foot in the western emisphere.
    M

• Maybe a dumb question but...

You need to register as a company to provide some hosting? :S

• Forming an LLC in the US is allowed at 16 I believe, but an adult has to sign it. Like, I can be an owner but someone else must establish it.

• You can't even have a lemonade stand in the USA without having gone through certain procedures.

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
  • @DotVPS said: I believe you can register a company in the UK at the age of 16.

Registering a company and entering into a legally binding contract are two different things.

• @DepotVPS_Shane said: Forming an LLC in the US

Why form an LLC? Being a sole proprietor in the US requires you are breathing.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @VMPort said: Dont you have to be 18+ to enter a legally binding contract? IE TOS/AUP with your clients?

You can join the British Army under the age of 18 thous entering a legally binding contact.

• @Taylor said: You can join the British Army under the age of 18 thous entering a legally binding contact.

That is a good point. But that's also government related, you know they can make the rules fit whatever they want.

• I want my lemonade stand like in Peanuts u_u

• tuxtux Member

@Taylor said: You can join the British Army under the age of 18 thous entering a legally binding contact.

child soldier

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@yomero said: I want my lemonade stand like in Peanuts u_u

ULTRA GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• FLVPSFLVPS Member

@miTgiB said: Why form an LLC? Being a sole proprietor in the US requires you are breathing.

His parents being sued for everything they are worth because of a sole proprietorship when liability comes up or a state cap at a certain amount, like $5000, with a LLC.

• FLVPSFLVPS Member

@DepotVPS_Shane said: Forming an LLC in the US is allowed at 16 I believe, but an adult has to sign it.

Sign it, have their info on it, etc. but "give you the keys" to the business to run it.

• @Naruto said: You can't even have a lemonade stand in the USA without having gone through certain procedures.

I'm sure this was a joke, but you know that was true when I was 9 years old selling off the side of my street.
    A policeman came from his car, bought a cup for 50 cents i think it was (i had those big 32oz ones, not the kool-aid 8oz :P) and then he told me that I shouldn't be selling anything because I don't have a permit and that he'll 'let it slide'.

I never sold lemonade after that.

• Ok, first off, SERIOUSLY? Didn't you already have this conversation in another thread....

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1748/vps-resellers#Item_88

I will just link our previous conversation... maybe you didn't read it..

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/37365#Comment_37365

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

to get cheap dedicated server you need not only cash but knowledge of linux/unix/windows, as majority times cheap dedicated server come with unmanaged service.

• komokomo Member

@Blackstorm72 said: I'm sure this was a joke, but you know that was true

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=policeman+selling+children+lemonade

• Blackstorm72Blackstorm72 Member
    edited March 2012

@komo
    LOL. Well. Good thing it wasn't that big of a deal fpr me. That's just ridiculous.
    Although they appear to be on government property. This was just in my YARD next to the road.
    /sigh