Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BUYVM: real or scam? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BUYVM: real or scam?

Comments

• @malitoowned said:
    cant paid... all mark as fraud xd

that's crazy just do what was mentioned above 4 times

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@malitoowned said:
    cant paid... all mark as fraud xd

You can ticket and we can check, but it's usually:

• You paid while on a VPN
    • You're in a banned country (Morocco)
    • You're putting in invalid details
    • You've recently moved and didn't update your credit card

Francisco

• deankdeank Member, Troll

When I tried Fran's hosting plan, my payment went through without any delay.

Makes me wonder what people are doing so wrong nowadays. VPN, VM, virtual CCs, crooked paypal.

All signs point that the end must be nigh.

Join Nigh sect.

• @jar said:
    Too many threads for buyvm in a relatively short time period with negative angled topic titles, from too many new accounts. I'd suspect the provider of creating new accounts to make negative threads as they actually create sales, but Fran doesn't have the available stock to support it.

Ah ha! Trying to outdo Racknerd in thread bumping.

• @deank said:
    When I tried Fran's hosting plan, my payment went through without any delay.

Makes me wonder what people are doing so wrong nowadays. VPN, VM, virtual CCs, crooked paypal.

All signs point that the end must be nigh.

Join Nigh sect.

So... Is this a popcorn drama?

And who is Karen?

@default said: And who is Karen?

Karen is Karen, she's our billing manager. She handles all money in & out of the company.

Francisco

edited August 2021

Karen is Fran's alter ego.

Flip Fran's gender, and you have Karen.

Thanked by 2dahartigan cybertech
  • @deank said:
    Karen is Fran's alter ego.

Flip Fran's gender, and you have Karen.

Did you just assume the gender of Francisco?

I have not.

@TimboJones said: Ah ha! Trying to outdo Racknerd in thread bumping.

You know, we just mass updated our templates last night.....

Francisco

• frogfrog Barred

Danish tax office: The invoice has to be in the company name and address. Paying invoices in a shareholder's name/address is by law an illegal shareholder loan (tax fraud).

Don'tBuyVM Terms: P.O. Boxes and non-residential or mail forwarding addresses are not accepted.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

That deserves its own thread!

• more real than you.

• @madcustomer said: I'm concerned now at why they were so insistent on having my residential address

The signup requirements in their Terms can be anything but foggy. Nonetheless some things (from the third-party provided sales chat, to the the third-parties used during the verification process) quickly render the first point in their privacy policy futile, so I can't say your concerns are baseless.

@Francisco said (deducted quote): Can't use a PO BOX, we don't do business with homeless people and don't host for anyone living on crew ship.

All right...? :)

@Francisco said: If there's more payment methods I'm missing out on, let me know.

I saw someone accepting pushups as payment.

• @asasd said: I saw someone accepting pushups as payment.

@yoursunny will gladly accept your push-ups for his South Pole DC VPS

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@default said: Did you just assume the gender of Francisco?

I assume Francisco is a man because he has a man's name and it would be daft not to.

I assume Karen is a hot, big-breasted soccer mom with flowing blond hair, creamy white skin, legs for days, and a tight ex-gymnast's body because she has a hot, big-breasted soccer mom with flowing blonde hair, creamy white skin, legs for days, and a tight ex-gymnast's body's name and it would be daft not to. Also I would expect nothing less from Francisco.

• @raindog308 said:

@default said: Did you just assume the gender of Francisco?

I assume Francisco is a man because he has a man's name and it would be daft not to.

I assume Karen is a hot, big-breasted soccer mom with flowing blond hair, creamy white skin, legs for days, and a tight ex-gymnast's body because she has a hot, big-breasted soccer mom with flowing blonde hair, creamy white skin, legs for days, and a tight ex-gymnast's body's name and it would be daft not to. Also I would expect nothing less from Francisco.

I don't know dude. If you look up Karen on youtube, all you get are middle aged/older, entitled, white women. I'm not saying our Karen is that way, she was nice to me, but ijs, don't be making assumptions about Karens lol

• "As soon as the camera's off, he gon' fuck that lil' dog"

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

This is way too kinky for me. I am more of a romantic and passionate person. Enjoy BuyVM without me.

• @default said:
    This is way too kinky for me. I am more of a romantic and passionate person. Enjoy BuyVM without me.

The whole thing I think is sick
    The whole thing I think is sick..

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited August 2021

OP, try using myip.ms to check the exact location ( "Your Location" column) on homepage for your exact IP address & city. Location = city.
    My new order were also rejected automatically by BuyVM and when I enquired to their billing she replied me that my IP location was not matching my address.

Well this happened because of my ISP gives dynamic IP address and since our country is damn large in size the IP could be 1000 miles away in another city and my city/zip would not match.

After dis-connecting/connecting my router several times I finally checked myip.ms site where is showed I got IP from my city. Then I placed order which was successfully accepted.

This happens only when using certain ISP from my country. Some ISP just provides regional IPs which are closer to the city or within the city.

• I could be even simpler.. if you signup via smartphone and use Chrome, there is an option for "data save". If this is enabled, you get routed via VPN and you don't know it.

Or use a different browser with "private mode".
    Opera f.e. activates an VPN when you browse in "private mode"

Or even an antivirus. Avira f.e. includes a vpn which is located in a different country.

Thanked by 2JasonM ElonBezos
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2021

I have been able to sign in anonymously years ago. I was paying with paypal, never had an issue with that.
    In order to be anonymous you need to know how to defeat the system. If you make them reject enough valid customers and you still can get in at any time, you know your "trade".
    Disclaimer: I am an anonymity freak with decades of experience, so YMMV.

• Their geoip dbs are weird. I had to use my LTE connection to order(both times). I did ask them to fix it but it's probably a third party solution, idk.

@cadddr said: Their geoip dbs are weird.

Tell me about it... Our ranges have been listed as being all over the world, even outside of RIPE. People contact us asking for an Italian IP, not an Algerian one.

@cadddr said: Their geoip dbs are weird. I had to use my LTE connection to order(both times). I did ask them to fix it but it's probably a third party solution, idk.

Karen normally checks ip-api.com or whatever fraudlabs reports.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: You're in a banned country (Morocco)

Even we are being troubled by Morocco IP. We are getting lots of images being uploaded which are used for bulk emailing and those images carry false information. We are banning them and removing those images.

If I am banning the Morocco IP range then I would be losing real users too, is there a know IP database one can ban to avoid those people using our website?

Thanks

@imgmoney said:

@Francisco said: You're in a banned country (Morocco)

Even we are being troubled by Morocco IP. We are getting lots of images being uploaded which are used for bulk emailing and those images carry false information. We are banning them and removing those images.

If I am banning the Morocco IP range then I would be losing real users too, is there a know IP database one can ban to avoid those people using our website?

Thanks

Could always see if you can force a captcha/javascript check on their IP ranges.

Morocco is blacklisted with us because we see a ~100% spammer rate. Even people that promise to 'never need email' start screaming an hour into signing up because their mail ports are firewalled.

Francisco

Thanked by 1dedicados

I think you can limit displays to 100 a day or less, more than that should require a captcha. This will filter out other kinds of abuse.

• catscats Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Woohoo, pastee for everyone!